Page 49 of 103 FirstFirst ... 394959 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2571
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
    I really hope they release a next-gen version! If they make a PC version, porting it to PS4 and XB1 would be easy, as they use X86. Still not sure if it's going to happen :/
    I don't see the point of cross-gen if everyone is just interested in the next-gen version. The PS3 version looks great. And I'm sure we'll see a PC version. They're just waiting to announce it like they did with GTA IV.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

PSN ID
    i hope it is better than before

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    The next gen versions, will be out after the p.c version next year. Makes perfect sense after there fiscial year meeting and seeing how current gen sales are.

they would be stupid to miss out on the chance to max sales on but gen consoles..

But focus on current gen first and waiting say 8 months before a next gen release. The p.c version will be around feb and then 2 months later, in april i am guessing a next gen version
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    The only difference between GTA V on PS3 and PS4 IMO will be something small and that's the graphics, but really I don't think they'll pull out all the stops until GTA 6 I could be wrong though.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    The only difference between GTA V on PS3 and PS4 IMO will be something small and that's the graphics, but really I don't think they'll pull out all the stops until GTA 6 I could be wrong though.
    But by that time, it would have had a run on next gen consoles and this would be a somewhat beta test for them really

To see how a gta handles next gen and what and how far they can push the game and eventually the series
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    I just want their debut next-gen title to take advantage of using a new engine for new platforms. Just because it's easy to port something doesn't mean you'll get anything that actually breaks new ground. GTA IV was developed with next-gen (at the time) in mind, which is why it utilized the Euphoria physics engine, showcased better graphics than its predecessors, featured more cinematic cutscenes etc. GTA VI, Red Dead 3, Midnight Club 5 and hopefully Bully 2 are those true next-gen titles.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Doubt Midnight Club 5 if I'm not mistaken think 4 was the last one as many people were very pissed about that so was I.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I do see them going in the direction they have done with every new gta game and that is debut it on a next gen console...

They did it with GTA 3 and that started the 3D era and GTA IV started the HD era and that will continue with GTA V on the PS3/360 and then GTA 6 on PS4/X-ONE

it makes sense that way... But for now an easy port is an easy option... To actually get the feel for developing for a new system aka P4/X-ONE

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Next trailer i am hoping for:

I am going to say that it is the MULTI-PLAYER news everyone wants to know and of course not every single detail on the MP...

But they did say in the GAMEPLAY TRAILER, that they would explain more on the MP soon and i am guessing this might be it

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Here is a lol video on the reaction of old people

over the gameplay trailer

11. Likes hoverbike likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Well I watched the gameplay trailer and what can I say, this will likely be one of the best games ever made. I've been waiting for this game for years and years now and the release is within sight. GTA IV doesn't look like a total slam dunk to me but I've never played it either, but I can tell I would tire of it faster than some of the PS2 era GTAs. This appears to be the real deal, the GTA game we've been dreaming of for so long. Its just impossible to wrap my head around it all. Watched it about 25 times so far.

I happened to watch for the gameplay first video back in early July on the main forums for GTA and it turns out that just 1 or 2 days after I stopped it then came out, figures. I thought I'd wait til August for any new info. That is why I just found out about the gameplay. I'm not sure if my mind was blown by it but I can imagine this being a mind-blowing game for sure like it should be. Its the most anticipated game for me personally since Burnout Revenge and since I stopped gaming for the most part between then and 2011. This will be the game that makes me get my PS3 out for the first time. It will be a day 1 and you won't be seeing me around for a long time. The only other game that would be something noteworthy to me is Watch Dogs which also looks to be insane but only has the potential to be slightly less than what GTA5 should be...which is still incredible and would still take GOTY if GTA5 wasn't there.

I loved the beginning of the gameplay trailer, that music was awesome and reminded me of the Terminator 2 theme. About the gameplay shown, I'm a little swayed that it was a voice-over type that didn't show an extended scene of gameplay but many clips of careful gameplay. In reality I actually don't think they showed that much in that video even though it appears a ton was crammed in there. There is so much I have no idea on or what it would be like such as crash physics, fire behavior (not on cars), different weapon types, weather effects, walking/running modes, and countless cause and effect situations. I just felt it didn't give me a great sense as to what was possible. I think some are happy with that as it won't spoil too much which is a huge fear in the GTA community with these gameplay videos (they can't resist watching them). I have no idea how I'm going to get up off the couch when I put the GTAV disc in the PS3 for the first time, I'm going to be beyond a couch potato and likely have a 10 hour+ straight session.

