Page 24 of 103 FirstFirst ... 142434 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Gamer goes Crazy over GTA V Delay!! LMFAO!!

I don't even....

Wow.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I guess I just don't see how it would benefit them if they did, considering they have a huge install base with the PS3 and Xbox 360.
    Because there are going to be people who buy into the next gen systems that won't look back on current gen games, so if they come out with it only for the current gen systems they will be losing the sales from the people who are buying the next gen systems with only next gen games. Once I get the new systems, I doubt I will buy many more PS3 games, the same way I did when I went from PS2 to PS3. If it is an easy port and they can make it have more eye candy on the new systems without much work it would be dumb of them not to do it.

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller

http://youtu.be/Ax4APrQmWzE
    I get that this guy does these to make fun of the people who actually act like that, but I've never found it anything but annoying. Kudos to him though for being able to find an audience for it.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah that guy is putting on a show. He does multiple characters. Also, the date change kinda makes me sad, but at the same time, works out for me because I can afford to spend money on games then. And the 17th is a day before my Birthday, so..thanks Rockstar!

Maybe you can give me the game for free as b-day present? Wishful thinking.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Oh man I didn't see this delay coming!

Seriously though, if they genuinely do spend the extra time into polishing the game, then I don't mind playing it on the PS4. To many games to play before GTA anyway.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

PSN ID
    matt1y77
    I think this is very worrying for ordinary gamers, If the PS4 (as many websites are suggesting) will be out in time for Christmas and GTA v is not due out now until September whats the bets that rockstar decide to bring it out for ps4 only? After many years of waiting for the new GTA to arrive are the loyal fans of the series going to have to fork out for a new console just to play the next game? I totally understand that they want to bring the very best game to the market that they can, and I know I may be way off, but if there is a brand new machine about to come out just as GTA V launches, Rockstar would be daft to ignore it and publish the game on "old" technology.
    Last edited by sharky742; 02-01-2013 at 12:49.

PSN ID
    matt1y77
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I don't even....

Wow.
    @ Nitey....that is sooooo funny what a stupid arse that guy is, nobody likes a delay in video games, but wow that guy needs a Valium!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky742 View Post
    I think this is very worrying for ordinary gamers, If the PS4 (as many websites are suggesting) will be out in time for Christmas and GTA v is not due out now until September whats the bets that rockstar decide to bring it out for ps4 only? After many years of waiting for the new GTA to arrive are the loyal fans of the series going to have to fork out for a new console just to play the next game? I totally understand that they want to bring the very best game to the market that they can, and I know I may be way off, but if there is a brand new machine about to come out just as GTA V launches, Rockstar would be daft to ignore it and publish the game on "old" technology.
    I would not worry about that. They will simply downport for the 140million install base. They most likely delayed not to alienate the consumers who will want next gen.

If they were to release in March and people bought it in droves only to have a better offering in September/December when next gen consoles drop, it might piss off the early adopters. Waiting it out and offer to both gen systems is a win win for rock*

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Elite Member
    What does it for me is that, R* launched 3 titles for PS2 during those days but now so far they have launched just 1 game on PS3 & 360 with 2 DLC's! but its still 1 game so far :/ i think this Gen consoles will barley see 3 on it tbh now looks like everyone is on about it being for nextgen consoles aswell but why would they jump this far? its labeled for PS3 & 360 so what your saying is GTA V might be on this gen & next gen consoles!! which i highly doubt, there's no story linking between the 2 so why say it? its out on Sept 17th an thats that nothing more.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    What does it for me is that, R* launched 3 titles for PS2 during those days but now so far they have launched just 1 game on PS3 & 360 with 2 DLC's! but its still 1 game so far :/ i think this Gen consoles will barley see 3 on it tbh now looks like everyone is on about it being for nextgen consoles aswell but why would they jump this far? its labeled for PS3 & 360 so what your saying is GTA V might be on this gen & next gen consoles!! which i highly doubt, there's no story linking between the 2 so why say it? its out on Sept 17th an thats that nothing more.
    Huh? 1 game? Surely you mean 1 GTA right? Because Red Dead Redemption and L.A Noire (team bondi) says hello. Plus you are now looking at GTA V and MAYBE vaporware Agent

Next Gen top picks:

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    You also have to remember current gen games take a lot more developer time because of the graphics and details in the game, not to mention that size of the maps they must create, etc. Look at the map sizes of the different GTA games and you will see why it takes so much longer:

http://kotaku.com/5959038/get-an-ide...to-v-really-is

xlarge.jpg

Also l like snooper71 said, they also had L.A. Noire and Red Dead Redemption come out which take up resources as well!
    Last edited by MonkeyClaw; 02-01-2013 at 15:54.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Huh? 1 game? Surely you mean 1 GTA right? Because Red Dead Redemption and L.A Noire (team bondi) says hello. Plus you are now looking at GTA V and MAYBE vaporware Agent
    Yes 1 GTA i meant what did you think i ment? lol this a GTA thread! so it means im talking about GTA lol :P

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Yes 1 GTA i meant what did you think i ment? lol this a GTA thread! so it means im talking about GTA lol :P
    Yes but you did say rock* games

Next Gen top picks:

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style

http://youtu.be/Ax4APrQmWzE
    I never seen a guy in need of a tummy tuck act so $#@!ing tough...

