Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I will say this..although i am not the intended market, the vita doesn't particularly appeal to me and part of the reason why is down to my galaxy s2. I've been gaming for over 20 years and mobile gaming has come along way and slid its way into our lives.. Iremembering playing the original snake like a mothe$#@! lol..like i say, i'm not the target market but i doubt i'm the only older gentleman(ahem) who has this opinion..

Bucket Biff

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    I will say this..although i am not the intended market, the vita doesn't particularly appeal to me and part of the reason why is down to my galaxy s2. I've been gaming for over 20 years and mobile gaming has come along way and slid its way into our lives.. Iremembering playing the original snake like a mothe$#@! lol..like i say, i'm not the target market but i doubt i'm the only older gentleman(ahem) who has this opinion..

Bucket Biff
    There are always people that don't buy the system for other options. However, that certainly isn't the reason why the sales are so low.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    I don't get people who compare the Vita/PSP to phones like the Galaxy or the iPhone. The games on these phones are pathetic compared to Vita games. Yes they have improved since the days of Snake but they're still a long way off the quality of Vita games.
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by ash91 View Post
    I don't get people who compare the Vita/PSP to phones like the Galaxy or the iPhone. The games on these phones are pathetic compared to Vita games. Yes they have improved since the days of Snake but they're still a long way off the quality of Vita games.
    I think you'll find mobile games have come a very long way mate...take shadowgun..some games are upto 2gig in size and graphically beautiful and usually no more than a fiver...times that with the fact alot of mobiles can now play huge graphically rich games, i'd say its probably bitten into the vita market perhaps more than you would admit.

Bucket Biff

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by ash91 View Post
    Because they are similar. Even Apple, Sony, Microsoft and Android compare themselves and view each mobile device as competition for getting into the consumer hands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    They need a price cut on system and memory cards. That's prob one of the biggest things holding back the sales, and if they don't do it by next year and the new systems release than the vita will be buried alive sales wise.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    They need a price cut on system and memory cards. That's prob one of the biggest things holding back the sales, and if they don't do it by next year and the new systems release than the vita will be buried alive sales wise.
    More advertising would help...i've seen two adverts in the time its been on sale.

Bucket Biff

Sony released improvements of PSP 2000, 3000 and lastly GO then after a year Vita. Agree with BIO seems fast to release Vita also they should continue to produce psp games like japan did

Veteran
    Yep, while it isn't to say the mobile potential is close to dedicated handhelds, mobile capability and development has nonetheless come a long way and the level it has reached has been enough for many of your Average Joes & Janes. That's probably the biggest reason mobile is considered a direct competitor, especially when there is a larger barrier of entry for dedicated handheld gaming (especially with Vita).

Any part of the handheld market that isn't occupied by Nintendo or mobile doesn't seem all that prosperous right now. That's why I can't help but wonder if Sony should've stretched their profitable 3000/PSPgo and its downloadable library for all they were worth and develop Vita later.

Quote Originally Posted by EdoTensei View Post
    Sony released improvements of PSP 2000, 3000 and lastly GO then after a year Vita. Agree with BIO seems fast to release Vita also they should continue to produce psp games like japan did
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

I also have the PSP, 1k,2k,3k then PSP GO but I already gave my 1k,3k and Go and still kept my PSP 2k. Right now I am waiting for Ragnarok Tactics on PSP. Sony should still produce games in PSP like what they did in Japan because I think not all people have Vita.

3DS are for kids. Gamers know that Vita is way better!
    Last edited by ambersey03; 11-05-2012 at 12:14.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. - choosefireplacesandstoves reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ambersey03 View Post
    I hate to play double cut screen

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by ambersey03 View Post
    What is "way better"? Having a higher price? Having proprietary, expensive storage? Having less content to choose from?

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    What is "way better"? Having a higher price? Having proprietary, expensive storage? Having less content to choose from?
    Well Sony is PSVITA that is the bottom line it is the way top of all console games better. There's no God of War and Devil May Cry on 3DS. So I always stick on the PlayStation console. I hope they made this kind of titles on PSVITA

Ancient
    The vita ads are picking up here in the UK, 4 ads in the last hour and a bunch last night too

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Yesterday I watched a bit of telly for an hour or so (happens rarely), and surprisingly I did see a couple of PS ads.
    I think one was for AC3, one of NFS and there might have been one for FIFA too. The moto was "For Playstation" and showed both PS3 and Vita.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Ancient
    There's also the ad for declassified, ACII LIB and Most Wanted plus the AC bundle for Vita

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

COD Blackops is more good bundle

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    This just sums sony up, they make the best handheld on the planet and do NOTHING with it.........yes they are up against tablets and smart phones, but this just what sony do..........NOTHING.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Yeah... The games are slowly drizzling out for the platform and I've got some titles I want to pick up and play like LittleBigPlanet and assassins creed which I haven't got around to yet, it's got games but just needs more.
    MOAR. Which I'm sure will come in time.
    Hopefully something like Soul Sacrifice is a system seller

Via Tapatalk

It's been 8 months since PSVITA released lst February 2012 let's give it a change. 3DS has been 1 year and 7 months out so it is obvious that it has more game library.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    It's been 8 months since PSVITA released lst February 2012 let's give it a change. 3DS has been 1 year and 7 months out so it is obvious that it has more game library.
    It's been out 11 months in Japan...

So, let's get it another year....

Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    A problem I face, but not sure if it contributed to its low sales, is the restrictions of having one account on the Vita. The Middle East did not have a PSN, so on my PS3 I had made a NA and EU accounts to be able to access the PSNs, and make games purchases. But I was able to play them in my main Middle East account, which contains all my trophies, progresses, name and friends. When I got the Vita I was really disappointed for I could only use one account, and I didn't really want to use but my main Middle East account that has all my stuff but zero downloaded games.

Why couldn't they make it like the PSP? It was a bliss.
    Who I Am
    _________

Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's been out 11 months in Japan...

So, let's get it another year....
    December 2011 in Japan the exact release of Vita but the Japanese and US games are different language lol. There are more good games in Japan that haven't been localize.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    December 2011 in Japan the exact release of Vita but the Japanese and US games are different language lol. There are more good games in Japan that haven't been localize.
    Dec. 17th.

Thread Information