Page 23 of 103 FirstFirst ... 132333 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    If E3 is the place for the reveal of the PS4 and XBOX 720, then rockstar could still reveal it for the next gen... But also having it for the current gen as well
    If I were a 3rd party developer I would want to cover all my bases to make as much revenue as possible, and that would mean releasing on as many systems as possible. I plan to get the PS4/Orbis and next Xbox, so if they just come out with it for PS3 & Xbox360 I will skip it, but if they having it for both current gen as well as next gen then I plan to get it for the next gen systems! I don't expect them to bail on current gen systems in anyway, I 100% expect the game to come out for PS3 and Xbox360, no doubt in my mind, but I am also hoping they release it on the next gen systems as well!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You'd skip GTA5 if they dont release it on next gen as well as current? You so crazy, if it wasnt for a few other titles it would be my most wanted 2013 game.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    If I were a 3rd party developer I would want to cover all my bases to make as much revenue as possible, and that would mean releasing on as many systems as possible. I plan to get the PS4/Orbis and next Xbox, so if they just come out with it for PS3 & Xbox360 I will skip it, but if they having it for both current gen as well as next gen then I plan to get it for the next gen systems! I don't expect them to bail on current gen systems in anyway, I 100% expect the game to come out for PS3 and Xbox360, no doubt in my mind, but I am also hoping they release it on the next gen systems as well!

it has that gta presence for current and next gen systems.... The design of the game is a trick and it would with the current graphics enhanced, it would work on next gen no problem.

So the RAGE ENGINE is a current gen ENGINE and with a few more tweaks, it could be transformed into next gen ENGINE

so the possibility is their and the revenue is their as well...

Last edited by claud3; 01-31-2013 at 18:03.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    Call me crazy but I would have preferred October, since it would be closer to the series' original known release window.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

5. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Well it would be for SONY/MS if gta v on the next gen consoles offered better graphics or even better performance than the current console version.
    I get that, but I don't know the cost for R* to change everything from GTA:V from current-gen to next-gen. Then they would have only a fraction of the sales possibility for quite some time. And even if it was financially reasonable to create two different versions of the game I don't know if there would be that big of a change between the two, which if not could hurt the image of next-gen right at release.

Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    What a bold decision R* September isnt sping!! :/ just so you be clear on that for crying out loud!! i pre-orderd my copy early last year december time tbh with you, now its not out until 8months whats a load of crap like!! i was thinking march if anything!!

Whats the reason for the delays? why September? why say Spring?

So no Gamplay trailers until june/july then!!! or if anything just more bloody screens!

this is the last time im gonna be getting in to hype with this game, im sick of waiting an annoyed with all the delays come the next GTA im not gonna even think about it cause whenever i see it out ill get it that way instead of sticking to Rockstar's gut every 3/4 years.
    Don't blame R* for moving the date. Blame the pressure on them from fans to set a date when they weren't in the position to accurately do so.

7. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Even if next gen consoles are out, I bet you gta 5 will be a much better as a game than what ever games come out for the first two years of of those consoles.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Call me crazy but I would have preferred October, since it would be closer to the series' original known release window.
    man i agree, OCT is always the best time to release the GTA games, besides GTA IV

it is a normal release month because we are use to it
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    I will add this to the OP:

Dear all,

Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.

To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience.

Yours,
    The GTA Team
    via Rockstar Newswire.

Ultimate Veteran
    Also, interesting that they said the delay lasts about four months. That would put the original release around April/May, which would have been no different than GTA IV.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    I do usually hate games getting delayed. But if this means a better game... Then why not?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Also, interesting that they said the delay lasts about four months. That would put the original release around April/May, which would have been no different than GTA IV.
    I guess some of us assumed it would be released around the same month or after the GTA IV release... But it still is a perfect time to release it in Sept, because we will have a polished game and it will carry us through the rest of the year

plus gives them even more time to work on the M-PLAYER and the first set of updates,

not dlc's, but updates for any future bugs

Ultimate Veteran
    Yeah, I'm not mad. I have my open-world action-adventure fix with Sleeping Dogs right now so I can wait. Besides, the scale of GTA V seems huge so it only makes sense that they would put more time into its development.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    you see that makes perfect sense for them to take their time over the game. The size of the world has to fit the Michael, Trevor and Franklin individual settings and surrounding area's... Plus the people that live within them area's