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Yes but you did say rock* games
    lol ok, but still.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The post-poned release date is a big disappointment. September is like the worst month to release a game at least for me as I will begin with school and will have no time to play games...

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Can not wait for more screen shots to make up for the delay
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage

I saw this coming six months before they finally declared it. Nothing new folks.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    I saw this coming six months before they finally declared it. Nothing new folks.
    Why didn't you tell us then?!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    This is interesting... How the Xbox 720 and PS4 Lunch May Relate To GTA V's Release

"Grand Theft Auto V" has been delayed until Sept. 17th, but with that news also stems some doubt as to what that means for the next-generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony, which are expected to hit stores within the next year.

According to a report from IGN yesterday, Rockstar has delayed the highly anticipated title, "Grand Theft Auto V," until September.

"To all 'Grand Theft Auto' fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be.

"We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience," Rockstar said.

So having read that news, what does this mean for the next-generation of consoles? Does it mean nothing? Perhaps it presents some alternative thinking as to whether or not the systems will hit stores this year?
    The Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 have long been rumored to hit retailers this coming holiday season, with spring 2014 being the latest one would debut.

Not a lot of titles have been announced for release during next fall for a reason though, but the fact that Rockstar has shown the guts to push "GTA V" back until September indicates a lack of fear of what's behind it.
    From the developers' side of things, they would say as long as they are in front of the releases of Sony and Microsoft's systems, then they are fine.

But with that being said, there is going to be an enormous amount of attention being directed toward the systems when they have been announced and are gearing up for launch.

Look at all that is being said about them, before the consoles have even been announced.
    The systems that are coming will indeed require a sizable investment on the part of gamers, as well as the titles they get for it. Having said that, why would "GTA V" get pushed closer to when those systems may launch?
    A direct answer is the company knows there will not be any next-generation consoles to debut during the end of 2013, which would shock everyone who is involved with this industry.

The systems have been rumored so repeatedly to debut this coming holiday season, and expectations are so high for that happening, that it would be unbelievable if those systems do not hit retailers in November or December.
    But there have been several delays and reports suggesting that no system will hit retailers this year. If those are true, then perhaps Rockstar has played their cards right with "GTA V."

There are not any major titles on the docket for September, except "GTA V" of course, so what's wrong with having the spotlight all the themselves?

So does the fact that Rockstar has pushed their game back into September mean there will not be next-generation systems from Microsoft and Sony this fall? Is that possible?
    http://www.examiner.com/article/how-...ate-to-gta-v-s

could it or could it be a current gen only
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    This is interesting... How the Xbox 720 and PS4 Lunch May Relate To GTA V's Release

http://www.examiner.com/article/how-...ate-to-gta-v-s

could it or could it be a current gen only
    If that happens I could see everyone grabbing their torches and pitchforks and heading to Sony & Microsofts HQ!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    it is all hitting the fan big time over the theories and whats the truth on why they delayed the game and the possibility of a Next gen release

Have a read at this

Rockstar Games has, unsurprisingly, dismissed the various conspiracy theories on GTA 5 delay as they stated that they simply “want the game to be as good as it needs to be”.It’s official, GTA will head towards September release this year instead of Spring and the news has created a bit of frustration among the Grand Theft Auto fans.

There are also some who spat out conspiracy theories on the whole situation. Here is an official reply from the firm addressing the issues as they also take their time explaining the reason for GTA 5 delay:

Hey all, we understand many of you guys are disappointed with this news – unfortunately sometimes such delays are necessary in all forms of entertainment, and especially in the case of a game experience as massive and complex as GTA V. However this does not give you free reign to be abusive in comments.

The general rules of common courtesy, decency and behavior as listed above the Comment Box still apply here, therefore anyone continuing to post abusive comments will have their privileges suspended.

Also:

To those of you saying or seeing various conspiracy theories about there being some other ulterior motive for this delay, rest assured that they’re all nonsense – literally the only reason we’ve delayed the release is because we want the game to be as good as it needs to be.
    For those of you asking about the official box art, that will be coming out a bit later as well.
    Thank you all for understanding.
    http://societyandreligion.com/rockst...-theories,2163

this is down right sad, that Rockstar has had to come out and dismiss all these conspiracy theories

Elite Member
    The Game is already built!!! god :/ get the next-gen console talk out of the room! the game is for this gen. they just polishing it up an fixing other things. why would they release it for next-gen consoles an lose hell of alot of money when not many would buy a console on launch day with this game it doesnt add up! the date is set an the consoles are PS3 & 360. unless its for both this an next-gen consoles!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    The Game is already built!!! god :/ get the next-gen console talk out of the room! the game is for this gen. they just polishing it up an fixing other things. why would they release it for next-gen consoles an lose hell of alot of money when not many would buy a console on launch day with this game it doesnt add up! the date is set an the consoles are PS3 & 360. unless its for both this an next-gen consoles!
    We know it is for this gen, and we know it is definitely coming out of PS3 and Xbox360, but they could easily port it to the newer consoles as well and have it for both current and next gen systems, that was the rumors and speculation going around, that it would be for both gens.

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    The post-poned release date is a big disappointment. September is like the worst month to release a game at least for me as I will begin with school and will have no time to play games...
    You said a month ago that the second quarter release sucked.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-01-2013 at 20:20.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Thread Information