Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Soldier 95B
    We are still waiting for Cyn to prove Microsoft wrong. Waiting for the facts behind his claim that the PS3 lead is continuing to climb from its 6 million lead in Europe a couple years ago. This should be good. I mean I like my PS3 but even I can't float that one out there.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The only reason Sony is getting closer is because of Japan, and that's it.

3. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    PS3 is king in Europe, 360 in America and DS in Japan, lol.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    The only reason Sony is getting closer is because of Japan, and that's it.
    Sony has closed the gap because they've been delivering the best games over the past few years.

People got tired of the same old franchises being churned out on the other consoles. The PS3 has been gaming heaven for most people.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    The PS3 has been gaming heaven for most people.
    Minority cannot be "most".
    Just saying, there is roughly 11 million less people playing those western games.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-01-2012 at 05:49.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

7. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    And my conversation with Soldier 95B isn't

go figure.......
    And I'm pointing out that if its as tight as you appear to believe, why do games sell way more on 360.

Go figure.

9. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Sony has closed the gap because they've been delivering the best games over the past few years.

People got tired of the same old franchises being churned out on the other consoles. The PS3 has been gaming heaven for most people.
    The gap is close because of Japan, and that's it. Easy math. Both platforms, in this generation, have the same old franchises related to their brands. Both of introduced key IP's over the past seven years.

Gimme a list of IP's that Sony has introduced since the launch of the PS3. smh

11. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Like which areas exactly? I mean I could ask you to provide figures about so called leads elsewhere. But youd be guessing, just like I would be guessing. As I said, if you want to attirbute that entire 4 million lead to Eu or not thats up to you.
    But given in terms of global sales Eu is around 40%, then you'd have to conceed at least the majority of that is releated to the Eu.

And if you're really going to suggest that, something like Australiasia or Asia (outside of Japan) is going to significantly impact on the oh wait...Sony counts PAL terriotores as Eu.

See how pointless it is.

Domintaiton is what Sony does in Japan 8:1
    They do not "dominate" Europe. Although I'll admit if you took UK figures away they probably would.

And just FYI, I never said that they werent in the lead in EU, all I said was that that lead, has not grown in some time.
    Exactly, it's pointless. But then if you aren't arguing that Sony are not in the lead in europe, why are you talking? Of course the lead is growing. That's what happens when you outsell another console year in year out. Which they are. According to practically every report you'll find online. It might just be 5% this quarter, 10% that quarter, but that is still a growing lead.

And I said - the PS3 is dominating europe as much as the 360 is dominating the US. Never said the PS3 had Japan level domination here. Stop squirming around. Or read the thread properly before jumping in

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    We are still waiting for Cyn to prove Microsoft wrong. Waiting for the facts behind his claim that the PS3 lead is continuing to climb from its 6 million lead in Europe a couple years ago. This should be good. I mean I like my PS3 but even I can't float that one out there.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2
    You're hilarious. You are the one who made the ridiculous claim that MS are level with Sony in Europe. The onus is on you to back that up, which you quite clearly cannot. As I said to you, all you have to do is google european console sales figures and you'll find a hundred places telling you you're wrong.

Oh but, a MS big wig spouted some spiel 3 years ago, he must be right

Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    And I'm pointing out that if its as tight as you appear to believe, why do games sell way more on 360.

Go figure.
    Because the 360 has a higher attach rate and the blockbuster games sell more on 360 - common knowledge. Which isn't even what I'm talking about. Go figure

You're another one who obviously hasn't read the actual conversation here and has just jumped in.

Xbox defence force, activate! You lot probably outnumber the Sony purists now. Well, have for a long time really. It's boring, I'll be back if you can come up with these mythical numbers that don't exist. If not, have fun

Soldier 95B
    Exactly, it's pointless. But then if you aren't arguing that Sony are not in the lead in europe, why are you talking? Of course the lead is growing. That's what happens when you outsell another console year in year out. Which they are. According to practically every report you'll find online. It might just be 5% this quarter, 10% that quarter, but that is still a growing lead.

And I said - the PS3 is dominating europe as much as the 360 is dominating the US. Never said the PS3 had Japan level domination here. Stop squirming around. Or read the thread properly before jumping in

You're hilarious. You are the one who made the ridiculous claim that MS are level with Sony in Europe. The onus is on you to back that up, which you quite clearly cannot. As I said to you, all you have to do is google european console sales figures and you'll find a hundred places telling you you're wrong.

Oh but, a MS big wig spouted some spiel 3 years ago, he must be right

Because the 360 has a higher attach rate and the blockbuster games sell more on 360 - common knowledge. Which isn't even what I'm talking about. Go figure

You're another one who obviously hasn't read the actual conversation here and has just jumped in.

Xbox defence force, activate! You lot probably outnumber the Sony purists now. Well, have for a long time really. It's boring, I'll be back if you can come up with these mythical numbers that don't exist. If not, have fun
    We are still waiting. BTW, we are not a defense force for either of our consoles. We just like talking facts. We all enjoy our PS3's and Xbox 360.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Exactly, it's pointless. But then if you aren't arguing that Sony are not in the lead in europe, why are you talking?
    Why?
    Of course the lead is growing. That's what happens when you outsell another console year in year out.
    Becuase of that statement.
    In western markets, let put this as bluntly as posisble Xbox 360 has out sold the PS3 by around 3-4 million units since the PS3 launched.
    Their lead was aruond 6-7 million at launch of the PS3, in western markets it now roughly 11 million units.
    Which they are. According to practically every report you'll find online. It might just be 5% this quarter, 10% that quarter, but that is still a growing lead.
    Really? I dont think youll find any report like that, because it really hasnt been true, certianly not in 2011.
    In 2011 Sony had some terirble numbers posted in comparisim.
    Personally I think they have righted that ship this year.

Well we know thats not true as well. We've all seen the figures.

Certianly The PS3 has sold faster in Eu than the 360, no denying that, but in terms of lead, they shot past them then stagnanted quite a bit.
    And these EU numbers are low, really quite low. For games like Max Payne 3 to show up , which Rockstar were dissapointed in, just goes to show how low these numbers are.
    The silly season is about to hit, and those numbers are going to dramatically change with the launch of games people actually care about.

Read the thread properly? I think you need to go back and re-read what I initially wrote.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

15. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.

PSN ID
    Tur5k4--_FIN_
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Soon the charts will all read Black ops 2 because COD fans will flock out.
    So true

Thread Information