Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    $#@! mobile gaming. that's just for the mass market. ps3/xbox has never been about mass market, it's been about gamers.
    that's just not true.

anyway, the input for the two is the only thing dividing these two markets really. although that is an obstacle easily overcome if they wanted to. my sII is connected to the pub tv with mario kart and 4 dual shocks..... provided they become powerful enough and push blue tooth controllers there isn't much in it.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    that's just not true.

anyway, the input for the two is the only thing dividing these two markets really. although that is an obstacle easily overcome if they wanted to. my sII is connected to the pub tv with mario kart and 4 dual shocks..... provided they become powerful enough and push blue tooth controllers there isn't much in it.
    Mobile gaming has its place, but it in no way threatens consoles, not with the serivces they have today.
    if XBL hadnt pushed the boundries, and we still had game boxes only under our TV sets, it may have.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-09-2012 at 03:47.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm seeing road maps from AMD that they would be going DDR4 into next year. This could very well explain the cloak and dagger routine with the PS4s final tech specs considering the memory controllers themselves would be new tech from AMD. Just one possibility, anyway.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I'm seeing road maps from AMD that they would be going DDR4 into next year. This could very well explain the cloak and dagger routine with the PS4s final tech specs considering the memory controllers themselves would be new tech from AMD. Just one possibility, anyway.
    DDR4? Hmmm.....what happened to this?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd...ory,13408.html

The fun begins when you start to look at the new high-end GPUs codenamed "Tahiti", which is expected to see a Q1 2012 release. The "Tahiti" will make use of PCIe Gen3 interface, which has a massive bandwidth of 32 GB/s. The 7900 series is set to utilizes new AMD's Graphics CoreNext GPU architecture. The GCN is expected to boost performance per square millimeter die area to improve upon the VLIW4 architecture.
    Did they back out?
    Last edited by Kauldron; 11-09-2012 at 04:47.

Thread Information