Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Change...

Master Guru

This place is dead these days. I only really log on in the hope that something has changed.

I think more than anything we are in need of a new generation. The forums have been in a steady decline since 2007. It is rock bottom at the moment.

New gen and forum refresh = new users and more posting.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

2. Likes 33x , mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Need a way to keep new members active you don't get a Kuro and Devious everyday lmao...

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Something needs to change. I know that Cuguy is busy with Real Life stuff, and there is nothing wrong with that. But if thats the case, it is stupid to only have one head of the forums. If Cuguy is swept away from the forums regarding real life, then nothing can get done here.

Just saying, something has to happen.
    i'm confused.

Cuguy has done a hell of a lot for the forums

granted as Community Manager he should be more active, but he ain't no robot... if he needs a little time for real world matters then he should be given it. More to the point, im sure he would surrender the position if he felt he could no longer provide for the community.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Agree with what? I was being sarcastic.

What good would it do to promote someone else to take Cuguy's place when the person he's supposed to keep in contact with hasn't logged into the site for several weeks now? And what makes you think anyone will just be handed the position of community manager without working their way up the ranks first?

And you're kidding with Rad - not that he's a bad guy or anything - but he's mentioned countless times that he's posting from his PS3 browser and can't really get anything to work so what would he be able to do?

F34R, correct me if I'm wrong, never actually reached admin status so the same would apply to him.

It's nothing personal but a coup d'état is ridiculous. Even if Cuguy suddenly dropped off the face of the planet, there are others, like Ixion, who could take his place as community manager. And even then, you would still need Mr. Bishop around to relay these ideas back and forth with.
    I now post on my awesome and amazing IE browser on my 360 and everything works. But Silver was actually just messing around anyway. And I agree that person needs to work up through the ranks before they earn something like that.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-04-2012 at 05:37.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I now post on my awesome and amazing IE browser on my 360. But Silver was actually just messing around anyway. And I agree that person needs to work up through the ranks before they earn something like that.
    Thanks...if you don't know that i'm never serious by now then somethings wrong.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Thanks...if you don't know that i'm never serious by now then somethings wrong.

Your like that guy at a party that dances around with a lamp shade on his head. lol And yeah F34R would be perfect for the joint CM job.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-04-2012 at 05:16.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    F34R being given joint CM role still gets Ghost's Seal of Approval, regardless of how far he worked up the ladder back in the day.

9. Likes Kuro , Fon , mistercrow likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    F34R being given joint CM role still gets Ghost's Seal of Approval, regardless of how far he worked up the ladder back in the day.
    What an honor!.

I say elect, Silver_Knight as CM. He'd set this place straight!.. To hell!.

But seriously this place has been doing worse and worse. I blame the technical issues these forums are getting.

11. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    This forum needs change and needs it now.
    And F34R has told us how
    This forum has issues this forum has glitches
    But the staff is still saying suck it up $#@!es. lol

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    what the hell!?

the $#@! do you guys do here to claim this forum is so bad? i come here to read peoples opinions; to see views different from my own. And once in a while, have a laugh. to that end this forum serves its purpose and more. we have an amazing DS section, photography section, multiplatform section etc few forums on the web provide so much!

by definition this place is a place of discussion, if there is fault it should lie with its members first and foremost!

as for bugs, lol don't make me laugh. i use these forums just fine.

p.s, [A disclaimer as is needed on PSU] don't take this as me saying this site is perfection reincarnate. it has its issues, but it serves its purpose as a forum.
    my issues lie with the main site primarily.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    MC Rad all up in this $#@!!

