Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    • Are you already able to play Xbox games on your Xbox, and have a second person control a secondary character or feature, or follow the game on the map while in game, on your phone or mobile device. Can you draw out your next play in Madden on a tablet live while in game? During Halo 4 for example, Master Chief was given additional information from scanning the side of a ship on to your device; that information updated in real-time on a real tablet nearby. A prime example:

• Are you already able to browse the web on your Xbox 360, walk away and have the same site you were visiting and reading appear realtime on your tablet/pc/smartphone? Or be browsing a page on your phone and have it appear on the Xbox automatically to finish or continue your visit to that page?
    • Are you already able to be watching a movie on your smart device, and then have it automatically pick up where you left off on your Xbox?
    • Are you able to get realtime cast information during each scene that is playing in a movie on the Xbox onto your smart device?
    • Are you already able to use a smart device on your Xbox to do gestures, use your device as the keyboard and as a full remote control?
    • And finally, what program or app enables you to do all those things on the Xbox that we don't know about?
    I do like the idea of SmartGlass, but some of the features are useless.

The first one is a gimmick and I assume only selected games will use it. It'll be cool at first but after a week or so it'll never be used again.

Browsing on consoles is crap anyway. If I'm browsing the web on my phone/other portable device, it's only to quickly check something and I wouldn't want to send the webpage to my TV. I assume your Xbox has to be on the dashboard for this to work? So you can't for example, be playing a game on your 360, check a walkthrough on the web via your tablet/phone and then send it to your TV, can you? If you can then that's pretty nifty. TBH the only time I use my phone to browse the web is when I'm either playing a game or when watching TV. With the latter I won't even have my console on.

The watching movies bit is again, pointless. Who watches a movie on their tablet if the TV is in the same room and the Xbox is on, not being used? Same with music. I don't know anyone that uses their TV for music. Most people have a dock that they just plug their device into.

Real time cast information is again a gimmick which you'll use once or twice. All it does is distract you from the film.

I don't understand what you mean by gestures. The keyboard/remote control bit sounds good but isn't that what the controller is for?

So yeah, I like the idea of SmartGlass. I like it when multiple device I own interact with each other, but most of the time it's just a gimmick. It's like Remote Play on the PS3, it has potential and I like the idea but most of the time it's utterly pointless.
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by ash91 View Post
    The watching movies bit is again, pointless. Who watches a movie on their tablet if the TV is in the same room and the Xbox is on, not being used? Same with music. I don't know anyone that uses their TV for music. Most people have a dock that they just plug their device into.
    My thought here was that, you are not using the device in the same room as your TV. I picture myself being on one of my many flights throughout the year. I am watching Avengers on my iPad on the plane. I get home, and then at some point I go watch the rest of the movie on my Xbox, BAM right where I left off.

BTW, I use my TV for music more than anything in the house. My home theater is setup that way. I stream music from computers, use Last.fm, iHeart for streaming my tunes.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    My thought here was that, you are not using the device in the same room as your TV. I picture myself being on one of my many flights throughout the year. I am watching Avengers on my iPad on the plane. I get home, and then at some point I go watch the rest of the movie on my Xbox, BAM right where I left off.

BTW, I use my TV for music more than anything in the house. My home theater is setup that way. I stream music from computers, use Last.fm, iHeart for streaming my tunes.
    Well I never really thought of doing that with movies. TBH I hate watching movies on small screens so I'd never be watching it on a tablet in the first place, but I guess people like you do and it'll be a great feature for you.
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by ash91 View Post
    Browsing on consoles is crap anyway.
    browsing on 360 is quite good actually.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    browsing on 360 is quite good actually.
    Quite good comparing to the ps3 and wii.

In a home with iPhones and iPads the 360 browser is useless.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Soldier 95B
    ^ it all depends. Look at Radgamer, he relies on a console for his web browsing.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    when can i get it and can i browse the internet like that on android (it said Win phones).....
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Meh doesn't serve a purpose for my entertainment needs....

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    when can i get it and can i browse the internet like that on android (it said Win phones).....
    Android and iOS
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Do you need XBL Gold to utilize this feature, or is it locked for Silver members? Will try it out on my S2 if I can

Super Elite
    [/COLOR]
    Smart Glass is for Android and iOS as well.
    Information well recieved there.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Elite Guru
    Good tech demo but can't honestly see much use (for me) outside of music and movies. Mostly music, though.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Looks pretty cool but like others have said, not sure if I may wind up using it much.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Superior Member
    Used it for a little while on my Lumia. Quick thoughts.

-When you connect to your 360 it only takes about 3 seconds.
    -Using the phone keyboard for text entry is so simple yet so useful.
    -Press use as remote button and next thing you know your navigating the system with the swipe of a finger. Not really useful to me.
    -It really gets useful though when you open IE. It's so good, amazing even. Swipe up, down, or to the side and your navigating web pages easily. Tap the url bar on your phone go where your mind takes you. Pinch to zoom is fluid. To me this is one of those wow features that you would want to show off to other people, cause that's what they'll say; $#@!ing wow. It will be very useful to people who would use the browser as their main, but I don't so it's regulated as a $#@!ing good show off feature.

I didn't do everything mainly because I'm tired. Maybe I'll update with a more detailed impression when my surface comes in a couple hours. Until then, maybe.

EDIT:
    I know most of you have android and ios devices, well here is the link for android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oft.smartglass
    Last edited by TrUe GaMeR; 10-26-2012 at 23:03.

Apprentice

Android app is available. Works on OS 4.x.x. My Droid 4 (ICS) and Xoom (JB) handle it fine. Had to side load/install it to the Xoom though....only showed compatible with my Droid 4.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oft.smartglass

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Quite good comparing to the ps3 and wii.

In a home with iPhones and iPads the 360 browser is useless.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    in a home (that would be mine) with several pc's, laptops, iphones, winphones, android phones, tablets and consoles. explorer on 360 works very well.

Forum Elder
    smartglass is working on my galaxy note, but i could not enter text on this forum using it.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Cant find it on the app store (iPhone) is it available in Canada?

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Cant find it on the app store (iPhone) is it available in Canada?
    It was listed as "My Xbox Live".

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It was listed as "My Xbox Live".

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk
    Ha, saw the app didn't know it was that. Thanks!!!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    in a home (that would be mine) with several pc's, laptops, iphones, winphones, android phones, tablets and consoles. explorer on 360 works very well.
    What I meant is, that you are in the sofa with your iPhones, tablets and laptops. Are you gonna stop doing what you are doing on the Xbox to use the 360 browser? Or are you gonna just fire up one of the better alternatives you have at hand?

My point was that the 360 browser is the best in the console world but hardly the best in your house.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    I take it you need a Windows phone to take full advantage of this, as I downloaded this for my iPhone and I've got to say, it's awful. All you can do is use it as a controller, a bad controller.
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

Thread Information