Forum Elder

Need For Speed Most Wanted better with Kinect.

according to producer Chris Roberts..

2. Likes Cybertox likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The voice recognition feature is quiet good but not really that useful. I think that you can be as fast as the voice system with the controller. Now that i have seen this gameplay video as well i can say that i noticed some significant fps drops. That makes me reconsider if i should get this game for PS3 or PC. If the PS3 version of the game will have such fps drops as the ones in the video i will have to get the game for PC. The bad thing about pc as well is that im not sure if im going to be able to run the game on max settings decent enough.

Soldier 95B
    I have found that all of my games that support voice commands (such as ME3 and Skyrim) through Kinect, are much faster using the voice commands compared to using the controller.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I have found that all of my games that support voice commands (such as ME3 and Skyrim) through Kinect, are much faster using the voice commands compared to using the controller.
    Might be possible, never used a kinect so i cant tell but i dont think that its a big advantage, im not even sure if it is one.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Seeing as the game uses on the fly menus to adjust a bunch of things I can see Kinect being very useful in many situations, especially since the menus look like they go quite deep in. The turning your car on (pressing Y on the controller), and the camera pan (right stick) seems rather pointless though

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Im sorry but i can't help stop laughing at this.

I mean, how can you think saying "get in this car" or "look around" can be a good idea or even "cool"...

I mean after the first 5 minutes, after you said a few commands just to get them out of the way, i bet many just ignore them and use the controller...

Such a ridiculous and useless gimmick, I find it funny. The only people i think can even possibly find this cool are those who brought the kinect and feel like they have to use it, to justify the price. So much simpler, easier and straight forward to just use the controller...

( i think changing the tyres, making adjustments on the move is very stupid, even for an arcade racer its laughable, should have to use a garage for it...)

( this only implies to what i seen here, i mean it can be a lot more useful and maybe provide an advantage on other games, such as shooters and even skyrim ( not sure if this happens, but saying the weapon you want and it appears, instead of going into the menu would be awesome)

8. Likes Cybertox , Bigdoggy likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah I don't see many people using this feature for long. When most commands are 1-2 button presses away and that takes 20x less time than actually saying something out loud, clearly so the kinect can understand it. Eg skyrim omg shouts? Biggest waste of time just press the damn trigger and it's done takes a millisecond lol

Via Tapatalk

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    There's a definite usefulness in skipping menus though, as it seems the menu can get rather deep and in the midst of 'battle' it would be nice to have the option to go exactly where you need... Usefulness is further increased as it allows one to avoid that dodgy 360 d-pad
    Last edited by Nitey; 10-21-2012 at 02:37.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    There's a definite usefulness in skipping menus though, as it seems the menu can get rather deep and in the midst of 'battle' it would be nice to have the option to go exactly where you need... Usefulness is further increased as it allows one to avoid that dodgy 360 d-pad
    True true. It can have its uses. Unfortunately my time with Kinect hasn't been very responsive or accurate in terms of recognising my voice. Not sure if its Aussie accent thing (which mine isn't even THAT prominent) or if the tech is just kinda dodgy. Regardless, some skills/menu commands could yes, world a lot better than that flimsy dpad. I love xbox controllers but that dpad haha.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    Is the microphone in Kinect amazing or something? What's stopping the PS Eye from doing this?
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by ash91 View Post
    Is the microphone in Kinect amazing or something? What's stopping the PS Eye from doing this?
    Probably nothing.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It's mostly likely the developer tools that are built into the 360 OS, and not the PS3 firmware. Mynd can explain that in better words and a lot more detailed than I can.

Soldier 95B
    Nothing is stopping the PSEYE. The question is what is stopping Sony from creating a universal voice recognition SDK like MS has done for Kinect. Developers don't have to spend RD with Kinect and they know over 20 million households have it. And MS advertises the he'll out of it.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Kinect is good, very good.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Kinect is good, very good.
    Those that don't have say differently.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Elder
    I'd maybe say that the mic in Kinect is somewhat different than that in the PS camera and the kinect sdk will also help the 360.

Master Guru
    Kinect is cool but i think NFS: Most Wanted is better in my PS3.

Thread Information