Thread: Change...

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    D and Kuro for some more SMC's
    Ghost as a Mod and F34R for CM
    Let's get it!
    There really is no need for more staff members at this point in the game, at least not in the Administrator, Moderator, or SMC positions. With forum activity at a low, there isn't a demand for many staff members. I do agree, though, that it may be time to consider an additional Community Manager (or two) or the replacement of our current one. It's needless to say that Cuguy has done an astounding job here: he's worked harder than most previous Community Managers, probably doing more than even the legendary Coma. When I was on staff as a Moderator and SMC, I saw how dedicated Cuguy and the whole staff is to this place, and saw how great Cuguy is at what he does.

But I'm in agreement with squirrel: At one point, Seb was the top dog. Although he was responsible for the inception of the site, he eventually became inactive and REFLEX and AJe took over and did a fantastic job. Not long after we had Coma rise to the CM spot, but eventually, he fell inactive as well. We're on a forum, and we have to accept that we're going to lose people, even some of the forum's key players, due to personal reasons.

While I don't think there are many technical issues with this place (the fundamentals work fine), I think we spend far too much time in these little "in between periods", when our fearless leader starts to lag in terms of progress. I think we need to raise our standard. When a CM becomes inactive, the staff should actively be calling for that person to step down / seek that person's demotion. It wouldn't be a dishonor to Cuguy to be removed from his position; we all recognize the great job he's done here, but if he can't do it anymore, he can't do it.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

2. Likes Kuro , mistercrow likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I was only joking I understand the situation. I do think we need a more active CM to help out more. I totally have nothing against Cu when I say this.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

4. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I would love to see CuGuy chime in on this thread lol...

Smc's and mods do a pretty great job handling spambots and laying the law down

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

6. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I would love to see CuGuy chime in on this thread
    I've already PMed him about this thread and our need to update the staff.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I would love to see CuGuy chime in on this thread lol...

Smc's and mods do a pretty great job handling spambots and laying the law down
    Stop being such a suck up.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Stop being such a suck up.
    How do u think as a new member I lasted this long without getting banned!! Lmao jk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Also, i wont have one bad word said against Cuguy, the man is a $#@!ing legend for the $#@! he has done around here, cant help when RL takes over, hence why i gave up my spot
    Which is all anyone is saying
    Last edited by Ixion; 11-06-2012 at 01:29.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    How do u think as a new member I lasted this long without getting banned!! Lmao jk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Please leave my staff demotion out of this thread. I do not want to have to defend my reputation beyond the support I have from 90% of the active members here.
    Last edited by F34R; 11-05-2012 at 22:55.

13. Likes Ghost , mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    ***PSU the Movie***

Coming to lifetime movies network soon.....

Lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

15. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Just cleaned up 8 or 9 posts. Let's leave the personal feuds out of this thread fellas.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Forum tip
    get rid of the forum chat box more people will post in threads without the chatbox

forum tip 2

make quests make a account after viewing a few threads posts

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Getting rid of the shoutbox? I don't think that would create more threads a lot of the shoutbox is just randomness nothing really worth making a thread about in regards to the nature of the content in the chatbox

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Getting rid of the shoutbox? I don't think that would create more threads a lot of the shoutbox is just randomness nothing really worth making a thread about in regards to the nature of the content in the chatbox
    yes get rid of it everyone just using that. its killing this forum
    when new people come here all they going see is old threads and nobody posting that's not good. nobody wants to make a account and start posting when nobody else is posting

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    There's only a few people using it and those people contribute most of the forum activity. It's fine to keep it.

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU

Change...

Really its only 5 to 7 people who use it regularly as it stands now. I don't think getting rid of it would change anything in regards to new members joining.

I'm pretty much on the forums everyday stays steady given the lack of sony news at the moment I expect 2013 to see a huge pick up in forum activity.

New people see the forum don't see a welcome section and assume that its a closed forum. This is the first forum I've ever been on that doesn't have a welcome section for new members to start a thread and introduce themselves.

I think forums serve their purpose currently we just need more going on like that best PS3 game ever tourney that was fun and sparked a lot of views, post, and discussions..

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ancient
    I vote for F43R too, even thou he the only one to give me a infraction from his mod dayz

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

PSU Technical Advisor
    Been on staff for two regimes. Allegedly got removed for 'inactivity' for both, though I bucked the administration both times preceding that.

The point I'm making is, underlings can be let go at the tip of a hat. But the higher ups can stay on for a reaaaal long time even if they do absolutely nothing and are no-shows the majority of any given week.

We need somebody who is invested in the forum and has real passion, who's a true blue community member. I'd certainly nominate FEAR to be on staff again, for whatever that's worth.

Cuguy has made alot of changes and he has done good. But he's also done a few things to piss me off too, but overall I can't say with any authority that he's been a 'better' in his current role than the prior guys we had around here. Then again, I've never been an admin or mod so maybe I just haven't been privvy to those upper level conversations.

I agree that the current owner is worthless and that cuguy is handicapped because of it. Still, he could at least be more active and engaging.