The landscape is so freaking big, Rome wasn't built in a day
    Last edited by claud3; 01-31-2013 at 20:00.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Gives me more time to actually raise some money.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Finally a release date looks like ill be spending a lot of money on games this holiday season!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Aw..was hoping for May :/

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

19. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Elite Member
    Some of you just so funny lol.......

Just because Rockstar moved its release date to september, you automatically think GTA V is for Next-Gen consoles!!! well if you would read it properly its says for PS3 & Xbox 360 :/ many would say this due to the fact E3 is up an coming in june/july! causing the story to mix in with the Next-Gen consoles.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well sept it is and so get over it you cry babies JK

But as i said, more info and screens and that all important 3rd trailer and Boxart all to still come out. The Boxart will be later than we thought

So in Feb it will be out and so that leaves some more info, screens and trailer 3 to make up for the delay... So i see new screens tomorrow, not many of the screen shots. But enough to make us more excited

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Some of you just so funny lol.......

Just because Rockstar moved its release date to september, you automatically think GTA V is for Next-Gen consoles!!! well if you would read it properly its says for PS3 & Xbox 360 :/ many would say this due to the fact E3 is up an coming in june/july! causing the story to mix in with the Next-Gen consoles.
    Well you have to figure if for some reason they do release it for next gen consoles as well that R* isn't going to say that the game is releasing for the next gen consoles before Sony and Microsoft have had a chance to officially announce them, it is also possible if they did something like that it would break the NDA and get them in big trouble, so I am holding out until E3, if we don't hear anything at E3 then more than likely it won't happen.

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't think they're making the jump to next-gen with GTA V. Even if the PS4 were to release by the end of the year, you'd still see support for current-gen platforms.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I don't think they're making the jump to next-gen with GTA V. Even if the PS4 were to release by the end of the year, you'd still see support for current-gen platforms.
    I could see them doing it if it was fairly simple port, I don't see them dropping support for current gen consoles either for the next several years (that would be a horrible move if they did), but if it a simple port with a few added bells and whistles for the next gen I could see them doing it. If they do, I don't see them pushing the next gen system anywhere near what they are capable of, just like you saw with Call Of Duty 2 when the Xbox360 came out, nothing spectacular, but better than the current gen at the time!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I could see them doing it if it was fairly simple port, I don't see them dropping support for current gen consoles either for the next several years (that would be a horrible move if they did), but if it a simple port with a few added bells and whistles for the next gen I could see them doing it. If they do, I don't see them pushing the next gen system anywhere near what they are capable of, just like you saw with Call Of Duty 2 when the Xbox360 came out, nothing spectacular, but better than the current gen at the time!
    I guess I just don't see how it would benefit them if they did, considering they have a huge install base with the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I guess we all have to wait and see how Rockstar handle this, i bet you that they have been thinking the next gen while working with the game on the current gen

The end result is, that if Rockstar do chose to go current and next gen. They have covered their backs in terms of if it fails then we lost or if it is a winner, then we have cashed in right

They have been in the office looking at how they have to either go that path of both gens or stick with the one... Take-Two have finally say on this, because they will lose big time on this if it all goes tits up

So us worrying about if or when and why not... Because they have covered it and most likely still talking about it
    Last edited by claud3; 01-31-2013 at 23:09.

Elite Member
    Gamer goes Crazy over GTA V Delay!! LMFAO!!

http://youtu.be/Ax4APrQmWzE

El Presidente
    I'm a little upset because I thought I would be playing this in the spring but I'm ok with it. No sense rushing what I know will be a more polished game given more time right?

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Thread Information