Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Colorado and Washington

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...ry?id=17652774

Last edited by faaeng; 11-08-2012 at 03:14.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

2. Likes mistercrow, Silvy likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Plus rep and thanks. Woot we're already making changes.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Drugs in general should get banned the hell out of them. Look how slowly the state with legalized weed will have soon a population full of potheads.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Drugs in general should get banned the hell out of them. Look how slowly the state with legalized weed will have soon a population full of potheads.
    Yeah they should! Amsterdam is an hour flight from where we live anyway. Ban drugs in the US!
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    "The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will," Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper said in a statement. "This will be a complicated process, but we intend to follow through. That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug so don't break out the Cheetos or gold fish too quickly."

Elite Sage

Nice work America. Wish the Uk would follow suit. I've never understood the mentality for locking up people who grow/smoke weed and yet they let the aggressive louts who drink alcohol to run and throw up all over the streets.

Everytime I go out to Amsterdam, what is about twice a year, I'm always in disbelief to see why the world can't see that legalisation works and I mean $#@!, that city has hookers in $#@!ing windows and the place is still civilised and functioning. I love the liberal attitude in that place.

Sit in a coffee shop for an hour and watch the diversity of people that you will see walk into the shop. Young, old, black, white, professionals and regular everyday people.

I applaud America for having a bit of common sense! Hopefully the UK will keep an eye on our cousins and follow suit over the next few years.

8. Likes Admartian , mistercrow likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    What happens, if this fails
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Sage

How can it fail?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    There is a 50/50 chance it can work or fail...

But what if it does fail
    Last edited by claud3; 11-08-2012 at 13:03.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Sage

I don't understand how it can fail though. What are the variables for it failing? It's no different from legalising alcohol.

13. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Nice work America. Wish the Uk would follow suit. I've never understood the mentality for locking up people who grow/smoke weed and yet they let the aggressive louts who drink alcohol to run and throw up all over the streets.

Everytime I go out to Amsterdam, what is about twice a year, I'm always in disbelief to see why the world can't see that legalisation works and I mean $#@!, that city has hookers in $#@!ing windows and the place is still civilised and functioning. I love the liberal attitude in that place.

Sit in a coffee shop for an hour and watch the diversity of people that you will see walk into the shop. Young, old, black, white, professionals and regular everyday people.
    Depends what city your in if you go to a coffeeshop. I had a coffeeshop 5 minutes from my house. I can tell you it was one of the worst places to be at any time. Lots of vandalism in that area, garbage all over the streets etc.. even though it wasn't a bad neighbourhood at all.. And I can safely say it's mostly losers & highschool dropouts who go to coffeeshops. Regular people with normal jobs wouldn't want to be seen going in to a coffeeshop.
    Not 100% sure how the world views Dutch coffeeshops but here it's definitely looked down upon if you go to them. And from what I've seen only total geeks smoke weed here.

Apprentice

I don't understand how it can fail though. What are the variables for it failing? It's no different from legalising alcohol.
    As a smoker, the one issue I have with legalizing is accountability. If a drunk driver ran your mother over and was caught immediately, it's easy to prove they're drunk. If that same person was just high out of they're mind, then it's not so easy to prove.

Elite Sage

Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    Depends what city your in if you go to a coffeeshop. I had a coffeeshop 5 minutes from my house. I can tell you it was one of the worst places to be at any time. Lots of vandalism in that area, garbage all over the streets etc.. even though it wasn't a bad neighbourhood at all.. And I can safely say it's mostly losers & highschool dropouts who go to coffeeshops. Regular people with normal jobs wouldn't want to be seen going in to a coffeeshop.
    Not 100% sure how the world views Dutch coffeeshops but here it's definitely looked down upon if you go to them. And from what I've seen only total geeks smoke weed here.
    Really? Well, i usually always go to stright Haarlemmerstraat first as that is the home to two of my favourite places in the city. Both are quite modern and very well maintained (as well as winning numerous awards for their strains) and each time i go there i see many different people from different walks of life coming into the shop. I have seen many professionals in there during my limited time in Holland. I can't say i saw any vandalism throughout the city but i imagine if you step out of the tourist area that could change. I've been about 5 times with another time booked up for February 2013 but i've never thought it was a messy place. I've also heard Rotterdam is a place i should check out as well. Never had the time though.

