Page 25 of 103 FirstFirst ... 152535 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    We know it is for this gen, and we know it is definitely coming out of PS3 and Xbox360, but they could easily port it to the newer consoles as well and have it for both current and next gen systems, that was the rumors and speculation going around, that it would be for both gens.
    That means you know what Sony and Microsoft are using for hardware then? Easily port it over is a pretty loose term.

If anyone thinks this game will not come out for the ps3 or 360, then you are a fool. You think Rockstar would ignore such a large install base? Do you guys have any idea how much money they have invested in this game? They have been working on it for years, and the last thing they will do is launch the game on brand new hardware with an install base of a few million people. Use some common sense people.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    That means you know what Sony and Microsoft are using for hardware then? Easily port it over is a pretty loose term.

If anyone thinks this game will not come out for the ps3 or 360, then you are a fool. You think Rockstar would ignore such a large install base? Do you guys have any idea how much money they have invested in this game? They have been working on it for years, and the last thing they will do is launch the game on brand new hardware with an install base of a few million people. Use some common sense people.
    That is what I was trying to explain, it would be financial suicide if they didn't release for current gen systems. I don't know what the true hardware will be, but so far from all the rumors it is much easier to develop for and be based standard hardware, which if it is actually more like a PC then it would be pretty simple for them to port the PC version of the game over to the next gen systems.

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So since the exclusive word is running the mill again and do you think a up front payment for Rockstar and Take-Two, too drop the game on either MS or SONY's next-gen console only.

Would it come down to power or as always money

I see this as a possibility for either MS or SONY actually putting up massive amount of money for a next-gen version of GTA V to appear on their console

Being the Adovcat here... This is a possibility
    Last edited by claud3; 02-01-2013 at 20:40.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSN ID
    xabis_9
    I have heard that and i am very sad

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    So since the exclusive word is running the mill again and do you think a up front payment for Rockstar and Take-Two, too drop the game on either MS or SONY's next-gen console only.

Would it come down to power or as always money

I see this as a possibility for either MS or SONY actually putting up massive amount of money for a next-gen version of GTA V to appear on their console

Being the Adovcat here... This is a possibility
    If that happened alot of people would be pissed. I see plenty of backlash from taking such a large franchise that people love and making it exclusive to one console. That would eliminate a chunk of profit too. I hope for our sake, the consumers that they don't limit how we can get our hands on the game.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

6. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Elite Member
    The new release date sucks, but if it means a better game then it's okay in my book.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    You said a month ago that the second quarter release sucked.
    I never said that. The first and secound quarter of the year are the best release time windows, at least to me.

Elite Member
    I want the Boxart! new screens & trailer 3 & 4 now, R* get a move on.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I never said that. The first and secound quarter of the year are the best release time windows, at least to me.
    Secound quarter sucks.
    It's only the best now because of the delay. Lol.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    It's only the best now because of the delay. Lol.
    You should have quoted entirely and not only the extract. I said that quarter 2 release date sucks cause I thought its gonna release earlier and not because I didnt like the time frame.

Ultimate Veteran
    You should have quoted entirely and not only the extract. I said that quarter 2 release date sucks cause I thought its gonna release earlier and not because I didnt like the time frame.
    No, I get it. You wanted a March release because it would have been close to or on your birthday as opposed to a release in April or May. You can certainly accept a second quarter release but I'm not expecting you to like it since you said it sucked. I just found it a little funny that we have to wait longer now.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Yeah you understand correctly now.

Now that the release date has been pushed even further, its more likely that GTA may appear on next-gen consoles.

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't think Rockstar would want their consumers to fork over 400-600 dollars just to play a game they've been waiting this long to release on current-gen platforms. We don't know for sure that it'd be a simple port either.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-02-2013 at 18:57.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    If that happened alot of people would be pissed. I see plenty of backlash from taking such a large franchise that people love and making it exclusive to one console. That would eliminate a chunk of profit too. I hope for our sake, the consumers that they don't limit how we can get our hands on the game.
    I agree, but this is again a possibility and Take-Two could survive the backlash or break under it

This needs to be known in advance, so we are not shocked... But again it will eat into the profit something shocking
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    Well, if Rockstar says there's no ulterior motive (e.g. next-gen release), I see no reason not to believe them.

Elite Member

Ultimate Veteran
    That reminds me. I noticed the other day that whoever runs GTA Forums changed their banner for the GTA V forum to the following:

I thought it was hilarious.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well, if Rockstar says there's no ulterior motive (e.g. next-gen release), I see no reason not to believe them.
    i believe them too mate, it's the fact that the mill is turning and the rumors are out there and people are believing them

We know that they will not go next gen with GTA V... They will leave that to GTA VI

That reminds me. I noticed the other day that whoever runs GTA Forums changed their banner for the GTA V forum to the following:

I thought it was hilarious.
    That is down right LMAO right there... Went and seen it and man it is so cool
    Last edited by claud3; 02-02-2013 at 20:55.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era

Ake two ceo comments on gta v's dual generation release

AKE TWO CEO COMMENTS ON GTA V'S DUAL GENERATION RELEASE

Randy Lo Gudice (Editor-in-Chief)

In an investor's call regarding the company's third quarter results, CEO of Take Two Interactive Strauss Zelnick discussed the future of the company in large terms as well some burning

questions as to the future of GTA V. One popular notion as of recent, has been the possibility ofTake Two releasing two versions of the game, compatible on either current gen systems or next gen. Though his statements weren't by any

means concrete, as to not take away the spotlight from Microsoft and Sony, who should be allowed to unveil their next machines, he did have an opinion on whether fans would wait for a second "optimized" version of the game, after it's
    initial release.

