Latest PSU headlines:

Dedicated Member

Confirmed : PS Move Racing wheel works with ALL racing games on the ps3

[UPDATE] I've got confirmation that the PS Move Racing Wheel will indeed work with games that do not officially support the Move. Moreover, Albert provided the following photos (click to enlarge) from the Racing Wheel manual describing the setup procedure for games "that do not display the setup screens for the PS Move motion controller" (that is, games with no Move support).

According to reports online, it appears the PlayStation Move Racing Wheel doesn't work solely with games supporting it. Apparently, it works with any game, even those with no Move compatibility whatsoever.

Wait. What? That's exactly my reaction to the findings shared by fellow iWaggle3D reader and early adopter of the new Move peripheral Albert Chen (@trioptical).

According to Albert's early tests, the Racing Wheel seems to be working with games that it's not supposed to work with, provided the Move is attached to the device and set to controller port 1. You don't even need the PS Eye camera (the Move sphere doesn't light up at all).

Albert allegedly tried the device with games such as Need For Speed Shift 2 (no official Move support), Gran Turismo 5 (no official Move support yet - although a patch is planned) and, oddly enough, even Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (no official Move support, of course). Result? It works!

Even tho said games do not recognize the Move + Racing Wheel combo as such, they do apparently read its inputs as coming from a regular DualShock 3 controller. Therefore the Racing Wheel face buttons are registered as regular DS3 face buttons, its potentiometer triggers as L2/R2, its twist throttle as R2, its paddle shifters as L1/R1, and, more importantly, the device tilting as the DS3 left analog stick titling.

What the last bit implies is that any racing game using the left analog stick to steer (that is, all of them) is already compatible with the PlayStation Move Racing Wheel. Moreover, it looks like the motion tracking in "unsupported" games is spot on as Albert reports that "the virtual steering hands in GT5's cockpit view are basically 1:1 with wheel".

If confirmed (I have no reason not to believe Albert, but I'm filing this as a "rumor" while I wait for an official confirmation from Sony), this news could be tremendously beneficial to the adoption rate of the PlayStation Move Racing Wheel. Especially if you take into account the fact that you don't need a PS Eye to get it to work. Just one Move would do.

Of course, games supporting the device natively, such as Motorstorm: Apocalypse (which is already compatible as this photo taken by Albert testifies) will likely provide a better experience (as a matter of fact, in Motorstorm: Apocalypse the paddle shifters don't double as L1/R1, but rather as Square and Circle for ramming left or right), but then again the prospect of "motion steering" as well as of squeezing some proper triggers even in racing games oblivious of its very existence does turn the Racing Wheel into more valuable proposition than initially expected.

For more information about the PlayStation Move Racing Wheel and the games supporting it natively please refer to our previous coverage. Or check the video embedded below for an overview of the device.

Thanks again to Albert Chen for the heads-up!
    Source.

Awesome news for anyone wanting to buy the Move Racing wheel ( like me).

Mods can close it if already posted, I searched and looked around the forums but didn't find it.
    Last edited by PS3-The Ultimate Machine; 11-11-2012 at 07:16. Reason: Video Added

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Yay! or not.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm not into it myself,
    But that's some really good stuff! Working retroactively with every game that supports a wheel is great

Via Tapatalk

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Forum Guru
    Very nice, but I think Ill stick to my G25. May pick it up for my nephews tho. Id rather the possibility that they break that then the logitech haha
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Very nice, but I think Ill stick to my G25. May pick it up for my nephews tho. Id rather the possibility that they break that then the logitech haha
    This is for sure not targeted at the diehard sims and such, but with Karting games and arcade racers like NFS MW, and Motorstorm Apocalypse, it's a cheaper and easier alternative. Plus since it works with any game that doesn't use the right stick too much, you can use it flight games like Ace Combat.
    I haven't picked one up yet, because I'm not that into racers, but it certainly looks enticing for Ace Combat alone.

Thread Information