Some more about my thoughts on gameplay: I'm loving the lightning environment and textures so far because its this bright vibrant world that is similar to the last GTA, Driv3r, and others. A part of why I love Driv3r is because of how warm the colours are and bright the game is. When I play GTA SA, its too dark and cartoony and most of all...orange!! Back to GTA5, most of the time the graphics are wonderful and realistic but there is the odd occasion things look less than I wanted but I notice the same object can then look good at a different time or angle. I'm a tad concerned about the HUD, I could probably get used to the map box that is now a rectangle but those bars at the bottom and no icons or info on the top right corner is an issue...I wanted that. Hopefully you can toggle that on or something. There is a new area at the bottom right for switching character and probably additional info. I think this 3 character switch-out will be somewhat revolutionary for both GTA and gaming as non-RPGs hasn't really gone into this type of style yet. I can only imagine how fun this could be. I'd like to know more about how the voyeurism part works, how do you control the camera and whatnot. Then, what happens if you die? You then have two characters to work with? I was also confused with the muzzle flash animation during that clip (N64 style) and some of the glass breaking looked low-res. Hope they are fixed. On the heist based part where they are in an industrial area, when that tow-truck hit the box truck, that looked poor. I hope its just because the box truck was a lot heavier than the tow-stuck but still it didn't look convincing. Driv3r had better crashes and its been a long-term problem with Rockstar having a lack of amazing damage physics and paneling on the vehicles. I've always wished for it and it would be a huge disappointment if its still not here...why? Speaking of Driv3r, they copied the map flashing blue and red when being chased by police off that game and others in that series. The key to making this game last as long as possible and to maximize that feeling that you can do anything is to allow as much interaction with the environment as possible and other people. The less predictable the better. Destructible environment and random events is the place to start and I pray this game is full of it. GTA Online looks insane. Not only do I hope its better than Final Fantasy 7 for myself, but I also think it would be good for this to become the best selling game of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Here is a lol video on the reaction of old people

over the gameplay trailer
    What a funny video, that was damn funny! So many lines from these guys just made me lose it. "Is this a video?", "Wow, that was amazing!" <-- I agree actually, "Go blow $#@! up!"

13. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by hoverbike View Post
    Well I watched the gameplay trailer and what can I say, this will likely be one of the best games ever made. I've been waiting for this game for years and years now and the release is within sight. GTA IV doesn't look like a total slam dunk to me but I've never played it either, but I can tell I would tire of it faster than some of the PS2 era GTAs. This appears to be the real deal, the GTA game we've been dreaming of for so long. Its just impossible to wrap my head around it all. Watched it about 25 times so far.

I happened to watch for the gameplay first video back in early July on the main forums for GTA and it turns out that just 1 or 2 days after I stopped it then came out, figures. I thought I'd wait til August for any new info. That is why I just found out about the gameplay. I'm not sure if my mind was blown by it but I can imagine this being a mind-blowing game for sure like it should be. Its the most anticipated game for me personally since Burnout Revenge and since I stopped gaming for the most part between then and 2011. This will be the game that makes me get my PS3 out for the first time. It will be a day 1 and you won't be seeing me around for a long time. The only other game that would be something noteworthy to me is Watch Dogs which also looks to be insane but only has the potential to be slightly less than what GTA5 should be...which is still incredible and would still take GOTY if GTA5 wasn't there.

I loved the beginning of the gameplay trailer, that music was awesome and reminded me of the Terminator 2 theme. About the gameplay shown, I'm a little swayed that it was a voice-over type that didn't show an extended scene of gameplay but many clips of careful gameplay. In reality I actually don't think they showed that much in that video even though it appears a ton was crammed in there. There is so much I have no idea on or what it would be like such as crash physics, fire behavior (not on cars), different weapon types, weather effects, walking/running modes, and countless cause and effect situations. I just felt it didn't give me a great sense as to what was possible. I think some are happy with that as it won't spoil too much which is a huge fear in the GTA community with these gameplay videos (they can't resist watching them). I have no idea how I'm going to get up off the couch when I put the GTAV disc in the PS3 for the first time, I'm going to be beyond a couch potato and likely have a 10 hour+ straight session.

