Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Change...

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    The main problem of the forum is not its activity. Its the activity of a certain and important member. The technical aspects of the forum is the main big problem, not the forums activity as its decent and will only grow further.
    Cuguy is always trying to figure out how to make this place better. You guys do not get to see what we discuss, but it is discussed. There is only so much he can do with what ability he has here. But he has done a lot in the last 6 months to better this forum.

There are few technical issues, but nothing that really affects the forum as a whole. I can still read threads and reply just fine. I can add friends and like posts. Reputation system seems to be back in place.

It is like you guys think the staff has forgot about the last thread created a month ago about the forum issues. The staff is very well aware of everything that has been mentioned. Creating threads every month is not getting anything done any faster.

2. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Want the forum to bounce back? Release the PS4.
    this is the only thing that needs to happen

BBK. Tapatalking

4. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Coma didn't step down. He was forced down, and rage quit because of it. He was forced down because Cuguy did not like having to get the okay from him to do stuff.

Balance can sometimes disrupt the peace.
    that's imbalance

this is why 3 would be needed for balance. and 3 CM's is ridiculous, the forum would be farcical and reflect the people within needing that many community managers for such a small number of users.

2 community managers would end up exactly as you've described. with both having ideas on what they 'should' do.

however, i was always under the impression he stepped down...huh, new info to digest
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

Change...

Everyone just shut up and post =)

LOL
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 11-04-2012 at 15:44.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    To be honest, I think things are stale right now because the PS3 is stale. There is damn near nothing to talk about. That is what forums are for. The members make the threads, and the members discuss. That is what a forum is for.

You guys are crazy if you think adding some sub forums or changing a few things around is going to boost this forum back to what it was a few years ago. Want the forum to bounce back? Release the PS4.
    Exactly.

Gone are the days where there were debates about console sales, which console was getting what exclusive etc etc.

this gen has been stale for a while now.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Soldier 95B
    Agreed with above. All you need to do is post and reply. Those features work great. Everyone just talk about games and we are good to go.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

9. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I think some of the rules need to be laid off a little bit. To be honest, this forum is pretty strict compared to other forums. so much so that I have seen many new "potential" forum users come in here just to get banned for being a bit of an asshole or whatever. while some other guy got banned because he did deserve it. but I also think the banning offenses are pretty damn harsh on these forums also. 6 months? yep ecen if a mistake happens with a new forum users and that guy goes bonkers a little bit, well he's gone pretty much now.

I understand some people should be banned but I think sometimes it's a bit to sensitive on these forums.

11. Likes Cybertox likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I honestly don't see how the currently guidelines as being hard to follow without getting banned.

Less complaining and most posting would be great I still feel it be nice to have a welcome sub section....

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Agree with what? I was being sarcastic.

What good would it do to promote someone else to take Cuguy's place when the person he's supposed to keep in contact with hasn't logged into the site for several weeks now? And what makes you think anyone will just be handed the position of community manager without working their way up the ranks first?

And you're kidding with Rad - not that he's a bad guy or anything - but he's mentioned countless times that he's posting from his PS3 browser and can't really get anything to work so what would he be able to do?

F34R, correct me if I'm wrong, never actually reached admin status so the same would apply to him.

It's nothing personal but a coup d'état is ridiculous. Even if Cuguy suddenly dropped off the face of the planet, there are others, like Ixion, who could take his place as community manager. And even then, you would still need Mr. Bishop around to relay these ideas back and forth with.
    Yeah hes done a lot. But so had Aje, so had coma, so had reflex, so had tribs. They all voluntarily or forcefully were removed from the top positions (yeah ok tribs was never top dog but the others pretty much were for a few years). Hell even dave was pretty good for a while. They all had to go when RL took over, Cuguy should be no different. Indeed he has stresses staff inactivity more than any other admin or CM this site has ever seen. Both tribs and vintage who are big players (or were) on this forum lost their positions due to it. Yeah tribs stepped down himself, and I haven't spoken to steff about his situation, but inactivity was the main reasons they are no longer staff members.

As you said Ixion could do it. So why not ?

Also on the f34r thing, you know as well as I do the history that surrounds f34r on this site. And its just that history. Pretty much every single person involved in that debacle is either not active at all any more or not on the staff. We dont even have the same $#@!ing owners anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i'm confused.

Cuguy has done a hell of a lot for the forums

granted as Community Manager he should be more active, but he ain't no robot... if he needs a little time for real world matters then he should be given it. More to the point, im sure he would surrender the position if he felt he could no longer provide for the community.
    yes he has but so have others before him, but being inactive isnt the way to move forward. The community needs to move on, and that may have to be without cuguy at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    balance.

if you want to have more than one CM the most logical number is 3. imbalance at the top is even worse than a sporadic visiting single CM. 3 CM's would be a bit much.
    both CM's would need to 'ok' decisions, or even worse they would start undermining each other.

but as i say, Coma stepped down. im sure Cuguy would step down too if he felt the need.

besides, isn't this why we have the admins?
    coma didnt step down he was removed as CM for being inactive when his kid was born.
    Last edited by squirrelbo1; 11-04-2012 at 20:28.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

14. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Coma didn't step down. He was forced down, and rage quit because of it. He was forced down because Cuguy did not like having to get the okay from him to do stuff.

