Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

My Drinking and Driving story (pls dont drink & drive)

Just wanted to share this in hopes that it will help anyone here on the forum and prevent them from drinking and driving...

This happened one year ago on 11/11/2011 (of all days) went out with my current gf to meet up with some friends have some drinks dance do some karaoke ect ect...We had just started dating 2 months previously. At this time i would say i was carriing around the whole weight of family issues also the stress of a new job (my current job) but my relationship was good. For the most part the major feeling i had was I felt unappreciated by my family and everyone close to me. Stupid me but everyone goes thru it. Long story short i have no idea what happened in the accident. I was obviously speeding lost control and ran into a pole off the freeway. I wasnt wearing a seat belt apparently i flew from my drivers seat my gf had her on and my head hit the wind shield and i dropped onto her lap. At this point she is thinking im dead then i get consciousness have her call my dad cops show up pull me out of my car im standing there and the ambulance showed up and took me to the hospital. I remember the ride to the hospital and the guy telling me YOU NEED TO SOBER UP!! the cops are going to come to the hospital and give you a DUI also test you. Next thing i know Im in a hospital bed and i see my parents i get up from the bed like nothing happened my face is bleeding im covered in blood and they take me to my house. Reason being had the cop got to the hospital i would've got a DUI spend about 10k and had my license suspended which would've ruined my job life and just getting around. I was so wasted i felt no pain im talking $#@! like " I should've died" and "the family doesn't appreciate me"

Next day im in extreme pain my face is all scabbed up i cant move my side of my body that hit the windshield. lucky i didnt have to go back to work till sunday. My mom comes to my house and is crying because she has just seen my car. She said it looked like who ever was in the car Died. At this point im in so much pain and mentally im thinking im too old and too smart for this to happen to me previous to this accident i took so many chances driving wasted home and got lucky. Well my luck ran out I realized that God kept me alive for some reason idk why but i was humbled alot of things happened because After it happened i did alot of thinking my drinking got worse had another episode but nothing with me driving just me running my mouth. It took until my birthday for me to get it thru my thick head and i did and I haven't since that day i totaled my old car i will never drink and drive if im going to drink i drink in my house and hide my keys. I almost lost everything and I walked away and i should've been dead and the worse part is I could've gotten my gf killed.

A picture is worth a thousand words here they are. you can see on the windshield where my head hit.

So from the bottom of my heart i hope this message gets thru to anyone who may think or if anyone one of your friends or family decides to drink and drive you remember this story and pictures. Its the holidays and I personally know how stressful it could be and a lot of people drink and do stupid things. I would HATE to hear anyone of my friends family or forum member went out like this. Life is too short and it can be taken away so quick because of pent up frustration or grudges ect make you drink and do stupid things. Let things go, forgive quickly cause nobody knows when its your time to go. Enjoy life and appreciate everyone that cares about you $#@! all the negative $#@! cause you could be dead like i almost was.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Real $#@!, Deev. Took a lot of balls. I've done my share and drinking and driving. It's stupid and you put peoples lives endanger. Don't be that tool. Good $#@!, Deev! Glad you got your head on straight now my nig. I was once there, too.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

3. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Meh, I can't really drink much alcohol due to my liver being unable to break it down properly. But seriously what the hell?, you could have killed someone or an entire family.

5. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    No one is perfect, Devious. $#@! happens. As long as you don't make the same mistake again then you'll be good in my book.I'm sorry that happened to you though. Drinking usually makes things worse or better temporarily.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

7. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    You were lucky to be alive.

As Silver said, no ones perfect but at least you've learned from past mistakes. Its a shame it took something like that to make the change but at least no one was hurt

9. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    You were lucky to be alive.

As Silver said, no ones perfect but at least you've learned from past mistakes. Its a shame it took something like that to make the change but at least no one was hurt
    Agreed on the bold but it's a eye opener. I know some people even when tragedies happens to them they fall right back into the same thing. So him not drinking and driving is a good improvement.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Thanks for sharing your experience, glad to hear you learned from it. That was definitely one time that your body was ready.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

12. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Not wearing the seatbelt is utterly retarded. I don't even understand why people would even do that (regardless of being drunk). I subconsciously do it every time I get in a car.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

14. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Was that a Volkswagen Golf? Ah doesnt matter bro, i would still drink and drive in a such car

16. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by bash View Post
    Not wearing the seatbelt is utterly retarded. I don't even understand why people would even do that (regardless of being drunk). I subconsciously do it every time I get in a car.
    Indeed.
    I did similar ing in 2006 and ended up backwards in someones living room I wore seatbelt my passenger didn't and he had a broken face and had to have his jaw wired shut for a number of weeks I had a cut head and bruised shoulder.

18. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    Done it myself when i was 18 got caught got banned, didn't crash didn't even start the car (but was going too) biggest regret of my life even now when i think back what could of happened i shudder. The thing it has done is given me insight ive never even contemplated doing it again since and ive learned a lot about alcohol (got sent on a course by police) and a lot about self worth. i was young stupid and trying impress people i didn't even care about.

Deev top man for coming forward with such a thing ive found over the years people have a strong opinion when it comes to drinking and driving (and rightly so) but if putting your story on these forums makes even just one person stop and think what there doing then it is indeed worth it. We all make mistakes its just how we learn from them that makes us who we are.
    New member of the PS4 club

20. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Meh, I can't really drink much alcohol due to my liver being unable to break it down properly. But seriously what the hell?, you could have killed someone or an entire family.
    Agreed bro im not making any excuses it couldve been worse i couldve hurt innocent people.

