Latest PSU headlines:

Page 26 of 103 FirstFirst ... 162636 ... LastLast
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    After playing Sleeping Dogs I realized how mediocre is the content of GTAs end -game (after story completion). Hopefully that will change in GTA V, after completing the story in any GTA I felt absolutely bored with the game and saw no interest nor need in doing other available stuff and so just quit the game. In sleeping dogs I invested more time in end-game then in story completion unlike in GTA. Hopefully GTA V will have major end-game improvements.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 02-07-2013 at 11:47.

Supreme Veteran

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You really never looked deeper into any GTA game then, from the GTA III ERA- GTA IV ERA

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    After playing Sleeping Dogs I realized how mediocre is the content of GTAs end -game (after story completion). Hopefully that will change in GTA V, after completing the story in any GTA I felt absolutely bored with the game and saw no interest nor need in doing other available stuff and so just quit the game. In sleeping dogs I invested more time in end-game then in story completion unlike in GTA. Hopefully GTA V will have major end-game improvements.
    You are missing the point of open world games, then. You have the freedom to do anything. Not just the objectives.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    You are missing the point of open world games, then. You have the freedom to do anything. Not just the objectives.
    The freedom you are talking about gets boring after 2 hours. Also there are no rewards in the game to earn after the story completion, apart from the spawning weapons which you can buy in the store...

Supreme Veteran

so you lied when you actually enjoyed the GTA games and you really not looking forward to GTA V then

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    so you lied when you actually enjoyed the GTA games and you really not looking forward to GTA V then
    No I didnt, I indeed really enjoyed playing GTAs but when I would finish the story and just play a lil bit more after that I would quit it soon after story completion and play something else but completing the story in any GTA was always an enjoyable experience. I still look forward to GTA V as it might possibly have improved end-game.

Supreme Veteran

then what is the problem... I will be back later tonight and explain what makes the GTA universe world amazing and not boring...

in my own way and how i see it

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Claud you are pathetic, I described my problem in the previous post.

Will also see how the thing with 3 characters works out cause I dont really like the idea as I always liked concentrating on a single protagonist and on his story, however 3 characters may also be something good, its something I will never find out until i play the game i guess.

Supreme Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Claud you are pathetic, I described my problem in the previous post.

Will also see how the thing with 3 characters works out cause I dont really like the idea as I always liked concentrating on a single protagonist and on his story, however 3 characters may also be something good, its something I will never find out until i play the game i guess.
    why do you have to attack me at every turn and others

just posting... I am not attacking you at all

then i will explain later why 3 characters are a benefit and not a curse

Ultimate Veteran
    You don't need to explain anything. He said he would decide after playing the game which is perfectly fine.

11. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran

Ok cool, just thought i would just give my take on the series and why 3 characters would benefit the game

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Looking at GTA V you can instantly tell its gonna be bigger, better and MUCH more improved over IV. This is just from two early trailers and screenshots.

The map they picked is near perfect too, allows for better gameplay, one of the reason why SA was so loved. Hopes its bigger and has more variety than we see though, like ii want the mountain areas and desert areas to be HUGE :P

Supreme Veteran

well that's true, but since it is one whole city and with out and insides parts of the city. It means all is there

With the original era gta3, vice city, san andreas. Really never explored the whole cities they had to offer, take GTA III LIBERTY CITY

It never had CARCER CITY or STATUE OF HAPPINESS or the full versions of NEW YORK city and the same went for VICE CITY and SAN ANDREAS

All the cities were just not fully used in the games
    Last edited by claud3; 02-08-2013 at 20:34.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    well that's true, but since it is one whole city and with out and insides parts of the city. It means all is there

With the original era gta3, vice city, san andreas. Really never explored the whole cities they had to offer, take GTA III LIBERTY CITY

It never had CARSON CITY or STATUE OF HAPPINESS or the full versions of NEW YORK city and the same went for VICE CITY and SAN ANDREAS

Yea that is the only....worry i guess.

I mean they have said its gonna be big anyway ( not sure if i should beleive them :P) so should be good enough. The sceenshots show a nice large amount of desert and even forestry ( when franklin (?) jumps with the jeep form the car, the desert looks very good in terms of size and the first trailer with the view of mount chiliad)

16. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran

It never had CARSON CITY or STATUE OF HAPPINESS or the full versions of NEW YORK city and the same went for VICE CITY and SAN ANDREAS

*Carcer City.

I really want to see a lot of interiors. I think when they were talking about the map being extremely huge that they meant everything within the game world, not just what was outside.

Supreme Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Yea that is the only....worry i guess.

I mean they have said its gonna be big anyway ( not sure if i should beleive them :P) so should be good enough. The sceenshots show a nice large amount of desert and even forestry ( when franklin (?) jumps with the jeep form the car, the desert looks very good in terms of size and the first trailer with the view of mount chiliad)
    their is always a white lie or two in their somewhere, when it comes to the scale of the world we play in

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    *Carcer City.

I really want to see a lot of interiors. I think when they were talking about the map being extremely huge that they meant everything within the game world, not just what was outside.
    Sorry mate, i still spell that wrong

They did say that interiors are one reason why the world is so big...

So from that, i can say that they have far more than GTA IV and then some
    Last edited by claud3; 02-08-2013 at 20:35.

