sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Violent crimes in the US on the rise again

Violent crimes in the US on the rise again

20 October, 2012, 01:38

TAGS:
    Crime, Law, Sex, USA, Police, FBI

Casselberry Police investigate a shooting at the Las Dominicanas M & M Salon in Casselberry, Florida October 18, 2012. A gunman opened fire at a central Florida beauty salon on Thursday, killing three women and wounding another before fleeing and committing suicide at a nearby residence, the Orlando Sentinel reported. (Reuters/David Manning)

For the first time since 1993, violent crimes in America are on the rise.
    Statistics released this week by the US Department of Justice reveal that for the first time in nearly two decades, violent crimes across the country have surged following almost 20 years of data showing a drop in reported cases. In 2011, the total number of assaults and other violent crimes shot up 18 percent when compared to the year prior.

The Justice Department released figures this week after analyzing all types of crimes considered violent by the DoJ, including rape, sexual assault, robbery and crimes that include weapons or end with injury.

Most violent assaults, according to the annual National Crime Victimization Survey, actually remained unchanged across 2011. Simple assaults and aggravated attacks, however, surged by 22 percent, with around 5 million instances of those crimes being logged by police during the last calendar year. Those simple assaults, which clocked in at 3.9 million for last year, are defined as attacks where injuries are minor or nonexistent. More serious crimes, such as rape and robbery, totaled to 1.8 million in 2008.

Despite an evident increase in these serious crimes, the news comes after years of more positive numbers coming from across the country.
    “2011 may be worse than 2010, but it was also the second-best in recent history,” Northeastern University criminology professor James Alan Fox tells the Associated Press. “These simple assaults are so low-level in severity that they are not even included in the FBI counts of serious crime,” Fox adds. The AP acknowledges that the Federal Bureau of Investigation only considers aggravated assaults in their personal statistics.

“Twenty years ago we knew what it was like to live through periods of high crime, and it was terrible. If we get another bad crime wave, my fear is we’ll react in a more punitive way and miss the opportunity to learn what is effective when the public is ready to try different things,” Harold Pollack, co-director of the University of Chicago Crime Lab, tells the Christian Science Monitor.

“A 17 percent increase is a pretty small rate relatively to where we were 20 years ago. That’s important to remember,”William Pridemore, a criminal justice professor at Indiana University in Bloomington, adds to their report.

The FBI is expected to release the results from their annual Uniform Crime Report last this month, to which experts suggest to CNN that an overall decline in crime is expected across the board, given that early research revealed a 4 percent drop for the first few months of 2011.

Link: http://rt.com/usa/news/violent-rise-assault-fbi-834/

Back to the good old days in the U.S.A
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Do you purposely just search FL news?

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

3. Likes x_terna, claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    lmao... Just the news dude

rt.com has it all for me
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Lol statistics. They always make them so they look bad. They not counting for increse in population.

If I told you city a had 40 crimes per year and city b had 12 crimes per years which sounds better?

Now what if I told you city a has a pop of 3000 while city b has a pop of 300.

My area has had crime on the rise but more people live here now and it is snow bird time.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    yep its just numbers... But so were they back in 1993, so either way, Crime is growing

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    yep its just numbers... But so were they back in 1993, so either way, Crime is growing
    Of course because the population has grown. More people more crime.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

8. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    true.. Recession and food stamps, plus stupid leaders as well

Adds to the crime rate

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I think Claud's doing this on purpose..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    what pointing out flaws in the U.S or just pointing out that every country, has a drop and raise in crime. But some more that others

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Both..haha I'm kidding man do what you do best.

‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

13. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    i report the reports and post the truth.. Plus i am one man against a massive world of news, trying to take apart the lies from the real truth

15. Likes Kuro likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    The vigilante of psu..

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    America $#@! yeah!!! Lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    The vigilante of psu..
    you could put it that way lmao

Well i never watch cnn, fox, sky news etc etc...

RT is the only channel i watch... Love all the news they have and i like to post the most funny, important and comment worthy here on PSU.

I am claud3 the PSU anchor man

19. Likes Kuro likes this post
    Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

21. Likes Nitey , Fon , Kuro , claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    LMAO...You trying to say something my friend

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    i report the reports and post the truth.. Plus i am one man against a massive world of news, trying to take apart the lies from the real truth

What utter tripe.

Out of curiosity, what is the violent crime rate of the UK? How many per 100,000 people?

What is the violent crime rate of the US? How many per 100,000 people?

How much unreported crime is estimated to take place in the UK per year

Let's see you take apart the lies and tell the truth about that.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lol
    Last edited by keefy; 10-21-2012 at 02:46.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    What utter tripe.

Out of curiosity, what is the violent crime rate of the UK? How many per 100,000 people?

What is the violent crime rate of the US? How many per 100,000 people?

How much unreported crime is estimated to take place in the UK per year

Let's see you take apart the lies and tell the truth about that.
    If you want to know that, you should probably go look it up yourself. Then you can post a thread about it here for everyone to read.

It's not Claude's job to appease everyone, it's getting tiring to see people do nothing but complain/comment on him rather than the article when he puts a thread up (not specifically aimed at you).

Admittedly, his last comment wasn't a terribly good one, though. Lol.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    America had always a high rate of crime and thats one of the main issues there. So the increase of crime isnt something shocking.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Look, I just posted it

For people to know. I never aim any thread at any country, yes most is from the u.s.a, but its just a thread

And yes my last comment was stupid.

If you want to attack me go ahead. It will not change my position on my threads I make

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't have a problem with you making threads. It's the ego stroking and posts about RT News supposedly being a better source than other news sites that bugs me.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    me rt.com is excellent source of news for real news is some cases, yes I admit I can read between the lines on some of their reports. I only take the ones I feel that will get a reaction on the forum

Again I do not aim them at anyone. The news could be from anywhere in the world, and I just enjoy posting ones i feel that are funny, silly or important... thats it

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    America had always a high rate of crime and thats one of the main issues there. So the increase of crime isnt something shocking.
    Hmmmm.

US Violent Crime Rate = 403 per 100,000 people

That is lower than EVERY EU country.

To put it in perspective for you....

UK is over 2,000 per 100,000 people
    Sweden is over 1,100 per 100,000 people
    Finland is over 700 per 100,000 people
    France is over 500 per 100,000 people

Also, Canada is over 900 per 100,000 people

If the US has a high rate of crime, just imagine what the UK is like with a violent crime rate that is more than 500% higher than the US. In fact, out of the entire European continent, the only country that is close to as LOW as the US is Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    It's not Claude's job to appease everyone, it's getting tiring to see people do nothing but complain/comment on him rather than the article when he puts a thread up (not specifically aimed at you).

Claud has a political agenda that he's pushing, and it's very clearly anti-American. He posts almost nothing other than American news with his own special bigotted twist on his commentary. Being in the US South I have known people with similar neo-political agendas. Most wore white sheets over their heads.

If he wants to continue with that trend in his posting, I will continue calling him out on it. If he wants to pretend that America is so bad I'll be more than happy to make an apples to apples comparison with his homeland to show, if for no other reason than to demonstrate that he should be more worried about his backyard than mine.

The UK is a cesspit compared to the US with crime that rivals Mexico, state sanctioned suppression of free speech and ideas, and more people collecting welfare than are working. I would like to remind dear claud that in the US we do not brand 5 year old children racists and place that in official records for making a simple playground joke, and our hospital emergency rooms aren't filled to closure with vomit and urine covered drunks every Friday and Saturday night..
    Last edited by Completely Average; 10-26-2012 at 17:12.

31. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    gotta love statistics lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information