I'm going to honor that rap with a less subtle haiku

The forum has flaws
    F34R says he can fix the place
    $#@! needs to be done

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    what the hell!?

the $#@! do you guys do here to claim this forum is so bad? i come here to read peoples opinions; to see views different from my own. And once in a while, have a laugh. to that end this forum serves its purpose and more. we have an amazing DS section, photography section, multiplatform section etc few forums on the web provide so much!

by definition this place is a place of discussion, if there is fault it should lie with its members first and foremost!

p.s, [A disclaimer as is needed on PSU] don't take this as me saying this site is perfection reincarnate. it has its issues, but it serves its purpose as a forum.
    This place has a unique community and the potential to be a more dynamic and interesting place than just a place to share opinions (and by the way I fully agree with what you're saying). I think that's why people are wanting change.

16. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    what the hell!?

Quite a few to what I know don't experience the issues but myself and others do(Technical issues I mean).

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I dont think that having a secound head of the forum will fix most issues, however it would be still better than only having one.

Unbound Mercenary
    i'm confused.

Cuguy has done a hell of a lot for the forums

granted as Community Manager he should be more active, but he ain't no robot... if he needs a little time for real world matters then he should be given it. More to the point, im sure he would surrender the position if he felt he could no longer provide for the community.
    I never said that. I know Cuguy has done an enormous amount of good for the forums. But whats the harm of having two CMs?
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    I never said that. I know Cuguy has done an enormous amount of good for the forums. But whats the harm of having two CMs?
    balance.

if you want to have more than one CM the most logical number is 3. imbalance at the top is even worse than a sporadic visiting single CM. 3 CM's would be a bit much.
    both CM's would need to 'ok' decisions, or even worse they would start undermining each other.

but as i say, Coma stepped down. im sure Cuguy would step down too if he felt the need.

besides, isn't this why we have the admins?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    F34R should be at least an admin...

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    F34R should be at least an admin...
    i thought he'd become one too when he was a mod. but i stay away from that topic. its a debate between F34R and whomever else.....its not my place to comment
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Soldier 95B
    Cuguy is the best this place has had, and will remain the best. He has just been busy lately. But he listens more than any ADMIN ever. He is good to go. No replacement or addition needed.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    i thought he'd become one too when he was a mod. but i stay away from that topic. its a debate between F34R and whomever else.....its not my place to comment
    I know some of the back story, but the past is not important, what is important is the present and the future! We need someone else to help fill in the gaps while Cuguy attends to the real life issues and F34R is easily the best candidate. Whatever happened back then needs to be left back then and we need to move forward.

25. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I agree about F34R being the best candidate.

Unbound Mercenary
    balance.

if you want to have more than one CM the most logical number is 3. imbalance at the top is even worse than a sporadic visiting single CM. 3 CM's would be a bit much.
    both CM's would need to 'ok' decisions, or even worse they would start undermining each other.

but as i say, Coma stepped down. im sure Cuguy would step down too if he felt the need.

besides, isn't this why we have the admins?
    Coma didn't step down. He was forced down, and rage quit because of it. He was forced down because Cuguy did not like having to get the okay from him to do stuff.

Balance can sometimes disrupt the peace.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Concerning Cuguy absence. His personal problems last for 4 months already. I dont think that personal problems cant get solved in a such big time period.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    To be honest, I think things are stale right now because the PS3 is stale. There is damn near nothing to talk about. That is what forums are for. The members make the threads, and the members discuss. That is what a forum is for.

You guys are crazy if you think adding some sub forums or changing a few things around is going to boost this forum back to what it was a few years ago. Want the forum to bounce back? Release the PS4.

30. Likes 33x , Fijiandoce, Kwes likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    To be honest, I think things are stale right now because the PS3 is stale. There is damn near nothing to talk about. That is what forums are for. The members make the threads, and the members discuss. That is what a forum is for.

You guys are crazy if you think adding some sub forums or changing a few things around is going to boost this forum back to what it was a few years ago. Want the forum to bounce back? Release the PS4.
    The main problem of the forum is not its activity. Its the activity of a certain and important member. The technical aspects of the forum is the main big problem, not the forums activity as its decent and will only grow further.

Thread Information