Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    Has that article been posted in the forum? Sounds like an actual good scope for, at least, what they're playing around with!
    No it hasn't been posted as far as I know. With so many next gen rumours and stuff i don't post much articles

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    are you kidding? UE4's lighting and particle effects are brilliant. also, the UE4 tech demo isn't some video the guy is actually moving around and looking around in the tech demo. not like Square Enix and their CGI animated video. I want to see their actual gameplay or to see them move around in it while it's showing off those graphics and they wont be able to do that because it's no different then a Final Fantasy cut sequence.
    You actually thought Square's engine was an FMV made with CGI? Just goes to show you how garbage UE is.

I can't believe how many people think Unreal Engine is the top of line. SMH... Why do you think so many companies use Unreal Engine? Because it is dirt cheap to license and much cheaper than using other better engines or creating your own.

It's bottom of the barrel stuff. As generic as you can get.

3. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Forum Guru
    UE4 seems to be very impressive, fast iteration times etc.

The graphics tech they showed was not bad either.
    http://www.unrealengine.com/files/mi...x9_%282%29.pdf
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There is even the free UDK to make your own game.

www.unrealengine.com/udk

Where is cryengine 4 or are they still using 3?
    Last edited by keefy; 10-23-2012 at 12:19.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    There is even the free UDK to make your own game.

www.unrealengine.com/udk

Where is cryengine 4 or are they still using 3?
    Cryengine 3 has most of the features of UE4
    However they are working on Cryengine 4

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    You actually thought Square's engine was an FMV made with CGI? Just goes to show you how garbage UE is.

I can't believe how many people think Unreal Engine is the top of line. SMH... Why do you think so many companies use Unreal Engine? Because it is dirt cheap to license and much cheaper than using other better engines or creating your own.

Breaking news
    Square licesned UE4 despite having luminous
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/10/2...nreal-engine-4

It's about ease of access, developer tools, and customizability

8. Likes Kauldron likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style

actually yes, that is what it will look like during cut sequences. what I am saying is if you think Final Fantasy gameplay on the PS4 is going to look like that, I will just say that is friggin ridiculous. I should be cracking up right now in laughter.

Is it just me or do people actually believe this bull$#@!? everytime they show a tech demo you get about 20 people in each forum that actually believe that is what games will look like, then they wonder why they don't look like that.

AS for the UE engine, the reason a lot of developers like that engine is because it's user friendly, it doesn't look like crap at all. The people that say otherwise are people that actually want me to believe they are developers? please. if you are hating on UE4, it's mainly because people are "singing birds" and they are whistling what other "non-developers" are saying, period.

Also, with UE4 when I was discussing that it's more believable for gameplay, I was talking about the UE4 lighting and particle effects. which by the way are very very well done.

@ people actually thinking that is what the next SE games are going to look like. holy crap
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 10-23-2012 at 19:55.

Ultimate Veteran
    BioShock Infinite says hello.

11. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    BioShock Infinite says hello.
    and gears 3

actually yes, that is what it will look like during cut sequences. what I am saying is if you think Final Fantasy gameplay on the PS4 is going to look like that, I will just say that is friggin ridiculous. I should be cracking up right now in laughter.

Is it just me or do people actually believe this bull$#@!? everytime they show a tech demo you get about 20 people in each forum that actually believe that is what games will look like, then they wonder why they don't look like that.
    Zelda games always looked better than their tech demos. just sayin

Last edited by Itachi; 10-23-2012 at 20:12.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC

AS for the UE engine, the reason a lot of developers like that engine is because it's user friendly, it doesn't look like crap at all. The people that say otherwise are people that actually want me to believe they are developers? please. if you are hating on UE4, it's mainly because people are "singing birds" and they are whistling what other "non-developers" are saying, period.

Also, with UE4 when I was discussing that it's more believable for gameplay, I was talking about the UE4 lighting and particle effects. which by the way are very very well done.

@ people actually thinking that is what the next SE games are going to look like. holy crap
    FFXIII looked just as good as the FFVII tech demo though, if not better.

And the FFVIII PS2 tech demo was definitely surpassed by FFX.