Some more about my thoughts on gameplay: I'm loving the lightning environment and textures so far because its this bright vibrant world that is similar to the last GTA, Driv3r, and others. A part of why I love Driv3r is because of how warm the colours are and bright the game is. When I play GTA SA, its too dark and cartoony and most of all...orange!! Back to GTA5, most of the time the graphics are wonderful and realistic but there is the odd occasion things look less than I wanted but I notice the same object can then look good at a different time or angle. I'm a tad concerned about the HUD, I could probably get used to the map box that is now a rectangle but those bars at the bottom and no icons or info on the top right corner is an issue...I wanted that. Hopefully you can toggle that on or something. There is a new area at the bottom right for switching character and probably additional info. I think this 3 character switch-out will be somewhat revolutionary for both GTA and gaming as non-RPGs hasn't really gone into this type of style yet. I can only imagine how fun this could be. I'd like to know more about how the voyeurism part works, how do you control the camera and whatnot. Then, what happens if you die? You then have two characters to work with? I was also confused with the muzzle flash animation during that clip (N64 style) and some of the glass breaking looked low-res. Hope they are fixed. On the heist based part where they are in an industrial area, when that tow-truck hit the box truck, that looked poor. I hope its just because the box truck was a lot heavier than the tow-stuck but still it didn't look convincing. Driv3r had better crashes and its been a long-term problem with Rockstar having a lack of amazing damage physics and paneling on the vehicles. I've always wished for it and it would be a huge disappointment if its still not here...why? Speaking of Driv3r, they copied the map flashing blue and red when being chased by police off that game and others in that series. The key to making this game last as long as possible and to maximize that feeling that you can do anything is to allow as much interaction with the environment as possible and other people. The less predictable the better. Destructible environment and random events is the place to start and I pray this game is full of it. GTA Online looks insane. Not only do I hope its better than Final Fantasy 7 for myself, but I also think it would be good for this to become the best selling game of all time.

What a funny video, that was damn funny! So many lines from these guys just made me lose it. "Is this a video?", "Wow, that was amazing!" <-- I agree actually, "Go blow $#@! up!"
    Thanks friend...

Excellent view on the Gameplay trailer, me i have watched every two days and will i guess not stop until the game comes out and R* have a unique ability to pick music so perfectly

That it is almost like they are a record company and the producer and owner knows what will be a massive hit and it seems every song they produce

R* also knows just how to put a gameplay trailer together and just spoil us a wee bit without actually fully spoiling us

Also they show us the most normal things like a shed up a mountain and every fans goes nuts over it and they start thinking what does that shed actually mean and why did R* show us it

When R* just did nothing special in showing off that shed and now that shed has and still is the talk on the web right up until the release of the game

Now when the game comes out, fans will hike it up that mammoth mountain just to see what the hell is in that shed and all sorts will be flooded online over it

It is just down right amazing how R* have never lost the touch to amaze and create

a week before the game comes out, i'm staying away from the internet, don't want any spoilers.
    PSN ID NapoleonSolo61

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Some new info and old info

I will put the new in Quotes and the old in Spoilers, for anyone that have missed out on info of any kind

New info, small info

New Details:

1. Franklin missions will be Wars Gangs and racing.
    2. The heists are not part of the core gameplay story.
    3. There will be DLC to buy, but Rockstar did not say when.
    4. For the first time in the series there is Bus routes.
    5. All “powers” from the characters will be activated with the button L3/LS.
    6. Now the photos you take in the game can be uploaded to the Social Club.
    7. According to the team of Rockstar, the look of Franklin was the only one who changed the most since the beginning of the game development.
    8. Rockstar Tip 1: If you r planning to steal a plane, go with Trevor, he is the best pilot.
    9. Rockstar Tip 2: Want an escape from the crazy city? Go to Franklin, he is the best driver.

Old info

http://www.behindgames.com/gta-v-new...lian-magazine/

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    The game just seems... ridiculously huge; like, life-consumingly huge. It's so bloody close as well, literally cannot wait. The hype is well and truly building.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

18. Likes hoverbike likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    it sure will be and i am banking on it friend... I can not wait to expose my anti-social closed of worldness behaviour

20. Likes hoverbike, Shockwave likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    When R* just did nothing special in showing off that shed and now that shed has and still is the talk on the web right up until the release of the game

Now when the game comes out, fans will hike it up that mammoth mountain just to see what the hell is in that shed and all sorts will be flooded online over it

It is just down right amazing how R* have never lost the touch to amaze and create
    Out of all the things to be obsessed about I find it strange that the shed is one of the most talked about things, I haven't seen thought about it once. I think I hear a lot more about GTA Online even though its not something I'm too involved in. I really want this to be the first game that I buy right when everyone else is first playing it and not 7 years later like almost all other games, its going to be different for sure. There will be less spoilers and secretes shown as well adding to the "anything can be done or happen" feeling.

