Latest PSU headlines:

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox

Games (technical) Optimization

First of all i would like to say that im very interested on how games are being optimized whether the game is being developed for consoles or personal computers. Recent generation of games are poorly optimized but i i think that technical optimization of a game is being underestimated nowadays which is something very bad. I always thought that the technical aspects of a game are priority number 1 which are being followed by gameplay, graphics, sound.

So could you tell me more precisely how games are being optimized and their engines.
    Also lets discuss about technical optimization being underestimated.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'd have to say they are optimized by using the abilities of the developers to use more efficient routines in the code. The more and more experience and talent they have working, the more they find better ways to improve their engine/code in order to optimize the experience.

There are a few members that can probably do a really good job of breaking it down into a more technical aspect though. Here's hoping.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I agree that it depends on developers and on their experience but the problem is that optimization needs a decent amount of time and current generation games are being developed very fast and in a very tight limit and thats one of the reasons why games arent good optimized these days as developers dont get enough time.

Thread Information