Page 43 of 103 FirstFirst ... 334353 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2571
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse61 View Post
    does anybody know if we can replay missions?
    Yes it will be in your phone as an option
    Last edited by claud3; 07-13-2013 at 12:24.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

2. Likes CrazyHorse61 likes this post
    Master Guru

Nearly 2 months to go....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Wasn't aware of that.
    That's cool!

thanks for that, awesome !!!
    PSN ID NapoleonSolo61

6. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    Wasn't aware of that.
    That's cool!
    It's carried over from GTA IV and it makes sense
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    It's carried over from GTA IV and it makes sense
    That was only in ballad of gay tony and the lostc and the damned

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    That was only in ballad of gay tony and the lostc and the damned

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Nope it was in GTA IV before the DLC's were released, it was an option in the PHONE

Elite Member
    GTA's Gamplay Video has 14,553,068 view's & counting!!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    The only thing im looking forward to next school year...goodbye good grades goodbye lara and maria goodbye social life but gta beats them all!

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Nope it was in GTA IV before the DLC's were released, it was an option in the PHONE
    You could only replay your previous mission. In TBoGT you could replay every main mission.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

This is a game that just can't go wrong.

14. Likes hoverbike likes this post
    Master Guru

Seriously pumped for this game. Can't wait to hear what Rockstar have planned for multiplayer too. Free roaming on that map is going to be AMAZING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Elite Member
    ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ Fans Are Obsessed With A Shed'

In the upper left-hand corner is the object of two days of gamer obsession.

We all saw the gameplay video posted by Rockstar on Tuesday. And it was full of things! Aircraft! Protagonist switching! A control scheme that finally looks like it doesn’t suck wildly! But what’s captured the attention of the Internet is the fact that on top of the giant mountain we saw, there is a shed. And people desperately want to know what’s in that shed.

Theories range widely, from the sensible thought that it’s used to store parachutes or perhaps the motor for a tram to the top of the mountain to a few theories about Easter Eggs, some a bit more fanciful than others, and one of which we pray is true.

Of course, the Grand Theft Auto franchise is no stranger to hidden goodies and offbeat details, like one currently getting the standees pulled from Wal-Mart. Grand Theft Auto IV hid a creepy beating heart in the Statue of Liberty, for example. But it says something about the energy this franchise commands that people are freaking out over a wooden structure.

That said, seriously, Rockstar: JETPACK. GIVE US A JETPACK. Also a Rocketeer skin, so we don’t have to wait for the PC version, and then for a modder to do it. Give it a hover mode and allow us to use the sniper rifle with it, and you’ve got hours of entertainment right there.

17. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    ^that's what GTA is good at doing lol.

Elite Member
    Grand Theft Auto 5: Rockstar reveals more information on GTA V's animals
    Exclusive information comes from Famitsu.

The surprising source for this round's latest batch of GTA V information is longtime Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu.

We had extensive coverage for Franklin's pet dog, Chop. Now, Famitsu confirms you will be able to replace Chop's (or any other pet dog's) accessories, such as their collar. You will also want to keep your eyes out for them, though, because you can lose your pet dog. Wild animals will also be in the game, and you can choose to hunt them. Famitsu says there will be more than 15 animals, although it's unclear if they're referring only to wild animals or to all the animals for the entire game.

Outside of this, each character will have a particular walk, adding to the realism, and overall animations for these will be improved. As earlier revealed in some character art, there will be an underwater mission. Trevor and Michael will get to go to this mission together, in jet skis.

FInally, Famitsu confirms GTA V's Japanese release date of October 10, 2013, for both the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360.

The more details are revealed, the more sim like GTA V seems. It also seems like Rockstar is going for a strong international push, given all this exclusive information shared with Famitsu. Grand Theft Auto appears to be one of those evergreen franchises, but Rockstar still has to face the Japanese gamer's stiff resistance with Western games. The Last Of Us itself recently saw very strong sales in the country at launch, only for it to dip in succeeding weeks.

New info (google translate):
    -Each character has a walk of their own
    -animations are better
    -You can change the dog (accessories, collar)
    -dog may be lost
    -for wild animals can be hunted
    -Animals will be more than 15
    -the game will be a full-fledged underwater mission
    -you can go for a drive together (Trevor with michael) on jet skis
    Last edited by nextgen3; 07-15-2013 at 17:23.

20. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    This is just getting better and better

Elite Member
    GTA V won't let you play as every character from the start

Rockstar has said that players won’t have immediate access to all three of Grand Theft Auto V’s playable characters from the get-go.

President of Rockstar North Leslie Benzies told Jeuxactu.com (via a translation provided by Google) that offering up the trio on a plate from the start of the game would prove detrimental to the core experience.

However, by introducing each one over a period of time, it allows players to “explore the world of each of them.”

"Much of the game relies on the three characters and the way in which the lifestyle and actions of one affect the other two," explained Benzies. "We think of the three characters from the start but we thought that it would hurt the gameplay and the story. We want to give the player the opportunity to know the three characters individually and explore the world of each of them, and it would not have been possible if the three had been available from the start."

While you won’t have access to all three anti-heroes from the start, GTA V’s massive game world is ripe for the picking, with players able to explore every inch of it from the beginning. Michael, Trevor and Franklin can also meet up between missions.

