Latest PSU headlines:

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style

Mike Rowe (dirty jobs) on Lamb Castration, peta, and American Labor

I know this is an old video but this is the first time I came across this video of Mike Rowe discussing the importance of all these jobs. not just about lamb castration, but american Labor in general.

What do you think about what he says?

I personally agree with him completely but at the same time I can't help but enjoy listening to this guy talk, he is very intelligent imo when it comes to this stuff.

What makes his speech so much better is that in another interview he stated he didn't know what to talk about while he was walking up to the stage. He didn't have speech/note cards or anything, he was just talking and going along with what he was actually thinking O.O

Do you believe following your "dream" is going to make you happier, make you broke, etc etc or Sometimes going for the underdog job can lead you to happiness?

Do you think the "Grandfather" stuff taught to a lot of us is vanishing in todays kids and more so maybe in future children?

do you think we have waged a war on work in general, if so what could we do to make it better?

I do have to say in my experience that he's right in a way that a lot of people not doing their dream job but more of a dirty job can definitely be and tend to be happier than people think.

Last edited by Bigdoggy; 11-09-2012 at 17:57.

2. Likes claud3, DeviousOne , Kuro , DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    He's an awesome guy for sure. Great video. I watch stuff he's in all the time.

El Presidente
    I like him too. He's funny but you can tell just listening to him that he is an intelligent guy.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Unfortunately, the wife watches too. She learns about things I should be doing lol, and now I have more to do thanks to Rowe!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Fantastic and insightful video, loved every second of it.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I used to watch his show all the time cool vid!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Well rather him than me

He is straight up. Fetish king and good for him
    Last edited by claud3; 11-09-2012 at 14:08.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    What I started thinking about when watching both of these videos was that my grandfather was someone trying to pass down his skills to me. I've noticed this about a lot of grandfathers out their. The hard working grandfathers, ones that were in WWII as well as ones that have had skilled jobs, they always try their hardest to pass down those skills to their grandchildren. Whether it's fixing your own house plumbing to doing your own house work or automobile fixes be it just a head light or blinker, tire or oil. even the small things like that I kind of see vanishing, not at a speedy rapid pace but it is still kind of disappear. more like family values and stuff like that. be it boy scouts, camping, etc etc.

my grandfather was like that in a way, he only lived a mile from my mother and I. He would come over almost everyday and work in his shed making stuff and selling them at Amish Auctions. but every single time a toilet was clogged, to the shower crapping out. He would always say "now watch how I do this". the main message wasn't just for fixing but it was "do the stuff yourself, don't try to rely on others if you know you can do this yourself. but yea, "watch how I do this so when you grow up you know what to do". grandfather stuff.... He would also wake me up at 5:30am to go out and collect aluminum cans. by the end of the year we would being them to this place and we ended up getting over $120 for them. o.O lessons learned, the value of saving money as well as little stuff like that which makes money. just unbelievable.

Thread Information