Latest PSU headlines:

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

All EA Games on Wii U Will Require Origin

An Origin account will be required in order to play any of EA's games on the Wii U.

The company was recently found to have updated its privacy policy to address what authentication will be required from Wii U players.

"If you sign up to play EA games through a Nintendo Wii U console, your Nintendo account information will be provided to EA so that we can establish an Origin Account for you.

In Section V.3, titled "Information Provided To EA By Third Parties Wii U", the company explains, "If you sign up to play EA games through a Nintendo Wii U console, your Nintendo account information will be provided to EA so that we can establish an Origin Account for you.

"You need an Origin Account to play EAs titles online.

"By signing up to play EAs titles, you agree that limited user account information can be transferred to EA. Information transferred to EA includes your Mii information, email address, Nintendo Network ID, friend list, country, language and date of birth but does not include credit card number or other financial account information."

This brings EA's attitude to the Wii U in line with the Xbox 360 and PS3, as owners of those consoles currently face the same rules when playing games such as Mass Effect or Dragon Age online.

What's also of interest is the reference to the "Nintendo Network ID", which is what we're expecting to replace the current friend code system that Nintendo is set to phase out.

The Wii U will launch in America on November 18 and in Europe and Australia on November 30.
    IGN

Yeah.... kind of lame you need an extra login but not the end of the world.

Nintendo Network ID sounds like a glimmer of hope though

Ultimate Veteran
    Not a big deal, I think. It's only when you're playing online.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    ISnt that what happens with BF3 on xbox and PS3?

Elite Guru
    An unnecessary step to play online games. Will be there for nothing more than to glean more data on their customers to 'improve' service.

If I get a Wii-U, I won't be buying EA games for it. That's 2 platforms so far, Origin has already resulted in me not buying their PC games.

Suspect they'll want to do something similar on the next gen consoles too, Lol.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Soldier 95B
    Origin doesn't bother me at all. Games still rock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thread Information