Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance gameplay, Japanese special editions announced

The “Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Premium Package,” available for 9,980 yen, will include:
    • A copy of the game.
    • Original soundtrack premium package edition. 2 discs inside a SteelCase.
    • Yoji Shinkawa art book.
    • 2 magnet figures.
    • Cyborg Ninja skin download code.

The “Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Premium Packaging Konami Style Special Edition,” available for 12,980 yen, includes everything included in the standard premium package, as well as a PlayArts figure of Raiden in his White Armor.

View shots of the special edition at the gallery. Watch a slew of new gameplay clips from the Zone of the Enders HD Collection-included demo version below.

via Gematsu.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-25-2012 at 22:06.

Apprentice
    Wow... I can't wait for this game. So many great games to come! In the hack'n'slash department, we got MGR Revengeance, DMC (the reboot which I'm totally excited about, although I'm a big fan of the originals!) and GOW Ascension. But MGR has something to it that I love. The "charge" sound when he absorbs the energycore he ripped out of his enemies... awesome...

Veteran
    This game is shaping up very well.

Kind of funny how easily you get to take out Gekkous compared to how formidable they were in MGS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    $#@! the lamp... i want the Playarts Raiden Collectors edition.... import import import!

http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/72056

Last edited by SomaXD; 10-27-2012 at 09:53.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I like the steelcase looks cool.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Veteran
    It looks like one video takes more action approach and the other takes more stealth approach. I will definitely take more of the stealth angle since it resembled a Metal Gear game better in that way...and it looks like you still get to have plenty of direct action during the sub-boss fights, forced set pieces, or when you have to deal with ambushing groups. The ranking system seemed like it wasn't implemented in the gameplay videos (placeholders for all of the calculations just had lines in them)...but I imagine it's gonna be related to overall undetection, how much health you earn from enemies, how many style points you can get per kill, how much damage you took, speed, or the other usual things.

I like what I see so far.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Im getting this hellyeah
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Apprentice
    Why don't we in Europe and the USA get this special version? I'd buy it! But importing from Japan? No, thanks. Too much shipping costs.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I can't get excited about this game. I swear I'm trying, lol! I'm going to grab it though. Maybe they'll have a special edition announcement for Europe and US side.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    this game looks pretty good, both gameplay and graphics-wise. but some stuff is static like shadows. well atleast encironmental ones. i guess uncharted spoils us xD overall it looks awesome though!

Veteran
    IGN has ZOE HD, which means they also have their hands on the MGR demo. The demo also reveals new cutscenes and a written backstory on how Raiden lost his left eye and arm.

New videos:

Tutorial:

Game mode:

*Disclaimer: the player is clearly not very good at the game, but he does go out of his way to show off some of the interactive possibilities and the quite varied enemy animations, such as slicing the legs that cause the cyborgs to buckle backwards into a convincing free fall.
    Last edited by Bio; 10-31-2012 at 04:14.

Apprentice
    This game is getting better and better. I'm very surprised by the cutscenes. They look amazing and are very well made.

PSN ID
    tire_slayer43

this looks AWSESOME!!!

o dear i cannot wait to get that package it looks very metal gear lol!!! anyways im neew so hi everyone!!

Thread Information