Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I do and i will continue to do so, until another product comes out that I prefer

That's fine as well. As everyone says, the best thing you can do is vote with your wallet. If you dislike their products and/or the way that they do business, don't purchase any of their products. Personally, I like their products and couldn't care less about who they want to sue and why.

I disagree that I am paying for the logo alone. I understand I am paying a premium whenever i buy an Apple product (my friends won't let it go that i bought an iPhone for £600) as there are other products that are just as good and maybe even better in certain areas however the other products don't appeal to me and the benefits of having iTunes and the Appstore as well as Apple products always having fantastic build quality as well as a nice design they out weight the extra bit of money I spend.

Ancient
    The 3DS is screwed, in fact every HD TV is $#@!ed and is everything else thats shaped rectangular with rounded edges.....thats everything right?
    We just need the company that first did it to sue the $#@! out of Apple to teach them a lesson

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 11-10-2012 at 18:34.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

3. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    i am $#@!ed, i am shaped like that
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

5. Likes Noxia likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Nah you're rough around the edges.

7. Likes Lebowski , claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    cheers mate to kind

But it's crazy the prices these products are and yes some may hate this. But you are buying the logo... Just like any high end company... You are buy the logo first and the tech second
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I understand where apple is coming but when your a big company like they are you can be so damn petty looks bad in the public eye

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    like they care how they look, each month or months they make billions

But they not the only company out their choking the life out of small business's

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    cheers mate to kind

But it's crazy the prices these products are and yes some may hate this. But you are buying the logo... Just like any high end company... You are buy the logo first and the tech second
    Again, I disagree. I don't think i'm paying for the logo. I'm paying for the brand behind the logo because i associate them with something worth the money.

If Apple were to start releasing $#@! and just slapped their logo on it, i wouldn't purchase it. However, Apple continue to make decent products and I think the price is worth it so i continue to buy them.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Again, I disagree. I don't think i'm paying for the logo. I'm paying for the brand behind the logo because i associate them with something worth the money.

If Apple were to start releasing $#@! and just slapped their logo on it, i wouldn't purchase it. However, Apple continue to make decent products and I think the price is worth it so i continue to buy them.
    in bold, means you have not got a lot of faith in them if its just decent products mate

they have to be epic for that price or any price over £300

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    The 3DS is screwed, in fact every HD TV is $#@!ed and is everything else thats shaped rectangular with rounded edges.....thats everything right?
    We just need the company that first did it to sue the $#@! out of Apple to teach them a lesson

Sent via Codec
    not sure if they were the first but in my oldest memories of rectangle electronics with round edges, my first walman definitely falls under that category and I remember thinking how cool it was that it didn't look like a box!!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Elite Sage
    in bold, means you have not got a lot of faith in them if its just decent products mate

they have to be epic for that price or any price over £300
    replace the word decent with whatever positive word you want to swap it with, if I didn't think it would be a good product I would've never bought something from them in the first place however I feel as if they do make quality products so I am comfortable spending money on them

I hold just as much faith in apple products as I do with products from Sony, Samsung, Asus, LG or any other company. They are just companies, if they being out good products I will buy them. If they bring out $#@!, they shouldn't expect me to buy it on brand power alone.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    The iPad mini is actually quite a nice device. I have an iPad 3 and i would still buy an iPad Mini once they decided to release one with a retina display. Why? Because it is much nicer to hold as it is incredibly light compared to the standard iPad.

The sad thing is millions of people are quite upset about the success Apple are having as of late and result to stupid remarks. Ironically i find it funny that the mindless drones tend to be the ones who jump on the Apple hate wagon spewing their opinions.

As F34R already pointed out, I do hope you have an issue with the Nexus 7 once the Nexus 10 is released.

The audacity of a company releasing new products. How DARE they!

I understand where Apple are coming from. While it is a very petty patent it's understandable, they want to protect their IP and so they should. Lets be honest, Samsung have taken a lot of inspiration from Apple...
    They wee hardly the first though. Neatly all phones were rectangular with rounded edges. I remember LG claimed apple copied the chocolate when the iPhone came out. Not sure what the resolution was.

I do and i will continue to do so, until another product comes out that I prefer

That's fine as well. As everyone says, the best thing you can do is vote with your wallet. If you dislike their products and/or the way that they do business, don't purchase any of their products. Personally, I like their products and couldn't care less about who they want to sue and why.

