Latest Online Trailer:
via Rockstar Newswire.Dear all,
Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience.
The GTA Team
- Three main characters. Michael, Trevor and Franklin.
- You can switch between the three at nearly any given moment.
- When you switch between the characters the camera pulls away to a Google Earth style map and then it zooms back in to where ever your chosen character is.
- When you are not controlling a character they go about their daily business. When you regain control you may find yourself in a tricky or unexpected situation.
- Each character has a unique personality, motivation and skill set.
- Michael is the older, smartly dressed man. He used to be a successful bank robber, he made a deal with the FBI and now lives a life of luxury. Has two teenage children (Tracy & Jimmy) and he hates his wife Amanda. Money is running out, he needs to get back in the game.
- Franklin is the youngest of the three, he's in his mid 20's. He works as a repo man for a luxury car dealership who sells cars to people who can't afford them. He's the most capable of the three and meets Michael when looking for a hustle. He's a bit of a red neck.
- Trevor is a long time friend of Michael but his life is a contrast to Michael's. Trevor is a war veteran and used to fly planes in the military. He is described as having a maniacal personality.
- And I quote "GTA V is bigger than RDR, GTA IV and San Andreas combined" The biggest world ever created by Rockstar.
- The game includes the following areas and more. The bustling city of Los Santos, leafy suburbs, wine country, wilderness, a fully explorable Mt Chilliad, Salton Sea region, a military base.
- Trevor lives in Blaine County, a baron and run down desert region on the edge of society which is populated with biker gangs and meth heads.
- "Bring your scuba equipment, you can explore Los Santos' coastline".
- More ways of getting around than ever. Confirmed - BMX, mountain bikes, road bikes, dirt bikes, a huge variety of cars and trucks, helicopters, planes, ATVs, jet skis.
- You won't need to wait until the end game to fly. Utilise Trevor's experience as a pilot but you'll need to find a plane first.
- To pass the time you can try your hand at tennis, yoga, triathlons, jet skiing, base jumping and golf on a full size course.
- Characters react differently depending on their surroundings. Greetings and language used varies from region to region.
- Ammu-Nation is back!
- Driving: Dan Houser says he felt the cars felt a little 'boat like' in GTA IV. Much improved this time, they hold to the ground better. He says the mechanic feels more akin to a racing game and that it's going to "scratch that itch".
- Shooting: Dan Houser says that the shooting has evolved. "Not just in terms of how it works, but also how you play the game."
- Melee Combat: Dan Houser says it's the best ever. "How far we will push it depends. It's never going to be as important as shooting, but we want it to feel really fun and strong."
- Game Informer watched Rockstar's play tester pour a trial of gas/petrol away from a car, drop a Zippo onto it to create a traveling flame and a spectacular explosion.
- Heists are a big theme in the game, as seen in the trailer. Complex missions akin to GTA IV's bank mission are in the game.
- The musical score reacts to the action.
- Cinematic tricks learned from Max Payne 3 will be utilised.
- In one mission you can decide to switch between the characters, be the getaway pilot as Trevor, ride shotgun as Franklin or take up Michael's position in the back of the helicopter and use an assault rifle.
Latest screenshots (click spoiler to view):
Results 1 to 25 of 2571
GTA V News Thread - The Official Trailer
Last edited by Itachi; 08-29-2013 at 21:50.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)