Page 10 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1020 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    I Wonder if Rockstar will do a GTA V Special Edition!! im just waiting on that b4 i pre-order if there's nothing there worth having (if there is a special edition) then i wont bother ill just get the game .
    "exclusive missions" no doubt lol

smh

Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    A couple new screenshots:

Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

3. Likes Fon likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    That's true, now that size needs a lot and a lot if vehicles and lifespan and rocketry will provide
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Member
    A Made up PS3 Boxart!

6. Likes claud3, Itachi likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    It's missing a helicopter on the top-left corner.

Really though, there's not a whole lot of variety in the artwork they've released so far to create a legit boxart for GTA V.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    It's missing a helicopter on the top-left corner.

Really though, there's not a whole lot of variety in the artwork they've released so far to create a legit boxart for GTA V.

I agree, need more vehicle artwork!

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    I agree, need more vehicle artwork!
    It's just a bit repetitive. Too many shots of Michael, Franklin and Trevor.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    How much SP you guys wanna bet that the episode DLC for GTA V will be San Fierro and Las Venturas?

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    How much SP you guys wanna bet that the episode DLC for GTA V will be San Fierro and Las Venturas?
    That would just increase the amount of data being stored on the disc they would sell in the 'complete' edition. Given the scale of the game, you can bet GTA V's already close to, if not past, the 9GB limit for Xbox 360 users.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Trailer was amazing, colour me impressed!

I can't wait to just drive around the city and explore. The first time I played GTAIV it was just awesome the amount of detail around the place. This is another massive step up

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Man, all this makes me want to re-buy GTA IV. I sold it long ago before I even advanced half way through the story. It just didn't feel right.

But I'm willing to give it another go. Should I?

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Man, all this makes me want to re-buy GTA IV. I sold it long ago before I even advanced half way through the story. It just didn't feel right.

I don't think it's aged well, personally (some less than impressive textures with a sub-HD resolution), but yeah. GTA V is tied into the GTA IV era anyway so you might pick up on some stuff.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-15-2012 at 01:05.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style

Meh, if you didn't like it then, you probably won't like it now. But if you can get it for really cheap, then why not.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal

I would say yes. Give it a go again and you may like it this time (or enough to want to play it through ), the same thing happened to me. I got it on release day for 360 but didn't feel it either, and never completed it. I started playing again a few weeks ago on my PS3 and really enjoyed it this time for whatever reason. Just tonight finished the single player 100%

If you wanna burst through it you can also use cheats or just focus on the story missions. Still very enjoyable

And it's really cheap too

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome

It was a pretty good game with some really awesome character IMO. If cheap enough and you want to try it, might as well.

If you have a decent PC then you should really get it for that, the mods alone make it much more entertaining, plus with ENB mods.... game looks better than games made in 2012!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover

I got it on launch and liked it but didn't love it. The world was great and roaming around was as I said in my previous post, awesome. But the story didn't do it for me. But I ploughed through it.

Ages later when it got a trophy patch it made me think about the game again so I put it in and played the story through on a new game and enjoyed it FAR MORE than my initial playthrough. I can't explain why, but It was just more fun the second time around. Maybe because I picked up more of the details/storyline. Regardless, its a great game

19. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Member
    The 1 soundtrack i want in GTA V.

http://youtu.be/BuMBmK5uksg

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    This game feels so overdue for me. I cannot wait.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

El Presidente
    Looks fantastic. Just finished reading the Gameinformer article on GTA V and things sound interesting. Definitely going to be a game I pre-order.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX

I'm impressed with the detail on the character models, especially when you consider that they can't legally use the LA Noire face capture technology as it belongs to Team Bondi. The lighting is pretty sweet too.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

24. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    now here is one.

Since their are three playable characters, will their states be all meshed into one or will they have different states

so if you steal 45 cars with michael
    kill over 347 people
    precentage of missions completed etc...etc... etc...

will it have his states on a different screen and the other two in their screens

plus a states screen for when all three are involved in missions and general rampages...

this i think would be important... Because if you spent more time with one character, you would like your states to reflect that

Some info below on possible Multi Disc use

GTA V File Size May Need More Than Two Discs on Xbox 360 (Analysis)

Posted on 15 November 2012 by pinoytutorial
    GTA V’s second trailer has definitely brought thunder to gamers and critiques. As expected, theories have sprouted from all four corners of the gamingsphere and the most interesting ones we’ve uncovered is all about GTA V’s file sizerequiring multiple discs for Xbox 360.
    Data Mining

Before we delve deeper on the discussion, it would be interesting to data mine first all the facts we needed on settling the argument — like, the number of discs required for GTA IV and Rockstar’s two recently published titles: L.A Noire & Max Payne for Xbox 360.
    GTA IV: Needs 1 disc For Xbox 360 while 2 discs for PC (at least 16GB of storage required)
    L.A Noire: Needs 3 discs For Xbox 360 (for single player, multiplayer and cutscenes) while 2 discs for PC (at least 17GB of storage required).
    Max Payne: Needs 2 discs for Xbox 360 and 4 discs for PC (at least 35GB of storage).