I think the world, or i'll say the world as I perceive it should be fairly jealous. To me it's no different from going to a pub and having a social drink. I just find smoking a much more social activity. What are the Dutch views on drinking or are the more or less in line with everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by buffalothc View Post
    As a smoker, the one issue I have with legalizing is accountability. If a drunk driver ran your mother over and was caught immediately, it's easy to prove they're drunk. If that same person was just high out of they're mind, then it's not so easy to prove.
    That is a good point, i don't think legalisation will bring that on though, people already drive like it now. I do see where you are coming from though.

Super Elite
    Really? Well, i usually always go to stright Haarlemmerstraat first as that is the home to two of my favourite places in the city. Both are quite modern and very well maintained (as well as winning numerous awards for their strains) and each time i go there i see many different people from different walks of life coming into the shop. I have seen many professionals in there during my limited time in Holland. I can't say i saw any vandalism throughout the city but i imagine if you step out of the tourist area that could change. I've been about 5 times with another time booked up for February 2013 but i've never thought it was a messy place. I've also heard Rotterdam is a place i should check out as well. Never had the time though.

I think the world, or i'll say the world as I perceive it should be fairly jealous. To me it's no different from going to a pub and having a social drink. I just find smoking a much more social activity. What are the Dutch views on drinking or are the more or less in line with everyone else?
    Well like I said it depends where you go. Whenever foreigners talk about weed it's always "Amsterdam" that's just where all tourists go, so I can imagine they might look after their coffeeshops more than they do here. The coffeeshop that was near my house was pretty much only visited by old alcoholic looking types, blacks, turkish people and just the people who are the lowest of society.
    There's a new coffeeshop that opened up about 2 years ago in the city next to mine and that place is even worse, looks like the $#@!ing ghetto/projects of my province lol.
    Rotterdam is a nice city too, I'm not a fan of big crowded city's so I kinda stay away from those places.

Hm Dutch views on drinking.. Kind of a hard one as it's so divided. Young kids (age 14-22 I'd say) thinks its cool to drink (the more the better it seems). Buying alcohol at a young age is considered cool (though I think that's the same in other countries, I find it dumb) and getting drunk is also seen as cool.
    However buying alcohol (regular beer or hard liquor) is seen as normal and most people don't give a damn if you buy alot of alcohol. Idk it bothers me a bit as alcohol is much worse for you than smoking weed, even though alcohol is accepted in society and weed is looked down upon.
    I don't drink or smoke so my views on both of those is completely different than most others.. People legit look at me like I'm crazy when I say I don't drink. Usually get responses like "How can you NOT drink alcohol?" weird as $#@! response but I dgaf lol..

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Ok prohibition came into play in the 20's/30's and caused widespread illegal import of drink from all over the states

You made weed illegal and it was imported from across the sea and borders. Now making it legal has benefits.... But it also has it's cons

People who wanted to come of it, will stay on it for reasons if well it's legal so why not

People who never thought of trying it, will and might have their life ruined by it and they will be destroyed by it

On the other hand it could work and make less take it

And it could and will cost the tax payers even more to help peopl come off it with an even heavier addiction
    Last edited by claud3; 11-08-2012 at 14:08.

Elite Sage

Well like I said it depends where you go. Whenever foreigners talk about weed it's always "Amsterdam" that's just where all tourists go, so I can imagine they might look after their coffeeshops more than they do here. The coffeeshop that was near my house was pretty much only visited by old alcoholic looking types, blacks, turkish people and just the people who are the lowest of society.
    There's a new coffeeshop that opened up about 2 years ago in the city next to mine and that place is even worse, looks like the $#@!ing ghetto/projects of my province lol.
    Rotterdam is a nice city too, I'm not a fan of big crowded city's so I kinda stay away from those places.

