Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Dust 514 to stay in Beta until 2013

from PSU homepage

David Ried, CCP Games executive, told Eurogamer that CCP Games plans to keep its massively-multiplayer online first-person shooter title DUST 514 in beta form until 2013.

In the interview, Ried mentions that the game has an incredibly daunting feel to it for new players, and that it takes too long for users to acclimate fully to the game. The biggest issue with the game is the ability for new players to comprehend exactly what to do once in the game. Rest assured, though, that CCP Games is determined to make the final release product the best it can be:

"You should expect to see some rough edges, some things not working so well," he said. "Other recent console betas have tended to be working launch demos. We're doing something unprecedented here, and we want to get everything right before we join those two worlds."

Even though the game is still in the works, DUST 514 is available in beta form and open to users to try it out and help determine the release version of the game. Feel free to use the space below to talk about your experiences in DUST 514.
    Now, this I find interesting. Having only dabbled into the game a little myself, I'm no expert at it and I cartainly haven't delved into all of its mechanics.

But from the sound of it, the devs will be/have been in Beta for a long time. Maybe when the PS4 comes out the game will cross-play/carry over to the new system and be in the final build? Thoughts?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    This game launch day on PS4 would be awesome!!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Dust will always be in beta, like EVE. Even after it launches, CCP will be adding things, updating, tweaking and if the game follows EVE's foot steps, will be getting 2 free expansions a year for the next decade (it already said it has a 5 year road map for Dust, so, 5 year of planned content and expansions.

CCP has already said that Dust will be getting a PS4 counterpart as well, which is music to my ears. A persistent soldier is what has been missing in FPS games for me. I hate getting my soldier all leveled up and badass, only to move onto the next numbered installment of the game and start at 0 again.

The game is going to be amazing when the launch build hits...and then will keep growing and improving from there...for free.

4. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post

Thread Information