I disagree that I am paying for the logo alone. I understand I am paying a premium whenever i buy an Apple product (my friends won't let it go that i bought an iPhone for £600) as there are other products that are just as good and maybe even better in certain areas however the other products don't appeal to me and the benefits of having iTunes and the Appstore as well as Apple products always having fantastic build quality as well as a nice design they out weight the extra bit of money I spend.
    ITunes is a positive ? Urghhh

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    replace the word decent with whatever positive word you want to swap it with, if I didn't think it would be a good product I would've never bought something from them in the first place however I feel as if they do make quality products so I am comfortable spending money on them

I hold just as much faith in apple products as I do with products from Sony, Samsung, Asus, LG or any other company. They are just companies, if they being out good products I will buy them. If they bring out $#@!, they shouldn't expect me to buy it on brand power alone.

ok fair enough i get what you are saying

I guess i see it from a different angle mate

17. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    If memory serves right SONY had the range of k550 released 4 months BEFORE the original iPhone and motorola i'm sure had a similar shaped phone way before that

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Can't believe a patent like this was passed in the first place!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    yep, it should be a free market for everyone

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    They wee hardly the first though. Neatly all phones were rectangular with rounded edges. I remember LG claimed apple copied the chocolate when the iPhone came out. Not sure what the resolution was.

ITunes is a positive ? Urghhh

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    LG certainly had a case. Remember the Prada?

And yes, i do like iTunes, makes getting podcasts directly to my phone very easy. I don't buy music through it because it's only 128k so i mainly use it for podcasts.

ok fair enough i get what you are saying

I guess i see it from a different angle mate
    Neither of us are right or wrong. It's all about buying options

22. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Neither of us are right or wrong. It's all about buying options
    what appeals to the man, the man will buy i guess

so we agree to disagree and fight another day

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Apple isn't to blame here. The agency that granted the patent is the "crook". Nothing wrong with companies patenting things, designing, etc. I mean, they do it for profit, ya know... companies wanna make money at times.
    Finally some common sense in here! I swear people are getting dumber by the minute.

Apple did not give themselves said patent, they were awarded the patent by the respective agency. If anything, go hate on them. Plus Samsung (or any other competitor for that matter) could easily do something similar if they were smart enough.

This is called 'business' and you'd do the same if you had the chance.

There is a reason why Apple is as successful as it is. Figure it out.
    Last edited by Wrath; 11-10-2012 at 21:01.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Finally some common sense in here! I swear people are getting dumber by the minute.

Apple did not give themselves said patent, they were awarded the patent by the respective agency. If anything, go hate on them. Plus Samsung (or any other competitor for that matter) could easily do something similar if they were smart enough.

This is called 'business' and you'd do the same if you had the chance.

There is a reason why Apple is as successful as it is. Figure it out.
    Sure, Apple is taking full advantage of a system that is skewed to the largest companies that have the capital to patent and litigate, but doesn't mean they get away without any negative impact.

Are they playing by the rules, maybe/probably, but the negative image they create for themselves by being bullies is deserved.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Apple is playing within the legal laws and system structure but its so petty I don't see it worth the hit they are going to take in the public eye.

They already have the name just use creative marketing like samsung does dissing the iphone all the time...shame on the patent office for approving this ridiculous patent

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Sure, Apple is taking full advantage of a system that is skewed to the largest companies that have the capital to patent and litigate, but doesn't mean they get away without any negative impact.

Are they playing by the rules, maybe/probably, but the negative image they create for themselves by being bullies is deserved.
    Sorry, but this negative image you speak off must be exclusive to hardcore internet forums like this one.

Otherwise, we wouldn't see so many people buying iPhones over other smartphones or Apple becoming the world's first trillion dollar company. And please don't tell me now that the majority of Apple fans are mindless fools. This pathetic excuse has run its course.
    Last edited by Wrath; 11-10-2012 at 21:37.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    They already have the name just use creative marketing like samsung does dissing the iphone all the time...shame on the patent office for approving this ridiculous patent
    According to commercial law advertising campaigns that are intentionally mocking competitive products or brands fall under the category of 'unfair competition' and can result in law suits.

No, this is NOT the way to go.
    Last edited by Wrath; 11-10-2012 at 21:35.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    According to commercial law, advertising campaigns that are intentionally mocking competitive products or brands fall under the category of 'unfair competition'. No, this is NOT the way to go in the slightest.
    Source?

And explanation of the current samsung commercial that air intentionally mocking the iphone and lack of features compared to the S3?

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Source?

And explanation of the current samsung commercial that air intentionally mocking the iphone and lack of features compared to the S3?
    My law teacher at university is my source. We examined this very paragraph a few months ago.

And I was talking about the situation in general without going into specifics.

Thread Information