Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Cop Shoots 10 Year Old With Taser ( For Refusing To Clean His Patrol Car )

“Career day" at Tularosa New Mexico Intermediate School went terribly wrong after a 10-year-old boy says a police officer used his Taser gun to show him what cops do to people who don’t follow orders.

Officer Chris Webb of the New Mexico Department of Public Safety is being sued in court after allegedly using his Taser-brand stun gun on a school playground to send 50,000 volts of electricity into a young boy’s body, forcing the child to blackout.

According to the complaint filed on behalf of the child, "Defendant Webb asked the boy, R.D., in a group of boys, who would like to clean his patrol unit,” when the officer came to the school earlier this year. "A number of boys said that they would. R.D., joking, said that he did not want to clean the patrol unit.”

Defendant Webb, the complaint suggests, responded by pointing his Taser at R.D. and saying, 'Let me show you what happens to people who do not listen to the police.'" The officer then allegedly fired two barbs from the device at the child’s chest, penetrating his shirt.

"Instead of calling emergency medical personnel, Officer Webb pulled out the barbs and took the boy to the school principal's office," the complaint continues. When he attempted to remove the weapon attached to his skin, though, the 100-pound child passed out. Since then, he has been left with scars that are described in court as resembling cigarette burns.

A representative for the child says the boy has been suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder since the incident occurred on May 4.

"The boy, R.D., has woken up in the middle of the night holding his chest, afraid he is never going to wake up again,” guardian ad litem Rachel Higgins tells the court.

"No reasonable officer confronting a situation where the need for force is at its lowest, on a playground with elementary age children, would have deployed the Taser in so reckless a manner as to cause physical and psychological injury,” Higgins adds.

Higgins is now suing the New Mexico Department of Public Safety and Officer Webb on behalf of the child in Santa Fe County Court, where she seeks punitive damages for the boy for battery, failure to render emergency medical care, excessive force, unreasonable seizure, and negligent hiring, training, supervision and retention, Courthouse News reports.
    http://rt.com/usa/news/taser-boy-playground-webb-611/

To teach one a lesson, means understanding what the lesson being taught is. But to go to a level where an adult is taught a lesson with a taser, is way to far
    Last edited by claud3; 10-31-2012 at 11:38.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Damn. What's up with that for not cleaning your car you'll tase a kid and then giving the poor kid PD disorder? $#@! that.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Well It gets people talking..into a fruitless debate that is lol

‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well its a bit extreme to say the least
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    It's gotta be more then that now man he scarred the kid. Heres hoping he'll recover from it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    How could a recovery be possible. With the fear of this happening again

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    I never said it would be easy. It'd be a long process for sure.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Likewise mate. But something like this will take years to get over, especially at that age

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    What does it matter if he was joking or not no idea why his lawyer put that in the statement.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Wow, the kid must have been shocked when it happened.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

11. Likes MartyRules, claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Lol, so bad my friend

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    This is utterly retarded.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Totally true mate. I mean why, he could have just put down

WOULD NOT DO WHAT HE WAS TOLD

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Kind of odd it took so long to press charges. I mean may 4 so over six months later he is just now being brought on charges? Not going to buy that no one notice anything diff in the kid the day it happened. Juvenille so the evidence will be with held from public but def interesting to see what happens.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    true...

I mean how far will cops go these days

17. Likes Cybertox likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I definitely wouldn't have even brought the tazer out of the holster. That was surely a poor decision. It's downhill from there.
    Much less, I wouldn't have even acknowledged one of the kids not wanting to do what I gave them an opportunity to do. If he said he didn't wanna do it, by all means, that's a good thing. He utilized his own thoughts, and made a choice that was there for him. I would have respected that and commended him to the others and explained why.
    As far as the complaint goes... it's hard to say. We don't have a lot of information except a complaint. I'll address each part of the lawsuit in the perspective from the cop.

• for battery - pointing the tazer starts here. This is a good case against him for that.
    • failure to render emergency medical care - medical care for what? I don't see anything that requires emergency medical care.
    • excessive force - pointing the tazer again goes into play here. Regardless of the accidental discharge.
    • unreasonable seizure - defendant claims it was an accidental discharge. It's not a purposeful act, therefore no seizure.
    • negligent hiring, training, supervision and retention, Courthouse News reports - 100% a training failure here. No information on hiring, supervision, and retention.

19. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    well judge, i mean it was the kids fault

He called me a cop and i flipped, i mean i believe him and all. But he was calling me names and refused to give me a simple of breath

Sorry wrong case, how dumb am i

i feel so childish right now

21. Likes bash likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    lol I wish there was a video of this!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    same here mate.. It would shed light on this all together

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Two ways this coulda went down:

1. he pulled the taser out, and discharged it on purpose.
    2. he pulled the taser out, and it discharged accidentally for a list of reasons it can be discharged without the trigger pulled.

Either way, if he pulled it out on purpose, he's $#@!ed to a degree. When pulling it, he should have taken the cartridge off before pointing it at anyone. That way, if it was discharged purposely, it wouldn't have made any contact with the kid.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    well, he should have not went for it in the first place

common sense prevails here... Just be adult about it and deal with it, fine if you do not want to wash the patrol car fine i will get another kid

Unbound Mercenary
    lol Little $#@!er deserved it. Kids these days have no respect for anyone, including law enforcement.

No permanent damage done, the kid might even turn out better in the future.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    or turn out to be a cop lol

28. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    well, he should have not went for it in the first place

common sense prevails here... Just be adult about it and deal with it, fine if you do not want to wash the patrol car fine i will get another kid
    Oh, I agree 100%. Was a dumb move to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    lol Little $#@!er deserved it. Kids these days have no respect for anyone, including law enforcement.

No permanent damage done, the kid might even turn out better in the future.
    I agree 100%. Was a dumb move to not wash his car.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I agree 100%. Was a dumb move to not wash his car.
    Maybe now the kid will have a more refined respect for his elders.

If I was that age and a cop told me to wash his car, I would because I was raised to respect the men and women that help keep the law. While yes, some are $#@!s and don't have to act a certain way, a lot of cops are overlooked because people are more interested in the bad, and less in the good. Its quite sad really.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Thread Information