Hm Dutch views on drinking.. Kind of a hard one as it's so divided. Young kids (age 14-22 I'd say) thinks its cool to drink (the more the better it seems). Buying alcohol at a young age is considered cool (though I think that's the same in other countries, I find it dumb) and getting drunk is also seen as cool.
    However buying alcohol (regular beer or hard liquor) is seen as normal and most people don't give a damn if you buy alot of alcohol. Idk it bothers me a bit as alcohol is much worse for you than smoking weed, even though alcohol is accepted in society and weed is looked down upon.
    I don't drink or smoke so my views on both of those is completely different than most others.. People legit look at me like I'm crazy when I say I don't drink. Usually get responses like "How can you NOT drink alcohol?" weird as $#@! response but I dgaf lol..
    That bolded part reads pretty bad, maybe not the way you intended it to but it comes across kinda rude.

But yeah, you could be right that it's all tidy because it's a tourist area. It should be the responsibility of the coffee shops to make sure the area they are in doesn't deteriorate because of their presence. As for drinking, i think it probably shares the same views with the rest of Europe. It is a shame because cannabis is no way near as bad as alcohol, there was a program a few years ago in the UK that said if Alcohol was found out today it would be a Class A drug in the UK but because it's been a part of society for so long they can't get rid of it that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Ok prohibition came into play in the 20's/30's and caused widespread illegal import of drink from all over the states

You made weed illegal and it was imported from across the sea and borders. Now making it legal has benefits.... But it also has it's cons

People who wanted to come of it, will stay on it for reasons if well it's legal so why not
    Thats a problem with the person, not the drug or the law concerning the drug.

People who never thought of trying it, will and might have their life ruined by it and they will be destroyed by it
    I disagree. Those who never thought of trying it probably wont try it just because it is legal all of a sudden. May they be more open to try it? Maybe. But i don't think if it was legalised tomorrow you would see thousands of people who never smoked before queueing up to get their first smoke.

As for ruining peoples life, are you having a laugh? Cannabis isn't any more likely, i'd even say it's less likely, to ruin someone's life than alcohol. If by ruin you mean someone may wake up a little bit later for work in the morning then sure but to actually ruin someones life? That again is a problem with the person, not the drug.

On the other hand it could work and make less take it
    This is something me and my friends discuss often. If you could go out to a shop and smoke it there would we smoke more, the same or less? We don't really know. We think it could make us smoke less as it is so easily available and it would be a more sociably accepted act, going into a coffee shop having a few grams of the finest on offer and leaving it at that.

Truth be told, we don't know. Maybe the first time it's legal it will be a novelty and we will smoke more but i imagine it would become something like going to the pub.

And it could and will cost the tax payers even more to help peopl come off it with an even heavier addiction
    Don't talk $#@!. The only addiction you will get from smoking is a mental addiction. There is no craving as something like heroin, cocaine or alcohol. It's all mind over matter. You don't break out into sweats like the other things i said because you don't have a physical dependency on it - it's probably easier to give up cannabis than it is to give up smoking cigarettes.

If anything it will save/make the taxpayer money. No longer arresting and putting people in prison for possession, it will cut out the dealers meaning the police can actually focus on proper crimes rather than wasting time patrolling for people smoking and then the government can go tax happy on cannabis and make a nice cut from all cannabis sold at legal places.

There are, in my eyes, more pro's to legalising than there are con's.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Yeah they should! Amsterdam is an hour flight from where we live anyway. Ban drugs in the US!
    I didnt say that legal weed in amsterdam is something good.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Just pointing out a few pros and cons...... and they exist mate

And you can not be blind to the cons

Super Elite
    That bolded part reads pretty bad, maybe not the way you intended it to but it comes across kinda rude.

But yeah, you could be right that it's all tidy because it's a tourist area. It should be the responsibility of the coffee shops to make sure the area they are in doesn't deteriorate because of their presence. As for drinking, i think it probably shares the same views with the rest of Europe. It is a shame because cannabis is no way near as bad as alcohol, there was a program a few years ago in the UK that said if Alcohol was found out today it would be a Class A drug in the UK but because it's been a part of society for so long they can't get rid of it that easily.
    It wasn't intended as rude, though it might read as if it was. I didn't imply blacks or turkish people are the lowest of society, I mean they generally use the coffeeshops here along with people like those 18 year olds who hang on the streets 24/7, stoners, dropouts etc..