Heres the only picture i have of me after the accident (please notate I was Hopped up on Oxycontin they gave me at the hospital) LOL

This was about a couple days after most of the scabbing was gone on my face and i had some things on my arm.

The car i had was a VW golf GTi Trek Edition it was my daily driver before i wrecked it that little car saved my life. It was 5 speed so my gf couldnt drive it thats why my current DD is auto its come in once.

My body was most def ready LMAO...

@bash Agreed it was stupid to not were my seat belt obviously learn that as well...

If my coming forward with this story saves just one person than it was worth it. This is the time of year drinking and driving happen the most. be safe out there bro's!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

22. Likes Kuro likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I was Hopped up on Oxycontin they gave me at the hospital)
    Yeah, the Magic jersey is clear evidence of that.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

24. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    Yeah, the Magic jersey is clear evidence of that.
    Hey we had Dwight Howard then we had a chance now we are trying to win the lotto!!! Awww sshhieettt lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    It could have been worse mate. I mean you could have just sensationalized the situation for it to appeal to me

But I am hoping you have learned a important lesson mate. Think before you drink and always wear you're seatbelt
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Absolutely mate couldve been way worse I couldve never been here to tell this story but I know always wear my seat belt and will not drink and drive again.

This is why if I'm going to drink ill just stay in my house and have people over if they get wasted I have 2 extra bedrooms in my house they can sleep it off. If I go out I just ride with my GF she's not much of a drinker and she will be my DD I've since the accident have done that she has no issue with that at all.

Its been exactly a year since its happened so much has changed for the better.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

28. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well, I am truly happy you are safe and understand the lessons from this

And stay safe mate, your awsome
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

30. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    $#@! man. That's crazy bro thankfully no one else got hurt. Glad you made it out ok in one piece homie God Bless!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

32. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    $#@! man. That's crazy bro thankfully no one else got hurt. Glad you made it out ok in one piece homie God Bless!
    Thanks homie it wasnt my time to go i needed to be around to co found Bro appriecation day! LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

34. Likes Kuro likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    No one is perfect, Devious. $#@! happens.
    No way! You can not put an excuse on this. $#@! does not just happen. Devious $#@!ed up big time and got very lucky nobody was seriously hurt.

I am glad he shared his story so hopefully nobody else $#@!s up like this.

36. Likes Fon likes this post
    Master Guru
    Drinking and driving gets no dolphin's seals of approval.

edit; I considered doing it one time a mistake. It happens. If he was doing it consistently then it would've been different. It's true that he could've hurt someone but humans hurt people all the time. Even on here people say offensive stuff to others and they don't know how it makes them feel. It's not worse than a car wreck granted but it can lead to something worse.
    Last edited by Silvy; 11-11-2012 at 18:22.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Lmao that and someone has to keep these bodies ready!
    Plus the Ku-Cla-Sil-De chain wouldn't have been the same without you.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well i got drunk and broke my mouth... that is not as worse as yours, but it hurt massively

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Gotta keep everyones bodies ready! Lmao

But def no excuses I'm a man and I can admit that the level of stupidity of that whole situation could've be avoided. I learned the hard way and got lucky.

A lot of people can be effected by an dumb individual decision made by ONE person to get behind the wheel wasted.

I'm not saying don't drink by all means enjoy a beer or two do it safely.

I know for a fact within my family it has saved my little brothers. Like on Halloween my brother was wasted he called me and asked me to give him a ride to go out when we were just gonna meet up. I had no problem going out and making sure everyone got home safe. I'd do it for any of my friends and have.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

41. Likes claud3, Kuro likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Unfortunately, this will never save a life, other than yours. That's just how it is. No one thinks this could happen to them. I can't tell ya how many talks I've had with people in the past 13 years... pulling someone over that was drinking and driving in so many different degrees, levels; yet, I see 'em again, and again. The last one I was involved with before I was hit by a car... I have arrested him twice for DUI. So, him and his friend were going to a bar, and I had JUST talked to them about twenty mins before they went. I saw them up town, and stopped and talked with them. Neither had any smell of alcohol on 'em, they were pretty happy about going out, etc. They told me they were going to go drink some, and his friend wasn't going to because he was the only one with the license to drive, blah blah...

Around 12:30pm, just turned Sunday, so the bars close at midnight... we get a call to go to the scene of an accident, horrific one. Possible 10-7 involved (death). I get there, and I recognize what's left of the truck. His friend drank so much, he couldn't even get into the vehicle on his own. He helped the guy in, an decided, "hey, never been in a wreck before even though I drink all the time, I'll drive". So, while his friend was fine, he was barely able to breath four times a minute, his head was smashed to $#@!, and his back was broken so badly. It took almost twenty mins to cut him out of the truck as fast as we could, while a paramedic continuously gave him cpr, controlled the bleeding, and held this guys next securely.

Well, he's not with us anymore. It was his last drink. I've been on too many of these kinds of wrecks. You, me, anyone else, can continue telling people of the things that has happened to others, or the possibilities that can happen, etc. The only thing people know is that it's never happened to them.

Thread Information