4. For the first time in the series there is Bus routes.
    I wonder in what way. GTA VC and maybe SA had that but it was hard to follow. Maybe routes where you can hop in and get a ride (not just take control).

I also can't wait to see how Vigilante is like, my favorite side-mission. Hopefully tons of chaos and complexity involved.

Here is a challenge I thought up for September 17, get a hardcore GTA fan who is buying GTAV the day it comes out and the challenge is when they first start playing the game for the first time, have him/her only play it for 30 minutes and then they can't play it the whole rest of the day. I bet its impossible! It'd be funny if someone well known in the GTA world who for sure is a hardcore fan does this.

22. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    It is amazing that one thing can change an entire game in a second... A shed can invoke a massive theory bashing among friends... It is this ability that makes this series so unique and untouched, it makes a series worthy of waiting for

They did say there would be Bus routs and you could see workers from the slums of Los santos coming up to the rich parts via bus and see them working on rich gardens...

R* has this ability to just know the right things and they have not missed a beat since the days of GTA 1 when DMA were in control and so on....

A simple thing can grow into something special and it has always been that with R* and not with just the GTA series

V.C had the bus route for a $2 per person and you took them only a few feet and that was that

Were in GTA V, you took tours off Rich Parts off Los Santos

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    1. The heists are not part of the core gameplay story
    GOOD. I kept hearing rumors that this was gonna be just all heist missions. That would get boring fast. GTA is known for variety, not repetition.

And the other rumor I heard is that it will only have 55 story missions, less than GTA IV. I hope it has at least 100, given how big the game is.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    GOOD. I kept hearing rumors that this was gonna be just all heist missions. That would get boring fast. GTA is known for variety, not repetition.

And the other rumor I heard is that it will only have 55 story missions, less than GTA IV. I hope it has at least 100, given how big the game is.
    I agree with the first part, I didn't think so to begin with. The 2nd part, that rumor better be BS because I'm hoping for 200 missions...Rockstar has been on this 5 years so I want something insanely long. That can include both very tiny and big missions (the ones in SA at the start felt very short and simple). I felt the story missions didn't use everything that SA offered and that had close to 100. If they can put out SA in less than 2 years I'm sure they could do something like that with the amount of time and resources they had.

The game just seems... ridiculously huge; like, life-consumingly huge. It's so bloody close as well, literally cannot wait. The hype is well and truly building.
    Yep, just in the past three days my hype is soaring and I'm thinking about it much more. I'm trying to remember something this big that I had anticipated other than the PS3 which I didn't buy right away. This is one of those extremely rare times when I'm glad time is flying by at a blinding rate, that is one good thing. Every week feels shorter than the last and 37 days will feel like nothing compared to the ugly wait we have just endured for this.

26. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Since we are mer weeks away from release... It is fitting to ask the question

What and how will you play the game

Me i am going to explore like cray with Michael first and then when i get to play as trevor

I am sticking with him for a very long time, because i love unhinged men and it is a bound i have been seeking for years since CLAUDE from GTA III

i will be finding out what the hell is in that shed Lmao...And just hunting and doing the random stranger missions

It will be a long time before i do the main missions, Because i will be earning my first $10 million from exploring a lone and finding the secrets and easter eggs that will be most certainly in there.

Also just taking in the world around me and shoping and moding weapons and vehicles. I will be making sure i stick with trevor throughout my exploring...

i will be playing as michael and frakling when i decide to do the main missions... But until that time comes, trevor all the way for me and i can not wait

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    I won't use cheats. For the first time in a GTA game. Granted I barely played GTA IV, didn't really enjoy it - so the last one I actually used cheats in was San Andreas, and I was only 14 at the time. I think I'll explore for an hour or two, take in that vast scope. Then I'll tackle the missions. Judging by the character trailers I think it's Michael who I'll enjoy most.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    no cheats for me until i beat the game 100%. Because it makes no sense to do it before and ruin the experince off a new GTA game

30. Likes hoverbike likes this post
    PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    That's true, although it is fun to have all weapons and whatever at your disposal and just go nuts for a little while. Might have an alternative file to do just that with a separate, proper one to do all the legitimate stuff with.

32. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I agree... But then again i would spend less time on that cheat file and more time on my honest file and enjoy the thrill of getting bullets to the body and trying to survive LOL

Thread Information