And I agree with the alcohol. Alcohol is much worse for your health and people actually die from the use of alcohol, though I haven't heard of people dying directly from cannabis.. They should up the age on when you're allowed to buy alcohol too imo. Here it's 16 for beer and I think 18 for whiskey and that type of junk..

Elite Sage

Just pointing out a few pros and cons...... and they exist mate

And you can not be blind to the cons
    No doubt they exist, i just think the pros outweigh the cons

It wasn't intended as rude, though it might read as if it was. I didn't imply blacks or turkish people are the lowest of society, I mean they generally use the coffeeshops here along with people like those 18 year olds who hang on the streets 24/7, stoners, dropouts etc..

And I agree with the alcohol. Alcohol is much worse for your health and people actually die from the use of alcohol, though I haven't heard of people dying directly from cannabis.. They should up the age on when you're allowed to buy alcohol too imo. Here it's 16 for beer and I think 18 for whiskey and that type of junk..
    I didn't think you were trying to come across rude, i know it wasn't your intent.

Yeah alcohol can really really destroy lives and as you said, i don't think there has ever been a death from cannabis (as in they've overdosed on cannabis, not that they crashed a car or something like that). The public just need educating. Kind of hard here, in the UK, to do that though when the government fire a leading scientist because he said that Cannabis and MDMA are safer than alcohol.
    Last edited by BBK..; 11-08-2012 at 15:34.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Drinking ruins people lifes. Hell last year I almost died because of drinking (ill post a thread on the 11th of this month to explain)

I don't think people who never tried weed would line up to buy some. Why its not legal is beyond me its cheap to make there is HUGE profit to be made and they could tax it.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    They may outweigh a few of the cons, but the others outweighs the pros

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I see what your saying mate but I see more pro's than con's in this situation. The main reason behind it has to be something along the lines of some industry being effected by this I have an idea but I'm not gonna assume. I'll do some research later when I'm home

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Sage

They may outweigh a few of the cons, but the others outweighs the pros
    Such as?

BBK. Tapatalking

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat

Thats a problem with the person, not the drug or the law concerning the drug.

I disagree. Those who never thought of trying it probably wont try it just because it is legal all of a sudden. May they be more open to try it? Maybe. But i don't think if it was legalised tomorrow you would see thousands of people who never smoked before queueing up to get their first smoke.

As for ruining peoples life, are you having a laugh? Cannabis isn't any more likely, i'd even say it's less likely, to ruin someone's life than alcohol. If by ruin you mean someone may wake up a little bit later for work in the morning then sure but to actually ruin someones life? That again is a problem with the person, not the drug.

This is something me and my friends discuss often. If you could go out to a shop and smoke it there would we smoke more, the same or less? We don't really know. We think it could make us smoke less as it is so easily available and it would be a more sociably accepted act, going into a coffee shop having a few grams of the finest on offer and leaving it at that.

Truth be told, we don't know. Maybe the first time it's legal it will be a novelty and we will smoke more but i imagine it would become something like going to the pub.

Don't talk $#@!. The only addiction you will get from smoking is a mental addiction. There is no craving as something like heroin, cocaine or alcohol. It's all mind over matter. You don't break out into sweats like the other things i said because you don't have a physical dependency on it - it's probably easier to give up cannabis than it is to give up smoking cigarettes.

If anything it will save/make the taxpayer money. No longer arresting and putting people in prison for possession, it will cut out the dealers meaning the police can actually focus on proper crimes rather than wasting time patrolling for people smoking and then the government can go tax happy on cannabis and make a nice cut from all cannabis sold at legal places.

There are, in my eyes, more pro's to legalising than there are con's.
    Never be able to go out and smoke at a place because its a public building and thus you can't smoke indoors. Even shisha places you have to sit outside.

Also I agree. Legalise it and tax the $#@! out of it. Same if not more than cigarettes. Set an age of 18 to purchase. Let retailers decide if they want to sell it. They have to get a license and train staff etc. Also think ban smoking in the streets. Stuff smells far too much.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Thread Information