Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    Never be able to go out and smoke at a place because its a public building and thus you can't smoke indoors. Even shisha places you have to sit outside.

Also I agree. Legalise it and tax the $#@! out of it. Same if not more than cigarettes. Set an age of 18 to purchase. Let retailers decide if they want to sell it. They have to get a license and train staff etc. Also think ban smoking in the streets. Stuff smells far too much.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    With you on that one bro. But for the life of me there was a major reason that the government doesn't want to legalize it and I can't remember its gonna drive me crazy!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    Never be able to go out and smoke at a place because its a public building and thus you can't smoke indoors. Even shisha places you have to sit outside.

Also I agree. Legalise it and tax the $#@! out of it. Same if not more than cigarettes. Set an age of 18 to purchase. Let retailers decide if they want to sell it. They have to get a license and train staff etc. Also think ban smoking in the streets. Stuff smells far too much.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    I agree. Saying that, the no smoking indoor rule is all of the EU and yet you can still smoke indoors in Holland, they say your not supposed to smoke tobacco with it but you still can. Loopholes i guess

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    With you on that one bro. But for the life of me there was a major reason that the government doesn't want to legalize it and I can't remember its gonna drive me crazy!
    HEMP! Oil, paper and clothing industries are $#@! scared of the posibilites that hemp can bring that is why they lobby so hard to make sure it doesn't get legalised so they can continue to make thousands if not millions.

Hemp is a very versatile material that could completely mess up some industries.

Veteran
    Yes, because a population of potheads high in their homes with the munchies zoning out to some awesome music, watching a movie, playing games or sleeping is soo much worse then a population of drunks leaving the bars and clubs getting into fights and/or driving their cars potentially injuringOr even killing themselves and others.
    Last edited by faaeng; 11-08-2012 at 17:07.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

4. Likes mistercrow, BBK.. likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I agree. Saying that, the no smoking indoor rule is all of the EU and yet you can still smoke indoors in Holland, they say your not supposed to smoke tobacco with it but you still can. Loopholes i guess

HEMP! Oil, paper and clothing industries are $#@! scared of the posibilites that hemp can bring that is why they lobby so hard to make sure it doesn't get legalised so they can continue to make thousands if not millions.

Hemp is a very versatile material that could completely mess up some industries.
    That was it thanks bro!!! I feel that's the only reason why its not legal.

That was gonna drive me crazy!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    Items Yuna3d dot game heroesFinal Fantasy Tactics
    It's now officially legal for recreational use in Washington State (where I live), with I-502 passing with a margin of 55% to 44%. I voted yes, because my reasons is different from some others. A lot of you notice that we have a huge crime problem, especially when it comes to drugs. However, compare to something like crack and meth, marijuana is practically comparable to alcohol. It will be highly regulated, a individual must be 21 or over to by an ounce, and they cannot smoke in certain areas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Initiative_502

Me personally, I will not smoke it, since I am teetotaler/straight edge. However, doesn't mean marijuana should be illegal. Just look at Amsterdam in the Netherlands(as someone mentioned earlier): it's legal and the crime rate there is very low. I don't think the entire population in the State of Washington is going to light up, but when people do, they will breathe a sigh of relief they won't be arrested, because the police force will be after the REAL bad guys i.e. murderers and rapists.
    Last edited by LadyDuoMaxwell; 11-08-2012 at 17:28.

3DS: 1161-0781-8406
    STEAM: LadyDuoMaxwell

7. Likes Silvy likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Here is a link to the two states that legally sell weed

http://rt.com/usa/news/marijuana-col...-legalize-125/
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDuoMaxwell View Post
    It's now officially legal for recreational use in Washington State (where I live), with I-502 passing with a margin of 55% to 44%. I voted yes, because my reasons is different from some others. A lot of you notice that we have a huge crime problem, especially when it comes to drugs. However, compare to something like crack and meth, marijuana is practically comparable to alcohol. It will be highly regulated, a individual must be 21 or over to by an ounce, and they cannot smoke in certain areas.

Me personally, I will not smoke it, since I am teetotaler/straight edge. However, doesn't mean marijuana should be illegal. Just look at Amsterdam in the Netherlands(as someone mentioned earlier): it's legal and the crime rate there is very low. I don't think the entire population in the State of Washington is going to light up, but when people do, they will breathe a sigh of relief they won't be arrested, because the police force will be after the REAL bad guys i.e. murderers and rapists.
    Exactly stop with the cracking down on pothead and go after the real criminals that are ruining our communities!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

10. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Potheads are one of those who are ruining the communities as well. Not only real criminals. Before dealing with serious criminals you will have to deal with potheads at first.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDuoMaxwell View Post

Woot good job,man. I'm glad you voted. I wonder when we can vote in Nc? I'm voting yes.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I cant stand the smell of marijuana. I can barely stand the smell of cigarettes so imagine how much i hate marijuana. Cigars smell good but this weed crap is disgusting. Im glad im living in a country where weed would be legalized in the last place on earth.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Potheads are one of those who are ruining the communities as well. Not only real criminals. Before dealing with serious criminals you will have to deal with potheads at first.
    How exactly does a smoker destroy a community?