FEAR for staff 2012.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I agree the staff needs to be updated, as I've told Cuguy a few times now. I'm sure Cuguy will agree once he signs on. And if he doesn't sign on in the next week or so, I'll have to demote him myself. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I agree the staff needs to be updated, as I've told Cuguy a few times now. I'm sure Cuguy will agree once he signs on. And if he doesn't sign on in the next week or so, I'll have to demote him myself. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.
    You have authority over Cuguy? I thought he was above the Admins.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    You have authority over Cuguy? I thought he was above the Admins.
    I was under that impression as well. Guess I was wrong.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Admins have the ability to change the usergroups of members, so I have the ability to do it. But again, I would only do it if there was no other choice.

And since Cuguy has just signed on, that won't be necessary.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Well "ability" and "authority" are kind of different imo.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Well "ability" and "authority" are kind of different imo.
    If the only people with authority are inactive (Cuguy and Mr. Bishop), then I would have to do it. That's my point. But only if he was inactive for weeks.

But Cuguy is back, so don't worry.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Coma didn't step down. He was forced down, and rage quit because of it. He was forced down because Cuguy did not like having to get the okay from him to do stuff.

Balance can sometimes disrupt the peace.
    Oh so wrong that is. Coma and I were co-CM. However, he never, NEVER logged on due to personal issues. So what ended up happening was decisions which needed both our stamps of approval had to be delayed, sometimes months. At one point, he hadn't even logged on in 4 weeks. At that point, Mr B was tired of the two man show and knocked him down to Admin and gave me sole CM power. Coma didn't like it, and deleted his own account after going on a fit of rage. End of story. I didn't force him out, call for it, or anything. I signed in one day and Mr. B said "Coma is demoted, you have sole CM authority now." Exactly how it happened. No I did not like having to wait, but I would not have minded it if it was a week or so. When PSU decisions have to wait a few weeks or months, then that is a road block. Also, someone mentioned 3 CMs.... imagine the issues there.

Guys here is the situation with what I have been dealing with.

1. I have lost two jobs in the span of two months. I am now in a stable position, with more time to devote back to PSU. Yes, for a while there I had to be gone, but as someone else said, all the stuff that needed to be done could be done by an admin.

2. Mr. Bishop is not handling the day to day stuff on PSU any longer, rather another individual (right now not on the forum) is taking over. He is being transitioned to being my point of contact for the site owners like Mr. B was, and is still getting his head around the "to do" list to get the broken $#@! fixed. Point of clarity... MR. B does not OWN the site. He is the site manager.

3. Money. Let's face it, PSU traffic is up, but not breaking the bank. Ads generate revenue, but our members do everything that they can to block, avoid, dodge, get rid of ads. We put in a affiliate link and people lose their minds. Money gets the $#@! done on PSU. We aren't going under, but we aren't exactly rolling in it right now. Every time someone posts an issue on the feedback tab, or on the forum, we log it into a tracking database. We don't ignore anything. However, getting the stuff done DOES get prioritized. Also, the site programmers are not PSU specific, they handle a variety of sites for Mr. B's company. They simply can't focus 100% on this site. A HUGE bottleneck for me to get things done. Every time i hit a feedback thread, I go into the database and check to see if the issue is posted, if it is I ask about its status, if it isn't, I make an entry. I can't force them to get this stuff done, hands are tied. Also, before ANYONE asks, No, they will not open PSU servers to someone not employed on site in Montreal with Mr. B. Security reasons for sure.

Ya know, I respect everyone's opinion here, and yes I have been sort of inactive. I log in nearly every night, even during unemployment and other issues to check on this site. This site and its success is very important to me. I try, and try to get things done. I took on a role as a part time reviewer. I get stuck in unsavory positions though because of this job. Basically no matter what you do, someone will have to chime in you should have done it the other way.

In essence guys, we need new hardware to talk about. PSU has been in a steady decline since 2008, made exponentially worse in 2010 when the site as upgraded to Vb4.0 and everything went to $#@!. People left in droves. Now, even in the absence of real news, we are growing. We have relaxed the rules, modded some of them, removed auto bans, brought back previously banned members, reached out to others, etc...

If you as a collective whole think I am going about things badly, I understand, and can make way for new blood. However, I say (God this sounds like a politician) we have laid the groundwork now for PSU to be a dominating force when the new hardware is announced. What you guys haven't seen is the behind the scenes stuff. Beefing up our servers, streamlining coding, looking for new content solutions for news and comments, enlisting a fleet of awesome writers, etc.. We are set and ready for the new traffic when it comes. There is no magic bullet that will instantly revive PSU to past levels. F34R isn't going to save the place and likely will get PO'd at the same stalemating I face.

Some of you may not like my policies, some may, but that isn't my concern. I can't make everyone happy, just can't. I'd go nuts trying. All I can do is make decisions and implement items that I feel will benefit PSU, not a certain member, but the whole site.

I agree 100% with many things said here, but the one that can happen right away is the staff issue. I have let that slack too much. Ix and I will be discussing this and get something done.

Stick with me guys... I have this site close to my heart. I have been here nearly 6 yrs, and have no intention of leaving it.
    LMAO

Thread Information