Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Gun Owners Stock Up On Guns. In Fear Of Obama Being Re-elected

The results of the upcoming US presidential election will determine who Americans have decided to let run the country for the next four years. For firearm enthusiasts, it could mean the future of their livelihood.

That’s how it’s being viewed, at least, as Republicans ramp-up warnings that four more years of an Obama White House is comparable to an end of the Second Amendment. Fears of renewed, stricter legislation against guns under a second Obama administration has firearm sales soaring, and a victory for the incumbent on November 6 could have those figures shooting through the roof.

“Obama was the best gun salesmen we’ve had,” Irvin Walker, the owner of Triggers Gun Shop in Mills, Wyoming, tells the Star-Tribune. Walker says sales have only been on the rise the US President Barack Obama first threw his hat in the race for the White House back in 2007, and with another term being decided in only a few days, the proprietor says “That could very well happen again.”

Although President Obama hasn’t followed through with the Republican-driven fears that he’d wage a war on the right to bear arms, a victory on Election Day for the Democratic candidate would mean four more years of the incumbent, but not any longer. Federal law limits US presidents from serving more than two consecutive terms, which means President Obama won’t have anything to lose if he’s sworn in during January’s inauguration. Although he hasn’t introduced gun laws during the last three-and-a-half-years — and seems likely to not make any changes during the next four — a win on Election Day would mean a lame-duck term for the commander-in-chief where he’d be free to pass any legislation that would have lessened his chances of re-election the first time around.

Joe Arterburn, a spokesperson for hunting gear manufacturer Cabela’s, says he expects a surge in gun sales if Obama wins next week’s election. If GOP opponent Mitt Romney walks away victorious, he says he thinks his customers will continue to spend money on firearms and ammo, but not necessarily to the same degree.

"If Mitt Romney is elected and there's no perceived threat on the freedom to own guns, people might decide to spend disposable income on things like outerwear instead," Arterburn tells the Wall Street Journal.

Even after an onslaught of mass shootings in America during 2012, President Obama has failed to reveal any plans to limit gun sales during a second term, even announcing during a recent televised debate that he’d push for enforcement of the current laws — not new ones — as would Gov. Romney. Because his pre-presidential record in the US Senate suggests he might be even remotely willing to strip away gun rights, though, Republicans say next week’s vote could be one of historic circumstances.

“People are definitely scared of a president who has voted when he was a senator against guns,” Anthony Bouchard, director of the Wyoming Gun Owners Association in Cheyenne, adds to the Tribune. Re-election for the incumbent means a lame-duck session, he says, “and he can do the things he wants to do. That’s what we’re afraid of.”

Jim Barrett, an industry analyst at C.L. King & Associates Inc. in New York, tells the Associated Press that President Obama “is the best thing that ever happened to the firearm industry,” and that’s a fact that hasn’t changed during the last few years.

The president’s aides put up an argument, however, and note that Obama has done nothing to limit firearms so far in his terms. "President Obama's record makes clear that he supports and respects the Second Amendment and the tradition of gun ownership in this country, and we'll continue to fight back against any attempts to mislead voters," campaign spokesperson Adam Fetcher tells the Journal. For Americans that don’t dig deep to find the facts, though, statements like that could be easily skipped. Republicans are aware, and are using that to take advantage.

“Defend freedom, defeat Obama,” an ad purchased by the National Rifle Association that aired last month insists. To the AP, NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam says Obama’s actions — even indirectly — are enough for the organization to support Gov. Romney this year.

"Gun owners and hunters fear that a second Obama administration with no future political campaigns to worry about will try to destroy this great American freedom," Arulanandam said, echoing the advert’s message. He explains that even if the president has publically said he doesn’t want any changes, he has appointed two Supreme Court justices considered anti-gun by the NRA, and the botched fast-and-furious gun-walking fiasco could be used during the next administration as a platform to push for restrictions.

"There’s no political downfall if Obama enacts more stringent gun-control measures," Arulanandam adds to the Journal.

Wayne LaPierre, the CEO of the NRA, has formally endorsed Gov. Romney, and during a campaign rally last month said, “If President Obama is re-elected, we’re going to see an anti-Second-Amendment, anti-freedom rampage in this country like we’ve never seen before.”

The Center for Responsive Politics out of Washington reports that the NRA and its affiliated political committees have spent $10.7 million on the presidential campaign as of late October, with most of it happening just during the last few weeks.

