Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation

Official DUST 514 Community Competition entries [CLOSED]

PSU has teamed up with CCP to launch a competition aimed at everyone who is currently playing the DUST 514 beta.

Please read the competition page before entering. This can be found here - http://www.psu.com/a017407/CCP-and-P...ty-competition

Please read the rules set our below before replying to this thread.

All entries must include:

DUST 514 character name
    Entry type: Either BEST DUST 514 MOMENT, DUST 514 FAN ART, OR DUST 514 MEME

Note - you can enter submissions for all three sections, but only one entry per section.

The competition closes on November 14, 2012.

How to qualify:
    1) Have all-access pass to the DUST 514 beta in order to be eligible and have an active DUST character
    2) User must not be banned in the past on the DUST 514 beta forums

Causes of being disqualified:
    1) Any inappropriate content submitted as entry will automatically disqualify you (spam, language, images or links)
    2) Wrong contest application (screenshot sent as story etc)
    3) Entry is not authentic or was previously submitted somewhere or by someone else but the entrant
    4) More than one submission per each section
    5) Not including a DUST 514 character name in the entry

When applying for “Great DUST moment” story contest:
    1) Must not exceed 154 words in the story
    2) Must be game related
    3) Story must be in English

When applying for fan art contest:
    1) Art must be your own, authentic and unpublished work
    2) It must be game related
    3) Any technique is allowed as long as you used your artistic skills (and hands)

When applying for meme contest:
    1) Meme must be in English
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-14-2012 at 19:15.

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Competition is now live. Please click link in previous post for details.

PSN ID
    SuperRoni
    Timothy Reaper
    BEST DUST 514 MOMENT

Build: E3
    A sniper's job can be a lonely one. But you must never let your mind wander, because the potential for death is always a moment away. Even on the highest towers there is no guarantee of safety. Many clones have met their end in these isolated locations, but we always come back a little wiser.
    Once, while keeping a watchful eye on objectives Alpha and Bravo, I heard a noise that many dread: The roar of a dropship's engines. As I watched the aircraft climb the tower I threw two anti-vehicle grenades. They had to be carefully primed, because homing capabilities had not yet been invented. The dropship's ascent slowed, then it fell, engulfed in flames.
    I then resumed my watch. A sniper's job can be a lonely one. But you must never let your mind wander, because the potential for death is always a moment away...
    Last edited by SuperRoni; 10-30-2012 at 19:07. Reason: Spelling errors

4. Likes Ghost likes this post

PSN ID
    darkjenso
    Character: Jenza Aranda

memes i have made

http://cheezburger.com/6289264896
    http://cheezburger.com/6289582848
    http://cheezburger.com/6289607680
    http://cheezburger.com/6289614848
    http://cheezburger.com/6320653056
    http://cheezburger.com/6289621760
    http://cheezburger.com/6325294848
    http://cheezburger.com/6360783616
    http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/wall_e...74489_lamp.png
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...eme/20mins.png

these last two relate more to the previous beta build :P

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...meme/ithit.png
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...rmlauncher.png

finally, a parody done by me of the old spice guy

Hello mercs.

Look at your tank, now look at mine. now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't yours, but if you stop using militia vehicles and switch to training the skills it could be like mine. Look down, back up. Where are you? your on the battlefield with the tank your tank could be like. Whats in your hand? Back to me, I have it, 2 blueprints to that fit you love, look again, THE FITTINGS ARE NOW DIAMONDS. Anything is possible when you use proper vehicles and not militia. Im in a Surya

6. Likes Nickles Jester likes this post

PSN ID
    ZjinRaines
    Nahtlog
    Best Dust 514 moment

Build: Codex

We were protecting a southern supply depot. We saw a couple of mercenaries headed towards our position, no problem, take them out. All of a sudden we spot six of them incoming from all sides. We held our own against them when all of a sudden a grenade rolls through. Why are my shields disabled? Oh no it was a Flux Grenade. Our shields gone, we defended against them taking out at least four, I then see both of my men go down, I. Was. Afraid. I tuck myself in a corner near a supply cache take I kept taking grenades from, lobbing them out as soon as they appeared. I hear a couple of screams and bullets still plastering the wall above me. I spotted two of them standing above me while I was crouched in that corner, and all I felt was fear.

