Looks like Gran Turismo 5 finally broke 9 million sales recently, according to Polyphony Digital. They updated their sales chart recently to show sales up to late 2012. For those of you that don’t want to visit the website for whatever reason, here are the figures, compared to the rest of the franchise:
Title Units (K)*
Gran Turismo 10,850
Gran Turismo 2 9,370
Gran Turismo 3 A-spec 14,890
Gran Turismo Concept Series 1,560
Gran Turismo 4 “Prologue” 1,400
Gran Turismo 4 11,600
Gran Turismo 5 “Prologue” 5,350
Gran Turismo PSP 3,860
Gran Turismo 5 9,010
Total 67,890

It seems that despite Gran Turismo 5 having over 9 million sales, it still trails behind the Playstation 2 predecessors. I can honestly kind of agree with those sales. I got a lot more playtime out of Gran Turismo 3 than I did Gran Turismo 5. Same goes for Gran Turismo 4. What about you?

Have you been enjoying yourself more with Gran Turismo 5 or do you feel something is missing from the franchise? I suppose we’ll have to wait and see what Polyphony Digital has up their sleeves for Gran Turismo 6 to see if they can get even better sales and ratings for that matter. Gran Turismo 5 was actually the lowest rated game of the franchise.

Regardless, congratulations to Polyphony Digital on a job well done!
Awesome news! Though I must say, I wasn't happy with the game. I have the feeling that GT6 will more than make up for it. I am guessing that will be on the next PS.