“There is not one gamer who is going to sit out of GTA V hoping that something that is going to come along down the road that’s better.”
    — Strauss Zelnick CEO Take Two Interactive

"There is not one gamer who is going to sit out of GTA V hoping that something that is going to come along down the road that's better. It's going to blow everyone away, and it's going to be in the market in September," he said, when questioned whether there might be a "dual-generation launch" for the game due to the proximity of its release date to Sony and Microsoft's presumed Fall console launches."

Link: http://1985fm.com/news/2013/2/5/take...ration-release

Rumors had begun to circulate after last week's news that GTA V, which was pegged for a March 2013 release, would officially release in September 2013. No stranger to pushing back GTA games, Take Two's decision has raised

eyebrows on how the new release date would go, coinciding the launch of the new systems from Microsoft and Sony. While dual-gen games are by no means unheard of, the GTA franchise has tremendous power to shape the industry and the lack of a GTA on the new consoles at release could affect sales numbers for the new systems.

Below is more on what's what in terms of the NEXT- GEN GTA future titles

CEO teases Take-Two's next-generation plans, including GTA

February 5, 2013 | By Christian Nutt

"We really can't talk about next-gen, because we're not the ones who can talk about it first," Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said, while speaking to investors and reporters on the company's third quarter results call.

That didn't stop him from dropping hints.Take-Two's Next-Gen Plans?

More than once in the call, he teased what he called an "extensive pipeline of unannounced titles." While it's obvious that these won't all be for next-generation consoles, Zelnick did say that "we're planning as well as we can, and we think we're extremely well positioned."

"Our creative teams have a burning desire to bring consumers what they want when they want it," Zelnick said.

According to Zelnick, his company is positioned to successfully make the generational transition because it has what he calls the "four requirements" -- "strong owned intellectual property, strong creative teams in-house, strong technology, and a strong balance sheet."Budgets Won't Go Up

Zelnick did say that the company doesn't "have any reason to believe our dev budgets will change significantly" in the transition to next gen. "We don't expect to see a meaningful change in what it costs us to release these top quality products," Zelnick said.

This starkly contrasts with comments from Epic's Tim Sweeney, who expects next-gen budgets to double.Next-Gen GTA?

One thing we might not see so quickly, though, is the rumored next-generation version of Grand Theft Auto V, if Zelnick's words are anything to go by.

"There is not one gamer who is going to sit out of GTA V hoping that something that is going to come along down the road that's better. It's going to blow everyone away, and it's going to be in the market in September," he said, when questioned whether there might be a "dual-generation launch" for the game due to the proximity of its release date to Sony and Microsoft's presumed Fall console launches.
    http://gamasutra.com/view/news/18609...p#.URHhzh1EHz5

So in terms of info, we can take from this

That they will or are working on the next-generation GTA title in story form only and actually Next-Gen footage or image will not be for awhile
    Last edited by claud3; 02-06-2013 at 09:03.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I can't imagine them releasing dlc in 2014 and expect people to stop playing the ps4/720 just to download some last gen dlc.

22. Likes MjW likes this post
    El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I can't imagine them releasing dlc in 2014 and expect people to stop playing the ps4/720 just to download some last gen dlc.
    Why not? If it is good content people will want to play it. I know I will. Just plug in the old console.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Why not? If it is good content people will want to play it. I know I will. Just plug in the old console.
    I don't have any definite proof or anything but I just can't see the hardcore crowd that purchase a next gen console in its first year going back to play last gen dlc when there are games being released for the ps4/720 at the same time. The dlc not being a main title will likely lead to people just moving on as to how gta4's dlc was treated when it first released. It didn't sell too well at first.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    The First DLC for GTA V will be around November time, so they can keep it fresh and active and yes with the world so big and a $#@! load to do...

They will want a add-on before the end of the year and it most likely be a stand alone DLC for one of the three characters aka FRANKLIN first and then TREVOR in 2014 and finish of with MICHAEL in 2014 as well

Just to fill in any caps of WHO THEY ARE and how they became to be together

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I don't have any definite proof or anything but I just can't see the hardcore crowd that purchase a next gen console in its first year going back to play last gen dlc when there are games being released for the ps4/720 at the same time. The dlc not being a main title will likely lead to people just moving on as to how gta4's dlc was treated when it first released. It didn't sell too well at first.
    But there's going to be way more copies of GTAV than new consoles. There will be plenty of gamers who don't have a new system yet for the dlc
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Here is a podcast called GTA 5 O'CLOCK

Here is a link to all the GTA 5 O'CLOCK podcasts

Link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=ELz7vvZRzM0Fc

It covers everything GTA V, all we know so far and this one i am posting here. Cover Next-gen and P.C version

Thread Information