8. Likes Ghost likes this post
    PSN ID
    Freshoposum
    The Oposum
    DUST 514 MEME

10. Likes Ghost likes this post

PSN ID
    AlbelNox2569
    Best Dust 514 Moment in 154 Words or Less:

Build: Codex

Rolling with my squad in the Dragonfly BPO with a shotgun and AV grenades in Line Harvest at the south end. An LAV was on the east hillside shooting missiles at us while their squademate was calling in a tank. I ran straight at the tank dodging LAV missiles, jumped at the tank, threw thew an AV 'nade and took out the LAV while in the air, landed on the tank and shotgunned the one who called in the tank in the face. Then we hacked his tank and used it to blow up the next one he called in before it hit the ground by taking out the bolas that was bringing it in. Good times.

Character Name: Bosse Grahn

PSN ID
    ZjinRaines
    Dust 514 Meme
    Character name: Nahtlog

13. Likes Nickles Jester likes this post

PSN ID
    Eliquin
    username: Eliquin Hakomairos

Dust 514 best Moment (154 words exactly)

It was a losing battle, we were down in clone reserves and it was starting to look grim. As I hit the ground I saw a drop ship bringing down a Gallente make LAV. Normally, being Caldari, I would have scoffed at the ugly design, but this was war, and I did not have the luxury. leaping into the side passenger seat as another mercenary took the rear gun, we were off, mowing down the enemies with ease. We screeched to a halt next to a supply depot, and myself and the driver leapt out to hack it. As we ran back to the vehicle I jumped into the driver’s seat by accident, I then jumped out to let the owner have his seat, and not a moment too soon, as a missile slammed into the front of it, killing both of the nameless mercs I had fought with in front of my eyes.

Dust 514 Meme

PSN ID
    Relytray
    Great DUST moment
    Character Name: Relyt R
    Relyt is a god of death. His trusty shotgun is his scythe, every trigger pull is another flirt with death. War and death are the only constants in Mordu’s trials, and Relyt is a dedicated dealer of the latter. One day in another of the endless battles, Relyt was sprinting through the complex in Skim Junction. Having spotted an enemy on the other side of the stairs, he leapt through the air and pulled the trigger. One corpse. The corpse’s friend then turned to him. Another trigger pull. Two corpses. He then sprinted out of the building onto a balcony to meet another man hiding behind a crate, a trigger pull. Three corpses. His friend turned and ran, another trigger pull. Four corpses. Relyt then turned the corner, spotted another meat-bag, and jumped off a ledge. Another trigger pull. Five corpses. Just the beginning of another day in Mordu’s trials.

Best DUST514 Moment
    Stefan Jacobs
    E3 Build
    I was trying out the launchers for the first time, and found myself wandering around alone behind the compound of one of the early maps, the name of which escapes me. As I tried to get myself back in the action, a Caldari made LAV came speeding over a small incline right towards me with dark intentions. I quickly whipped out my launcher, and fired it right into the front said LAV, destroying it and the merc before he even knew what was coming. The wreck ground to a halt just in front of me, and I turned and walked away feeling like a boss, and decided these launchers just might come in handy.

PSN ID
    crockpot
    Best DUST514 Moment
    Character: Kaif Zel

I pulled my dropship close to the swarm launchers firing at us so that my gunners could pick them off. I wasn't too worried about the swarms, my ship could tank them well enough. So we managed to get one but a swarm hit my ship and flipped it onto its side mid air. everyone bails including myself, i was way to low to recover the ship. I hit the dirt and look up to see my dropship has hit the ground and not exploded, and conveniently landed on the side of a small hill, it rolled over right side up and i quickly hop back in. I managed to escape the other 2-3 swarms on their way to me AND the only guy who stayed in the ship during the crash managed to pick off the other swarmer on our way out. Right as we get in the clear the match ends.

EDIT: Original was to long for contest entry

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Character name: S0UL PH0ENIX (Os are zeros)

BEST DUST 514 MOMENT (Precursor build)

Have you seen the Prometheus dropship? It looks badass. I was flying my first one shortly after acquiring the skill to do so. After taking a rocket on the maiden voyage, I decided to take some time out from the battle to recover my nerves. The enemy MCC offered me a stable place to land and a pretty view. I stepped out of my ship, admired its aesthetic prowess and surveyed the battle for a bit.

DUST 514 MEME

Last edited by Ghost; 11-07-2012 at 02:46.

19. Likes Nickles Jester likes this post

PSN ID
    NiceGuyIce
    Dust 514 character - NiceGuy Ice

Best Dust 514 moment

The blink of an eye = 4 kills and objective capture

I was in a skirmish map, driving around in my militia LAV, enjoying the scenery, when I was suddenly hit by a flurry of swarm launcher missiles. With no shields and minimal armor I plowed the LAV into a group of 4 enemy mercs near one of the objectives. I bailed out just as I nailed the first guy. Then I was facing 3 others when I landed on my feet like a cat. Wearing a T2 heavy suit, coupled with an HMG, I panicked and pressed all of the buttons on my controller. When the dust settled and the HMG stopped smoking, I had skewered two of them with my chaotic, confused shooting and blew up the last one with a randomly tossed grenade. I then took the objective unhindered and thought to myself, “what the heck just happened?”

