Super Elite

EA scored an own goal

FIFA 13 is the world's best-selling sports computer game, with over four million copies flying off the shelf since its launch last month (September 2012).
    Just days after it went on sale, we reported complaints about the game freezing and locking up players’ computers.

At the time EA reassured us that they were addressing issues and continuing to improve the game. They also insisted that they were constantly listening to feedback from fans.

But it seems EA may have dropped the ball.
    Complaints have continued to flood in from disgruntled players, such as 14 year old Semir from Suffolk.
    His problems include invisible footballs and invisible players, which made playing the game rather frustrating.
    However, the issues didn’t stop there. He had bought FIFA 13 to play the “Ultimate Team” mode so he could buy, sell and trade players and create his fantasy football team.
    He spent £20 of his pocket money on FIFA points to acquire gold packs in the game, in order to obtain better players. But the day after he received the new players, they disappeared - leaving him with nothing to show for his £20.
    Alec a student from London is also very frustrated with the game. Only four days after buying it his game crashed while he was in career mode. And the problem kept reoccurring.
    Every time he reached a certain date in the game’s calendar and was waiting for the new match to load, the game would crash and the screen would turn black.
    The issue has happened so often that Alec has given up playing the game.
    As for EA’s promises to listen to their customers, both Alec and Semir say that they feel that their complaints have been ignored by the company.
    Alec says he has tried to contact them through their forum, twitter account and Facebook page, but he has heard nothing.

IYear on year EA always $#@!s up with Fifa games. When will they git it right?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006...atures/fifa-13

An EA statement

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Not played it for over a week. The crashes, lock ups, disappearing FUT players and or coins became too frustrating.
    It annoys me when they completely dodge the question and give the same bull$#@! answer about how good the franchise is and how many copies it's sold etc and not admitting to the problems people are dealing with.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Airiaen
    I was planning to buy it (even though I decided that I suffered from Fifa 12) but I just opted for PES 2013 instead. Sad to hear of the problems but wow.. Fifa isn't the game out there that will have ridiculous bugs or whatever becomes invisible.

Master Guru
    So Fifa 13 is broken?

I haven't played a game in the series in a long time. I was thinking about picking it up.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I haven't played it enough to notice those specific bugs, but I have played it enough to know there is other bugs that aren't mentioned here. Like achievements/trophies not unlocking even though you have completed the specified task. I am hugely disappointed in Fifa this year. It's decent, but the bugs can be game breaking for some. If I could get my money back, I'd take it.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Its EA so what do you expect.

Thread Information