(PC storage requirement based from Rockstar Support Page)
    GTA V With More than Two Discs Is Possible, If…

Using the data we have above, we can get a good scenario on how many discs will GTA V require.
    First, we’ll try to quote G.I’s cover for GTA V’s map size stating it would be bigger than GTA IV + San Andreas + Red Dead Redemption combined. Does bigger map size equates to bigger environment? Of course. But does that equate to bigger file size? Not necessarily if, Rockstar would hire script-kiddies to compress V’s textures, audio and other elements — a similar move done by Bethesda to Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
    But we should remember, Rockstar Games ain’t Bethesda.
    This is the part where we can use the data above. As you can see, it shows Rockstar don’t really like to do any compression for its games. Take a look at GTA IV eating 7GB of space for 1 DVD then it jumped to two disc for PC; while Max Payne 3 required 2 DVDs (a total of 15-16GB of space) then it jumped to a whopping 35GB of file size on PC. The only exception here is L.A Noire, which was compressed when it was ported to PC, simply because it was mainly developed by Team Bondi and, you can’t really expect PC gamers to buy six DVDs for a single game.
    Another Important Thing

GTA V’s engine is different from L.A Noire. The latter used Team Bondi’s facial capture technology that really put a toll on calculating its total storage; Meanwhile, the former is expected to use a technology similarly with GTA IV although it’s still debatable if it’ll go ala Max Payne 3 style where single-layer and multiplayer are separated on two different discs.
    Results

Based from Rockstar’s history, L.A Noire is the only published game that required 3 Disc for X360. But since GTA V won’t be using facial recognition technology, it would be safe to assume the sandbox title will require 2 DVDs at least. Then again, a possibility may arrive wherein the company will separate the cutscenes or bonus content to a third DVD.
    Interestingly, there’s also a similar discussion here wherein players are debating about V’s file size and disc requirement. But one thing is fore sure though, the game won’t require four disc for Xbox 360 simply because it would increase the cost of its production and won’t meet the $60 line for a triple-A title.

So how many discs do you think GTA V will require on Microsoft’s box? Show your interesting comment below.
    http://pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/...-360-analysis/
    Last edited by claud3; 11-15-2012 at 15:52.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post

I'm impressed with the detail on the character models, especially when you consider that they can't legally use the LA Noire face capture technology as it belongs to Team Bondi. The lighting is pretty sweet too.
    The lighting is the most noticeable characteristic of the RAGE engine, in my opinion. It's very similar to Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3.

But I'm sure most of the improvements they made with the RAGE engine at this point will be how much they can render at a stable framerate. So it's convenient that they would base the game in Los Santos and its surrounding areas since the smog (air pollution) is such a notorious feature of Los Angeles.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-15-2012 at 20:51.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    That would just increase the amount of data being stored on the disc they would sell in the 'complete' edition. Given the scale of the game, you can bet GTA V's already close to, if not past, the 9GB limit for Xbox 360 users.
    Couldn't they just distribute it digitally and make a separate edition with a disc (or 2 for xbox) ?

I'm just pipe-dreaming here, I would love to see those two cities, with new missions and side-games to be as the DLC.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    The lighting is the most noticeable characteristic of the RAGE engine, in my opinion. It's very similar to Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3.

But I'm sure most of the improvements they made with the RAGE engine at this point will be how much they can render at a stable framerate. So it's convenient that they would base the game in Los Santos and its surrounding areas since the smog (air pollution) is such a notorious feature of Los Angeles.
    RDR ran sub HD on ps3 (720p native on 360). Hope thats fixed now aswell

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Couldn't they just distribute it digitally and make a separate edition with a disc (or 2 for xbox) ?

I'm just pipe-dreaming here, I would love to see those two cities, with new missions and side-games to be as the DLC.
    Well, if they were to release it as a standalone title, like Episodes from Liberty City, then you wouldn't need to worry about multiple discs. Bottom-line is that as an open world title you don't want to swap discs going back and forth from one area to another.

I like your idea though. It's better than simply updating your weapons, clothes or vehicles.

Thread Information