Balance can sometimes disrupt the peace.
    Coma was demoted because he was inactive for months and months, and yes, he was slowing down the efficiency of their decision making. Cuguy's less than desirable activity is now causing another issue. As the only community manager, he would need to be active nearly 24/7, which he was for a while, but that's hard to keep up.

As for F34R, if we were to give him another chance, he would have to start from the bottom again, as an SMC. We're not just going to make someone a community manager.

All in all though, I agree the staff needs to be 'assessed' and reshuffled a bit.
    Last edited by Ixion; 11-04-2012 at 20:31.

16. Likes 33x likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Coma was demoted because he was inactive for months and months, and yes, he was slowing down the efficiency of their decision making. Cuguy's less than desirable activity is now causing

another issue. As the only community manager, he would need to be active nearly 24/7, which he was for a while, but that's hard to keep up.

As for F34R, if we were to give him another chance, he would have to start from the bottom again, as an SMC. We're not just going to make someone a community manager.

All in all though, I agree the staff needs to be 'assessed' and reshuffled a bit.
    So while we wait for F34R to get moved through the ranks which would take months we will still be in the situation of having an absentee CM.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    No, Ix was saying that if F34R were to be reinstated as staff, it would be from the bottom. Which is fair.

I think everyone asking for F34R to be CM is being quite unfair on the staff that are in the job now, and maybe due for 'promotion'.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

19. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    No, Ix was saying that if F34R were to be reinstated as staff, it would be from the bottom. Which is fair.

I think everyone asking for F34R to be CM is being quite unfair on the staff that are in the job now, and maybe due for 'promotion'.
    Good point.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Coma was demoted because he was inactive for months and months, and yes, he was slowing down the efficiency of their decision making. Cuguy's less than desirable activity is now causing another issue. As the only community manager, he would need to be active nearly 24/7, which he was for a while, but that's hard to keep up.

Yeah I'm aware of that and the decision was ultimately the right one on that occasion.

I'm not calling for f34r to be the cm just highlighting and clarifying the issues of the past. Also giving him a second chance isn't the wording I would have used.

Edit: sorry thought you quoted me not kwes. Even so the response could have been aimed at my post so point still stands
    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by squirrelbo1; 11-05-2012 at 02:43.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I have a six page letter to Mr. B, that explains in extreme detail about a lot of things that need to be changed, how they can be changed, reasons why, examples of problems from linked posts, threads, staff abilities, info that you wouldn't normally have, etc.
    This is why F34R needs to be on the staff, whatever the capacity. I don't see many people with as much passion as him for this place (I'm not saying people don't have this kind of passion, but I don't SEE it). Passion for positive change needs to be harvested and utilized like a precious resource because it's rare.

23. Likes mistercrow, Cybertox , Fijiandoce likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    This was ONE of the reasons why i stepped down and no longer frequent much..........used to the love the place, now ive just kind grown up and moved on

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Also, i wont have one bad word said against Cuguy, the man is a $#@!ing legend for the $#@! he has done around here, cant help when RL takes over, hence why i gave up my spot
    Last edited by 33x; 11-05-2012 at 13:22.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

26. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    No one has said a bad word against Mr Cuguy...Just that someone should be given authority while he's not around. I have RL stuff that's slowing my PSU projects down, so I understand, but I'm not in an important role here.

28. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I honestly don't see how the currently guidelines as being hard to follow without getting banned.

Less complaining and most posting would be great I still feel it be nice to have a welcome sub section....
    no, it's not hard to follow if you are use to walking on eggshells in forums. but one thing I've noticed is the quick and happy infraction trigger finger usually getting twitchy. so easy to get an infraction on here and believe it or not it does turn away people.

honestly, the PS3 section of the forums shouldn't have 2 topics within 5 minutes of eachother to have the third topic with a time of 2 hours since last post. o.O I've seen it on here all the time. There is obviously a comfort factor in these forums with users that have been on for quite a few years Vs. newcomers that will more than likely get a big infraction hit or banned within the first week.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    This is why F34R needs to be on the staff, whatever the capacity. I don't see many people with as much passion as him for this place (I'm not saying people don't have this kind of passion, but I don't SEE it). Passion for positive change needs to be harvested and utilized like a precious resource because it's rare.
    Passion alone does not make a good staff member. Other qualities need to be present in order to correctly utilize that passion.

However, I'm just talking in general terms, as F34R was kicked off the staff before I was put on, so I don't know the details regarding him.

Soldier 95B
    They need to have a good personality too.

32. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    They need to have a good personality too.
    Define good personality? Lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    I thought it was better if staff have zero personalities?

(i mean for forum life, of course)

Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    D and Kuro for some more SMC's
    Ghost as a Mod and F34R for CM
    Let's get it!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    D and Kuro for some more SMC's
    Ghost as a Mod and F34R for CM
    Let's get it!
    I second this situation! Lmao!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information