PSN ID
    dracionas

Best Dust 514 moment

Dust 514 character - mikel dracionas

Best Dust 514 moment

My corp. mates laying bleeding out on the ground I finish off the three remaining defenders of a CRU and start hacking it. After I take it I then turn and revive my corp. mates and as they retreat to recover shields i hold off the the oncoming offenders 5 or 6 of them by the blips on the map by taking cover behind a stack of crates. I throw a grande to the right and take out a scout out of shields by this time,I throw a second grenade this time to the left and take out a type 1 assualt half of my armor gone now. I shoot the third and take him out before going down to the fourth. By then my corp mates are recovered enough to fight back the last two and hold the CRU for our team

PSN ID
    izhuk
    Name: Ner'Zul Nexhawk

Best Dust 514 Moment

Build: Precursor

Nexhawk gripped his repair tool and began restoring his Amarr squadmate’s heavy armor, which had been already reduced almost to ashes by seven enemies. However, soon his friend fell, and then Nexhawk dived and rolled under enemy bullets, sliding towards the body and plunging the syringe right into his comrade’s heart. The Heavy got up and killed several foes but fell on the ground once again, and again Nexhawk revived him. The same situation repeated one more time, and luckily enough, Amarr managed to kill the last two enemy mercs. When the fight died away, Nexhawk simply started repairing his comrade’s armor, not caring that his own armor level was extremely close to 0%. He turned on the micro-fans in his helmet, drying off the sweat from his face. That was close. “Just doing my job,” Nexhawk replied to his friend’s endless thanks and praises. “This is what Logistic medics are trained for.”

PSN ID
    ungodly0529
    Name: Ungodly0529 Ghost-Wolf

Best Dust 514 Moment

The ground is shaking as I grab my neocom, there is two snipers on the cliff 238 meters from my position (according to my high detailed sniper scope). I need to bring in something that can help me survive. The Sica should be perfect, called it in only to watch as my beautiful Sica was taking out of the sky by the missile launchers hunkered down around the outside. Well it s official...I'm desperate to survive. I grab my Sniper Rail and run full blast the the turret, guy manning it was occupied so now was a perfect time. Didn't realize the Dropship as I jumped in and I managed to shoot it down with 46% armor left. Now I took aim at the mountain where my rival wait. I fired the shot that would make him rage quit to the highest degree. 1 burst of rockets vs Scout Sniper...Well you get the picture.

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Some great entries so far guys! Get the screenshots coming in!

PSN ID
    Freshoposum
    Dust Soldier Name: The Oposum

Dust Art Entry:

I thought it would be kinda interesting to see the Assault (Caldari) Dropsuit in Gold. I added the Soldier to the Serpentis Corporation which is known for theyr "buffs"

26. Likes Nickles Jester, Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    That is SO cool Mr Oposum! I LOVE it!

PSN ID
    Freshoposum
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    That is SO cool Mr Oposum! I LOVE it!
    Thanks mate. Well i know that im not the greatest artist. But i gave it a try

Santa Cruz, Trinidad(& Tobago), West Indies(the Caribbean)...
    PSN ID
    LuckierParadox
    In-game name: P-A-R-A-D-O-X
    Category: Best Dust 514 Moment...

I was being stalked by an LAV. I tossed an AV grenade at it, & as it came towards me, the grenade destroyed the LAV, which in turn rolled in, & killed me.
    Keep it positive...

PSN ID
    zombfreak666
    Dust name:theschizogenious
    Category: Best Dust 514 Moment

My best moment in dust was in an ambush during the last build where I was going 8-0 against the enemy team and was in the middle of them. I shot 2 more of their guys and had run out of AR ammo and had to run while being chased by their whole team. Sliding around some cover into a group of blue dots I quickly threw down a gauged Nano hive before an enemy scout jumped around the corner and hosed an ally down. Pulling out my scrambler I blew him away. Enemy grenade drops in front of the other blue dot he didn’t have a chance and my armor was shot down to 30 enemy logi came round the corner with no health and I took him out. As I ran towards more friends I got hit in the back in the middle of the road. As I respawned I was 12-1.
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-08-2012 at 18:41. Reason: Added the category for Mr Schizo :)

PSN ID
    JasePearson
    Dust Name: Jason Pearson
    Category: Meme Contest

32. Likes Nickles Jester likes this post
    General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Thanks guys. Just one more day to go before competition ends!

Thread Information