So who knows...
    Last edited by Ixion; 10-23-2012 at 20:33.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    FFXIII looked just as good as the FFVII tech demo though, if not better.

I just don't believe that Final Fantasy gameplay will hit what the tech demo actually consist of and the reason is this. if it did hit that level then the PS4 has surpassed every single PC game and future PC games by 5 or so years. just look at that tech demo, that quality would be consisted of cut sequences, not actual gameplay.

plus the C.S. from FF7 is quite a few years old, that was during the PS1 part.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I just don't believe that Final Fantasy gameplay will hit what the tech demo actually consist of and the reason is this. if it did hit that level then the PS4 has surpassed every single PC game and future PC games by 5 or so years. just look at that tech demo, that quality would be consisted of cut sequences, not actual gameplay.

plus the C.S. from FF7 is quite a few years old, that was during the PS1 part.
    From what I understand, The Agni's Philosophy tech demo was created solely to showcase the abilities of the Luminous Engine. It used the most powerful technology available. It wasn't a PS4 tech demo. So you're probably right.

Master Guru
    well I sure hope I am wrong in this matter but my main minor rant was in case of people always downplaying UE when in fact the engine is a really good engine. only developers can define the engine, if you have a crappy developer that can't do much with UE, outcome for that engine with their game isn't going to be nearly as good. but look at batman and the engine is basically singing, so are a few other games using it. not only that but developers can add to the engine even more to include better physics, etc etc. updated or whatever else.

are you kidding? UE4's lighting and particle effects are brilliant. also, the UE4 tech demo isn't some video the guy is actually moving around and looking around in the tech demo. not like Square Enix and their CGI animated video. I want to see their actual gameplay or to see them move around in it while it's showing off those graphics and they wont be able to do that because it's no different then a Final Fantasy cut sequence.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO-2rdmbmL4 you're welcomed

Veteran
    well I sure hope I am wrong in this matter but my main minor rant was in case of people always downplaying UE when in fact the engine is a really good engine. only developers can define the engine, if you have a crappy developer that can't do much with UE, outcome for that engine with their game isn't going to be nearly as good. but look at batman and the engine is basically singing, so are a few other games using it. not only that but developers can add to the engine even more to include better physics, etc etc. updated or whatever else.
    I know I rag on UE a lot but it does have qualities that is does very well such as metal surfaces and such. I can't say the same for its stability and performance. Devs who put a lot of work into it can get some pretty stunning effects. I just see that the engine is a very base one.

On the subject of gameplay, I hope no one thinks any of these are gameplay. That wasn't stated anywhere. It is just videos to show in engine capabilities.

Also, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think Batman looks that good. I just don't see it.

I have a game called Dark Sector and I think that is the best looking Unreal Engine game I've seen. Too bad the game bombed. Bought it for $9.00 new.

Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Breaking news
    Square licesned UE4 despite having luminous
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/10/2...nreal-engine-4

It's about ease of access, developer tools, and customizability
    I'm not sure what Square is doing. They spend millions developing their own engine and then license another.

Only possibilities I can come up with:

1. They are letting the western teams use Unreal and the eastern teams use luminous.

2. They gave up on their own engine.

3. They are taking parts of UE that does things better than their own engine and incorporating it into Luminous.

I would hope it would be number 3 because the rest is just burning money. But hey, maybe they have money to burn. I dunno.
    Last edited by Kauldron; 10-24-2012 at 03:12.

Forum Guru
    I'm not sure what Square is doing. They spend millions developing their own engine and then license another.
    If I remember correctly Luminous was/is primarily aimed to JRPGs, so I'm sure that they will use it for future FF series.
    UE is most likely the multipurpose tool for everything else.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Well, remember The Last Remnant? It was a squeenix game that used UE3 whereas FFXIII games used SE's own engine.

I think UE4 will be for less personal projects and Luminous, or whatever it's called, for FF games, possibly exclusives.

21. Likes D3seeker likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    I think UE4 will be for less personal projects and Luminous, or whatever it's called, for FF games, possibly exclusives.
    Pretty much. That's what we saw this generation. Crytal Tools was used for the Final Fantasy games and UE3 was used for the smaller budget titles.

Thread Information