Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Maybe activision is releasing or developing a console of their own??
    The sad part is it would be successful to. They'll have all the greatest games. We know Cod is going to be on there. Then the spinoffs start coming.Call of duty and poke'mon somehow fuse together. The limited edition will be called Call of poke'mon "gotta catch em all" edition.Instead of grenades you'll have voltorb. Next you'll have Call of the spartans "Halo edition" and all the players will be equip with jet backs and now have a health meter with refilling health. Oh and my personal favorite will be call of duty's attempt to sell in japan. They will call it Call of duty:Godzilla ops. Of course godzilla will be destroying the city and a bunch of kids, from school, form a pack to stop godzilla. Instead of grabbing their $#@!s from watching all that hentai they'll be grabbing up guns to stop the evil Godzilla from destroying there home.It will be made into a Rpg and ever guy you kill will gain you xp so you can raise your stats.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I thought activision was for sale?

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Not literally that there is Cell architecture on-chip. Just that one full core can easily emulate one SPU, with 8 full cores. This would be just for BC (backward compatibility) and the PS4 will be running in almost idle mode running in PS3 configuration.

It doesn't really have much to do with next gen. As far as next gen goes, it is pedal to the metal with whatever dual Power7 with 16 full cores can do, which is going to be a hella lot.
    Isn't Sony going with AMD?

In either case, I don't think we'll see Cell processor emulation at full speed for a while.

Super Elite
    Doesn't anybody think this is media spin?
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    The sad part is it would be successful to. They'll have all the greatest games. We know Cod is going to be on there. Then the spinoffs start coming.Call of duty and poke'mon somehow fuse together. The limited edition will be called Call of poke'mon "gotta catch em all" edition.Instead of grenades you'll have voltorb. Next you'll have Call of the spartans "Halo edition" and all the players will be equip with jet backs and now have a health meter with refilling health. Oh and my personal favorite will be call of duty's attempt to sell in japan. They will call it Call of duty:Godzilla ops. Of course godzilla will be destroying the city and a bunch of kids, from school, form a pack to stop godzilla. Instead of grabbing their $#@!s from watching all that hentai they'll be grabbing up guns to stop the evil Godzilla from destroying there home.It will be made into a Rpg and ever guy you kill will gain you xp so you can raise your stats.
    "All the good games".

Lol no, they have CoD and that's it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Would it better either of them in the long run to launch a year after the other? Or worsen their stance? Frankly given the duration of this gen I expect new hardware at this years E3, but if not they better make up for it in kick ass quality games!
    If this generation is any indication, the console that releases later than the other will have a harder time getting into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    "All the good games".

Lol no, they have CoD and that's it.
    I know. I was just making fun of them.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Elder
    old news, but.....

Bungie's next game Destiny will launch in the autumn of 2013 initially on Xbox 360 and the next Xbox, according to the former Halo developer's contract with new publisher Activision.
    http://www.eurogamer.bungies-mmo-style-sci-fi-fps-destiny-out-2013-as-a-360-and-nextxbox-timed-exclusive

Veteran
    The subject line shouldn't even be a question. It has been a given for quite awhile that the next gen xbox was the next console after Wii-U. The fact its now identified as Xbox Surface Stationary is one indicator starting to confirm the long-running rumors (almost all which have been totally wrong regarding the hardware). MS is skipping Consumer Electronics Show 2013 since they were asked not to do the keynote anymore. That almost certainly points to the Xbox Surface Stationary being announced at E3 2013. Sony has indicated 2014 for the PS4 for at least the past couple years.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    So pretty much whether its a misread or not, this is just another tidbit that we're thinking in the right direction. To be honest I don't see Nintendo being totally in their own world. The fact that the WiiU is due could only mean at least one more console is to follow in the next year. I too only hope the launch games will be exemplary a healthy taste of whats to come.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    For me, it's hard not to see both out at the same time - whether it be next year or not. If they're not out simultaneously, I think only a few months at the very most will separate them.

For Sony, they need to release one to revive and sustain interest in the brand in these waning years. For MS, they want to capitalise on they re-worked Windows 8/Surface/etc ecosystem.

Delaying further for both companies wouldn't be a disastrous move, but it'd be in their best interests to release not too far out from 2013.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

12. Likes mynd likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Doesn't anybody think this is media spin?
    Yes.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-12-2012 at 02:31.

Ultimate Veteran
    MS could launch the 720 frist and then sony in 2014 but sony cant afford to launch after a year again it will kill them

Hopefully the PS4! I been waiting a while to see it come out.

Ultimate Veteran
    i hope its the PS4 but we will never know

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    if the PS4 and it's development kits are true that they are modded PC's, then I am sure it's safe to say that the PS4 will be released in 2013. if Sony does go with the "modified PC devkits" which would mean that the PS4 console itself would be a modified PC, then this is the smartest move sony could have ever done as well as the system basically being a PC with controllers, we will see a lot of basement dev/indie/underground dev support.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Please. It only means Sony conforms to all these idiots who don't event know in the slightest how to encode for a multi-threaded program/game. No forgiveness from Me that's for sure!!!

P.S. Aren't they essentially modded PC's anyway? just different hardware combos?
    Last edited by D3seeker; 11-30-2012 at 08:39.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I'm pretty sure both consoles will be on the market by Christmas 2014 at the LATEST.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Elder
    activision/bungie are releasing a game next year on 360 and 720.

is it so hard to understand what the likely new console is?

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    Please. It only means Sony conforms to all these idiots who don't event know in the slightest how to encode for a multi-threaded program/game. No forgiveness from Me that's for sure!!!

P.S. Aren't they essentially modded PC's anyway? just different hardware combos?
    a modded PC wouldn't be what the PS3 devkits are nor is it what the PS3 is in the first place. A modded PC console is basically a system that behaves like a PC, is coded like a PC but with customized GPU's and CPU's so it isn't so outdated in 5 years like a normal PC would be. For example, my 8800GTX is really outdated after 5 years, now if it was made for a console and customized/tweaked it wouldn't be nearly outdated in 5 years time but it would still be outdated.

Thread Information