"You can meet each character if you know where they are," added Imran Sarwar, GTA V’s lead designer. "For example, if Michael leaves after a mission and you play Trevor, you can go to meet him. You can also force things, if you wish, from one character to another and make them meet. They can then become friends and spend time together. We thought to make the characters appear on the map to be able to follow the day to day in the city, but we chose to focus our efforts on the system of interchangeable characters."

23. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    So simply put, you have to work for your meals then

Elite Member
    I can understand why all 3 aint playable from the start!! you haven't even met them yet lol you meet them along the way like when Michael was on the bench when franklin came up asked him for directions in a trailer!! I think we will start with Michael.

26. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    I can understand why all 3 aint playable from the start!! you haven't even met them yet lol you meet them along the way like when Michael was on the bench when franklin came up asked him for directions in a trailer!! I think we will start with Michael.
    I totally agree... Michael is the main man and i see him the main focus throughout the entire game

Elite Member
    A Woman Can Be a "Rockstar" Too

I have a bone to pick with Rockstar.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of the Grand Theft Auto series, and Red Dead Redemption is one of my favorite games of all time, but I am still not happy with the company. Despite producing fantastic experiences within the past decade, there is one thing that bothers me most about the games that they have made: none of their major franchises features a single female protagonist. Sure, there was a game published by the company in 2001 called Oni, but other than that, there has been no substantial account of a woman as a lead in twelve years.

I'm sure that anyone reading this could imagine my disappointment when Rockstar announced in November of last year that there would be not only one, but three male protagonists in Grand Theft Auto V. The GTA series has been under fire for countless years by the media and gamers alike for their treatment of women. Rockstar completely missed one great opportunity to fix their somewhat challenged view of women in their games with a chance to diversify the series. Simply casting a woman in place of one of the three men would have been not only pretty badass, but also a step in the right direction for femininity in games, in which the industry so desperately needs right now.

I know it is not entirely Rockstar's fault. Generally, when met with a choice to play as a male or female in a game, men will pick a man. Why wouldn't they? Playing as a man in a game portrays an extent of their identity. When I am given a choice, I always play as a woman. Why? Because I want to be able to relate to my character on a personal level. I love having that choice, considering I am constantly forced into playing as a typical male character in most other situations (see: majority of main characters in games within the past twenty years).

Rockstar just wants the majority of its fanbase to feel comfortable in their character's skin. With the massive rise of female gamers recently, I'm a bit confused as to why the developer wants to isolate a large portion of its newfound audience. If players are given a choice, is it really a detriment to the story as a whole? Mass Effect seemed to pull that off just fine. So why is it that GTAV, which seemingly makes character transitions easy and quick, make it so that none of these characters are women?

A quick Google search has shown me some particularly unflattering comments about women in games as a whole, which is expected. When I searched specifically for female protagonists in Grand Theft Auto, I came across comments such as this:

"Not cool enough?"

Offensive remarks aside, how cool does one character have to be to fight, cheat, steal, and kill their way to the top of the underground? If it is a "coolness" issue that needs to be addressed, then i would most certainly assume that this user does not know the likes of some of the most badass women in history. Anne Bonny. Annie Oakley. Belle Starr. All of these women are fantastic examples of how "cool" a female with certain choice skillsets can be. Why can't there be a modern day virtual equivalent? Take Julie D'Aubigny, for example. Julie, also known as La Maupin, was a bisexual opera singer and master swordsman during 17th century France. This girl was dangerously fierce and most definitely worth a Wikipedia read. You could make a game about any of these women, and it would still be just as rad as the new Grand Theft Auto.

No big deal… just illegally dueling a man to the death. Carry on.

I find it fairly upsetting, as a woman who was born and raised on video games, that I have such a minimal amount of representation in the medium that I am so passionate about. A missed opportunity means a lot when it comes to the future of women in this industry. Will we ever see any female take on the Grand Theft Auto series? To be blunt, probably not. Keep in mind that I am still excited to buy and play GTAV come September… I'm just hoping that the phone girl makes a surprise appearance as the fourth playable character, bikini or not.

http://www.ign.com/blogs/deejaykfm_i...rockstar-too-2
    Last edited by nextgen3; 07-16-2013 at 18:21.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Ok, that was an interesting read

A woman main character is a nice idea... But we will have to wait and see if Rockstar go down that route in a FUTURE GTA GAME

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    I totally get you. But I think it just wouldnt be right after all these gta games. I mean imagine a sexy, slim blonde lady just walking around with a RPG in her hands just shootin randomly at the police. Imagine the same lady having a fight with a tall, strong man...

I think its good that we dont get to play as women in gta, because if we did, that would just make the women look bad. It wouldnt be realistic at all...

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by MW2-LgNd View Post
    I totally get you. But I think it just wouldnt be right after all these gta games. I mean imagine a sexy, slim blonde lady just walking around with a RPG in her hands just shootin randomly at the police. Imagine the same lady having a fight with a tall, strong man...

I think its good that we dont get to play as women in gta, because if we did, that would just make the women look bad. It wouldnt be realistic at all...
    That being a male is realistic? There are female criminals you know. It doesn't have to be GTA either, just a new Rockstar game.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

32. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    I never said it was realistic as it is...but it will be less realistic with a woman unless she is a woman born and raised in a Russian prison and cheated death 7 times before the story started. Obviously, im exaggerating, but you should get the point...

Thread Information