SKYRIM: is it worth buying for the ps3 console?

thinking about buying skyrim for ps3 but very hesitant due to the bugs and the lagging. Thats very unfortunate. anyone know if the patches fixd the bugs or lagging or not? anyone who owns skyrim for ps3 please share your experience!
    Last edited by scharatroll141; 10-23-2012 at 01:06.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by scharatroll141 View Post
    thinking about buying skyrim for ps3 but very hesitant due to the bugs and the lagging. Thats very unfortunate. anyone know if the patches fixd the bugs or lagging or not? anyone who owns skyrim for ps3 please share your experience with experience!
    I have read a ton of great reviews for Skyrim for the PS3. People on this forum have not had issues with it. It comes highly recommended. However, keep in mind that it is unlikely that the PS3 version will be getting the DLC Dawnguard...at least anytime soon.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The ps3 version runs fine and has Bec t to no problems, I own it.

But as soldier said, it doesn't have any on the DLC as of yet/not sure if it ever gonna get it.

Via Tapatalk

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Don't do it. Bethesda does not deserve any PS3 players money. They pretty much said it was never getting Dawnguard, or any other expansion because they have problems coding for PS3. Well if they had problems why did they make it to begin with for it. The bugs and lag are just about gone, but if I didn't buy it day 1 and was thinking of it now I def wouldn't because of how bethesda basically does not care to support it.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    If you have a capable PC, I wouldn't bother getting it for PS3. However, if you only have a PS3 then I'd say go for it. You might not get all the DLC but in the end you wouldn't really have a choice anyway unless you also had a Xbox 360.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    There are almost no issues with bug or lagging now after patches. But they are still having issues with DLC which has yet to be released. My suggestion: wait till they get that worked out and buy a GOTY edition which will include the DLC.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    No DLC should answer your question. PS3 Skyrim owners got shafted up the ass with a spikey Bethesda brand $#@! without lube.

8. Likes Aldebaran, mistercrow likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    ...a spikey Bethesda brand $#@! without lube.
    Wow, is this a premium you get when pre-ordering the GOTY edition? Coz I'm in!

Shut up and play games

10. Likes Aldebaran likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    yes, Skyrim is still worth buying.

it'll lag in a few locations, but for the most part it runs smooth. if i recall, lagging was only relevant to people with huge save files and high play times.

Lack of DLC is a little disconcerting though.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Superior Member

No DLC should answer your question. PS3 Skyrim owners got shafted up the ass with a spikey Bethesda brand $#@! without lube.
    Many people could care less about the DLC, honestly while I would love to see it, it does not change the fact Skyrim is a great game that runs perfectly fine on the PS3.

To the TS honestly yes I would recommend the game, you will get 100 hours+ out of the game without any problems and a lot more if you want to do all the side quests. It's a great game, runs great, and is overall well done.

Soldier 95B
    Is it weird that I got turned on by this?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I'm still waiting for the GOTY edition, as I always do, but might just get the PC version since the required specs aren't that bad.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Dedicated Member
    NO! Go ahead and buy it on PC! I have it running on my macbook pro (I'm running Windows 7 with Bootcamp) and it works great. Mods make Skyrim way better (best mods are the ones that change little annoying things... like the one that gives your followers their own horses, or the one that makes followers invincible, or the one that makes horses invincible and lets you store your loot on them).

Seriously, Skyrim runs great on a decent PC and it only like 5gigs (without mods and dlc), so go ahead and get it on your computer. If you want to use your PS3 controller to play (that's what I do) then you need this program right here: http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    CloudStrife37
    If you have a PC capable of running it smoothly, that's your best choice. If not, the bugs won't stop you from enjoying the game. It's still spectacular.

PSN ID
    BLITZKRIEG1070
    Buy the game you wont regret it.

Elite Guru
    Vanilla game is absolutely worth playing. If the possibility of not having DLC is something that doesn't upset you, definitely go for it.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Master Guru
    Skyrim runs like butter on the PS3 for me.

Get the game. It's amazing.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    PC - best choice.
    The mods are phenomenal. I don't even have a good pc but I'll get the pc version down the road

Thread Information