So far in 2012, the number of background checks for would-be gun buyers is up from 56 percent when compared with the weeks before the 2008 presidential election. In Wyoming, the number of concealed firearm permits has increased steadily since 2007, with the latest figures nearly double what they were five years earlier. Nationally, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives notes that the number of licensed gun dealers has only shot up — albeit slightly — since Obama took the oath of office. Even if it’s just a tiny surge, it’s an increase nonetheless, and it looks to continue that way in 2012 — a feat that hasn’t occurred since the early President Clinton administration in 1992.

Ruger, the fourth-largest firearms manufacturer in America, says its sales have increased by 86 percent since the beginning of the Obama administration
    http://rt.com/usa/news/gun-obama-president-even-867/

A bit much, what's going to happen

The army going to take over

Lmfao...
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Lmao..Rednecks

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Lol people did the same thing with clinton. No big deal.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    My uncle is voting for the first time because he hates Obama so bad. He seems to pick up a lot of hate. Relating more to the topic though, i bet those gun shops want Obama to win because there enjoying there sales spike

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Buying on false pretense....some people are facking retarded! Guns don't kill people stupid people with guns kill people

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Buying on false pretense....some people are facking retarded! Guns don't kill people stupid people with guns kill people
    So true guns on the floor is not deadly but in the wrong hands its doesn't take a brain box to no whats going to happen
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Gonna go and buy an M16A3.

PSU Technical Advisor
    -shrugs- better safe then sorry. in the past 3 months I've bought two nice firearms I've been salivating over, because I'd rather not be incapable of getting them in the future.

SIG Tapcops 1911, and Vepr 12.

10. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    -shrugs- better safe then sorry. in the past 3 months I've bought two nice firearms I've been salivating over, because I'd rather not be incapable of getting them in the future.

SIG Tapcops 1911, and Vepr 12.
    Y you need guns for there nothing but trouble, to me the only people that should have gun are the police and army.

But UK and U.S.A are different so really i cant say anything

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    It's the way it is mate. It's a world onto it's self and the outside world will never understand and believe me it's safer that way
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Lmao..Rednecks
    ^^^^^^^
    what he said.

the scary thing is that they continue to breed.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    It's the way it is mate. It's a world onto it's self and the outside world will never understand and believe me it's safer that way
    That why i proud to be English, the UK is not as violence as U.S.A. Yeah UK still has scumbags going around thinking they are gangsters but its good that the UK people just cant go into a gun shop and buy a gun

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    what he said.

the scary thing is that they continue to breed.
    yep, and fear always springs from ignorance.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    u.s.a has nothing on Ireland mate... well the car bombs was invented in the states during the 1920/30's, when one was used to blow up the new York stock exchange I think

Forum Sage
    Wait, i just remembered something. Shouldn't they be stocking up on holy water. I don't think bullets will harm the antichrist.

The Heisman
    and the thing is... gun sellers have these people completely figured out.

they know they can write propaganda and these intelligent sould will come a running... cash in hand.

it's amusing and sad at the same time

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage
    and the thing is... gun sellers have these people completely figured out.

they know they can write propaganda and these intelligent sould will come a running... cash in hand.

it's amusing and sad at the same time
    yep, they know how to use fear to sell something. Guns sales have been great since Nov. 2008.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Sticking it to the man, since 1776 or earlier if you use history

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Wait, i just remembered something. Shouldn't they be stocking up on holy water. I don't think bullets will harm the antichrist.
    Obama can't be the antichrist because no one still likes him except left wing screw heads like you and daywalker.

I myself have no need to purchase more guns, got enough already, but I feel for my redneck brethren.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

22. Likes Bigdoggy likes this post
    The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Obama can't be the antichrist because no one still likes him except left wing screw heads like you and daywalker.

I myself have no need to purchase more guns, got enough already, but I feel for my redneck brethren.
    you'll be able to keep you and your sister-wife safe!

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage

yee -haw.....I bet that makes him happier than riding a gravy train on biscuit wheels...

The Heisman

yee -haw.....I bet that makes him happier than riding a gravy train on biscuit wheels...
    home schooled. probably already married to his mom...

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    You guys are just mad that you aren't smooth enough to get into your sister's pants.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

27. Likes DayWalker likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary

home schooled. probably already married to his mom...

Its hard to express in words how pathetic you guys look when using the "married to his sister" joke. Trust me, its sad.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Thread Information