Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Turns out it was just professional cameras not allowed because they had their own to take photos and videos of the event..photos were allowed of everything except during the performance.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Supreme Veteran

**** one, but at least you got to experience something you wanted
    Last edited by claud3; 11-02-2012 at 20:48.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    So yeah, today was just brilliant...best way to describe it.

We arrived there just before 9.30, the doors opened and the Square-Enix crew greeted us with a small camera team and brought us through to the function room where they served free tea and cookies (Just like the ones from Subway *drool*). We were given about half and hour to mingle, was so strange being in a room of so many like minded people..we were all just talking about our favorite games and what we were expecting from the event. Also a little kid turned up dressed in an awesome Chocobo costume and her mum was dressed like Genesis from Crisis Core. I didn't get a picture but they tweeted one of them earlier..

http://ow.ly/i/15lU4

So after a while we were called into the main room where the instruments were set up, a very small room and less than 150 people so everyone had a perfect view. Someone from Square-Enix stood up and first we watched a brief video recorded from Japan with the head guys thanking us all for coming to celebrate the anniversary and then several of the most notable people from the company were talking about their favorite songs from the series and about the 25 years in general. After that the mini orchestra was introduced along with Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, and Arnie Roth were introduced and sat down as the performance started. The actual performance itself was actually pretty short. Only 5 songs in total.

- March of the Dreadnoughts (Final Fantasy XIII) (Performed solo on the piano).
    - Battle with Seymour (Final Fantasy X) (String Quartet, this one was int
    eresting..never heard it like this before).
    - Dark World (Final Fantasy VI) (String Quartet, PLUS joined by Uematsu himself on stage, on the keyboard).
    - Those Who Fight (Final Fantasy VII) (Piano Version, essentially the same version from Advent Children).
    - Chocobo/Samba de Chocobo medley (Piano, String Quartet, Drums, French Horn, Whistle). (Arguably the best out of the 5 songs performed, it got a good chuckle out of the audience).

So after the performance we headed back down to the function room which was now expanded to include TVs playing all the mainline Final Fantasy games right up to XIII-2, I didn't really pay that much attention though because I have all of it at home of course. They also had a lot of artwork on display printed in extremely high quality on canvas, it really looked beautiful...I wish could've bought one of them. We were then able to go over to a signing table and get some stuff signed as well as our pictures taken, I was a bit star struck to tell the truth. I only really managed to utter how much I loved his music and how much I enjoyed the performance. I don't usually like going to signing sessions because they are usually quite awkward and you are just rushed along the table to make way for the next person.

Next stop was the merchandise display, they had some nice stuff on display, although unfortunately it wasn't all for sale. I did however buy a Sephiroth figure and one of the bigger Snow figures, for some reason it was half the price of the Lightning figure.

That was about it, we hung about for another hour or so just chatting with people, there were some interesting people there including a game journalist and the actual Square staff that were there, I spent a good amount of time discussing Lightning Returns with one of them and also some of my thoughts the series like how I wanted the world map to return, he brought up VERSUS at which point I asked him if we can expect a new trailer anytime soon and he promptly became tight lipped. We also briefly discussed the VII remake, I asked him if they decided to make an original tech demo this time around because of the grief they got from the PS3 FFVII tech demo..he answered yes.

All in all it was a great day and one I won't be forgetting anytime soon, I posted photos in the spoiler below, but they were just on my phone don't do it any justice at all..especially the canvas artwork. Someone else there took the photo of me and Uematsu, but he said he would e-mail it to me...so I'll post it when I get it.

Oh, and we all got goodie bags on the way out. They contained a plushie Chocobo special for the anniversary, a pack of playing cards and a T-Shirt.

Trophy-licious!

Supreme Veteran

Lucky dude. I mean I would be wetting myself if it was a Zelda, GTA or metro to show

I would be hiding cameras everywhere to take shots and making moves to get the great views.

Well done in winning and glad you had a smashing time

Super awsome pics mate

+rep

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Just use your phone to secretly take pics.

NVM.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Here we go..

Trophy-licious!

7. Likes Kuro wishes they had posted this first.
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Dude..Awesome!!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran

Nice pic mate. Still a Lucky **** and cookies for the whole family on me

THIS LADY IS HAPPY FOR YOU
    Last edited by claud3; 11-05-2012 at 00:11.

Thread Information