Supreme Veteran

New Screens From R* AND THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL

Superior Member
    Cheers mate, now I need to go and change!!

PSN ID
    W_W_Heisenberg
    amazing screens cant wait

Supreme Veteran

You are welcome, i am interested in the weather one and the underwater one too...

They are insanely amazing

Super Elite
    Are these PC shots?

Supreme Veteran

Nope, they are the PS3/360 shots.... No word of a P.C yet,

Forum Sage

The PC version (if made) will look better because of the eventual mods that will grace it, not necessarily because of RockStar.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    After all the PS4 stuff we've been subjected to lately, I wish this was next gen lol. I am getting it day one on PS3 regardless, but yeah. Gonna be amazing and I can't wait to see all the side things that we can do.

Supreme Veteran

The screens as i see them...

Screen 1: This a great shot of the weather that will be in the game, and i am assuming that this will make exploring underwater hard to do and searching for mission items dropped in the water will not be easy... Also this will make ITEMS move around a lot and also the waves are really cool how they react to the weather... This was never the case in GTA IV, Also this will make it hard to use boats in missions or general driving.... The lighting is far more realistic and it seems as you can see, it seems to actually hit the ground.... Will this be close to, we will know once we play the game

Screen 2: In this screen it is dawn or dusk not really sure, but anyways it shows the down town area and if you notice that the under constructed building is right next to the ISS building aka C.I.A and the FIBS building... It also shows that the cycle of day and night is captured pretty well

Screen 3: Is as you can see a shot of the much talked underwater you can explore, i can say that it is either MICHAEL or TREVOR in the diving suit and the reason why is that the hands are white. And this could be a mission or just exploring the area for SECRETS... Either way we have actually seen underwater and it looks beautiful from that screen

Screen 4: Is either a mission or a side mission that is jumping from a plane and landing on a certain marker below... Now the character is white and i can prove this, his hands are white and therefore it is MICHAEL or TREVOR and i am going with TREVOR and the reason is that he is much more slimmer than MICHAEL, and he is wearing a hamlet and i am guessing this is the clothes selection in action...

Screen 5: This is an action pact screen and the reason why is the GOD DAMN MINIGUN, now the gun is smaller than any we have ever seen in the GTA series and the reason why is real simple
    " REALISM "... And now it does not make it any less powerful. Now the reason FRANKLIN is using it is unclear, so i am putting a few theories across on this

1. FRANKLIN is doing a mission and it has went tits up or well

2. FRANKLIN is doing a RAMPAGE like old times and is causing loads of damage

3. FRANKLIN is just going nuts and R* are showing us the range of weapons in the game

Back to the screen: Now if you look closely at the bottom of the screen to your right, you well see a dead cop and i am assuming that FRANKLIN is trying to get away some how or is on a RAMPAGE and he must blow up cars and the cops have arrived to stop him

Screen 6: Now this screen is directly in game and yes all shots are from in game... But this one stands out for a reason and that is the graphics are slightly different, in the sense that they are not sharp and the hills and grass are not fully loaded to the scenery.. I know it sounds crazy and you might argue that it is a fast scene and the area just has not loaded right and you might be right. Just thought i i would point this out first

Now in this shot i am saying that it is FRANKLIN in the car and he has just took it for his repo business or it is two of them getting away from the cops or one of them just getting away.... And if you look close there is a cop sitting with the door open and ready to shoot

Screen 7: Is simply put together as a shot from many angles from the trailers and screens released over the last lot of months, i can assume that this is just the way R* what to show of the vast scenery and the scoop off distant in the game. I really can not add anymore to this screen what so ever and it is better that way, just enjoy the beauty of it

Screen 8: Is TREVOR escaping from i am assuming a local gang of some sort... And if you notice that the guy on the car is blackened out and the reason for that is real simple, R* do not want to show of the gangs yet and in the distant their is another car with two guys hanging on the side and they will more likely take over, when the lead car blows up or the guy is killed...

Screen 9: Now it is just a sports car and just lighting effect on the back of it and it is on one off many highways in the game... This could be part of the talked about your phone being more than friendly used, Can you take pictures and edited them or is their a replay option in the game... I am going to say it is either or them, but the phone being more than what it was in GTA IV and just taking pictures... Could we be able to record video and upload it to the social club or in game to a fakebook

Screen 10: Is the most interesting one of all the screens released and the reason why is real simple, the pose that MICHAEL is in and yes FRANKLIN posed in a screen and here it is and you can clearly see that he is posing for the shot... And so is MICHAEL as well, all we need now is TREVOR and the set is complete.

Now this screen speaks volumes and the reason why is that he is POSING and for what reason other that it is set up by R* for show or is their more too this SCREEN, is he posing for use on the in game internet for their version of FACEBOOK, TWITTER ect ....

Or is he selling a tough mans image for recruiting members for bank jobs... Or is he posing for either FRANKLIN or TREVOR to take the shot and send it to a gang BOSS upon a successful mission in stealing from the set BOSS, and another thing can we pose like this or other ways anytime during the game and up against anything, or is it for certain missions only... We will have to wait and see

Last edited by claud3; 03-27-2013 at 22:18.

Thread Information