Watch out guys! See that smoker over there? One more joint and he will be attacking the nearest fast food joint!

Seriously, if you think a smoker can destroy a community I'd love to hear what you think drinkers do.

I'm on my phone but if someone could embed the video to 'The Streets - Irony of it all' I'd appreciate it. That song is brilliant for this situation.

15. Likes Admartian , mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I'd rather deal with someone that's high than drunk personally.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    How exactly does a smoker destroy a community?

Watch out guys! See that smoker over there? One more joint and he will be attacking the nearest fast food joint!

Seriously, if you think a smoker can destroy a community I'd love to hear what you think drinkers do.

I'm on my phone but if someone could embed the video to 'The Streets - Irony of it all' I'd appreciate it. That song is brilliant for this situation.
    I think you dont know what community means. Breaking the law isnt the only thing which affects community as a whole. Drugs cause a lot of problems in schools, environment etc. which are a part of community.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well i am happy it's not me, I rather be clear minded
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    I cant stand the smell of marijuana. I can barely stand the smell of cigarettes so imagine how much i hate marijuana. Cigars smell good but this weed crap is disgusting. Im glad im living in a country where weed would be legalized in the last place on earth.
    I'm about the same. I hate the smell of smoke, but the smell of a cigar is enticing. However, i don't smoke either of them. I have to disagree on the weed though because it has a variety of smells just like a cigar does.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC

Don't forget the sleeping pill industry. That's a billion dollar industry that would be out of business if consumers could use THC instead (since drugs like ZANAX are easy to overdose and die from, unlike weed, which is also natural).

And don't forget, if weed is legal, there will be plenty of ways to take it without smoking it. There will be plenty of food you could eat with THC inside. Hash Bakeries and what-not. So weed users could more easily take the drug in a more healthy way.

21. Likes mistercrow, Admartian likes this post
    Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Exactly stop with the cracking down on pothead and go after the real criminals that are ruining our communities!
    Pretty much man. The smokers I know happen to be some of the kindest people you'd ever meet. Definately don't think we're ruining the community.

The taxes on legalized weed just scares me though, but I guess small trade off for being able to puff safely..
    Last edited by imINxile; 11-08-2012 at 18:26.

23. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    And don't forget, if weed is legal, there will be plenty of ways to take it without smoking it. There will be plenty of food you could eat with THC inside. Hash Bakeries and what-not. So weed users could more easily take the drug in a more healthy way.
    Reading this I just remembered something that we sell over here. You can buy Cannabis Energy Drinks over here, it's just an energy drink with I think THC or some other extract from the cannabis plant.

It might be sold in other countries too but I've never seen it anywhere else..

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    Cannabis Energy Drinks
    Seems like kind of a contradictory drink. lol

You ever try it?

Super Elite
    It does sound contradicting right?

I haven't tried it personally. It's pretty expensive, 1 euro for a 250ml can even though a can of Monster (500ml) goes for 1,30. I might buy a can or 2 soon as I like trying out different energy drinks.

They sell 'em in some stores and you can buy it online; http://www.candyonline.nl/Webwinkel-...is-Energy.html

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Seems like kind of a contradictory drink. lol

You ever try it?
    I have tried them a lot of times. There is a cannabis ice tea and you can buy it in the vending machine here in Switzerland. It just has added flavour but doesnt affect you at all.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I tried it and it sucks

Forum Sage
    I think you dont know what community means. Breaking the law isnt the only thing which affects community as a whole. Drugs cause a lot of problems in schools, environment etc. which are a part of community.
    I'm more than aware of what community means. I just don't think legalising cannabis would break down a community. If community's can survive with people drinking alcohol - they can survive from people smoking cannabis. As with everything the responsibility lies with the user and parents of underage kids trying it.

Don't forget the sleeping pill industry. That's a billion dollar industry that would be out of business if consumers could use THC instead (since drugs like ZANAX are easy to overdose and die from, unlike weed, which is also natural).

Very good points. I didn't even think about the effect it could have on sleeping pills or even the pharmaceutical industry. You can see why so many companies would be against it becoming legal!

Your right about the healthier ways to take it. Eating it and using a vaporiser are both infinitely more healthy for the user. Smoking is just the quickest and simplest way to get the THC even though burning it kills most of it.

Reduce the amount of people smoking it and that already cuts the small amount of danger it has

30. Likes mistercrow, Admartian likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Canibus energy drink and no side effect? What's it taste like and what's the point if there is no effect? Just curious..

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Thats the real reason right there. The pharmacutical companies stand to lose big money as people self medicate instead of buying sleeping aids and whatnot. Thats why the federal supreme court will strike down these propositions.

Thread Information