Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Superior Member

What Square Enix needs to do is give Final Fantasy a break. Go ahead and release FFvsXIII, FFXIV and then take their sweet time with XV. Square Enix needs to come up with new franchises and revive some of their older tittles that fans haven't seen in a while (Seiken Densetsu, Chrono, maybe another SaGa) but mainly new franchises. And not so many at once. Concentrate resources on 2 or 3 games at a time. No more. And console exclusivity so they can make full use of a particular hardware. Square Enix is trying too hard to be the Japanese version of EA, and I don't think that model works very well in their country.
    Shinei!

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Considering they are getting no growth or revenue whatsoever from FFXIV right now, I'd say that puts a substantial damper on their earnings forecast. Add on top of that, they are re-developing the server and user client software entirely, and it's going to be a major drain. Servers are still operating in the meantime and they are running the alpha/beta testing phase all over again. For all intents and purposes, whatever earnings Square-Enix thought they were going to get from the title, they have instead, absorbed the cost of it's development almost completely.

Failing MMOs are not just bad business, they are very bad business.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    What they need to do is hurry up and release FF Versus, FFX HD, Kingdom Hearts 3, all the others in an HD collection, and stop with all these games that noone wants.

Its to the point right now where any SE developed titles they actually release I have no interest in, its all the ones they acquired through Eidos that has my interest.
    Last edited by Fenix; 11-22-2012 at 02:14.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    What they need to do is hurry up and release FF Versus, FFX HD, Kingdom Hearts 3, all the others in an HD collection, and stop with all these games that noone wants.
    Uhhh.. Have you learned nothing from seeing what SE does when they "hurry up" and get a game out?
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

PSN ID
    icup_noodles
    damn, just cause 2 ftw

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Its to the point right now where any SE developed titles they actually release I have no interest in, its all the ones they acquired through Eidos that has my interest.
    Yeah. I'm really looking forward to Deus Ex 4.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Thread Information