Super Elite

Sticky button problem

I have kids. They get crap on my controllers. My other console's don't usually have problem but for some reason my PS3 controllers get sticky buttons. I depress the buttons and they stick for a second. The ones that do this the worst are the shoulder buttons. I have 4 controllers. One became completely unusable, another is annoying, a third is functional, and one is perfect (it's the newest). Anyone else have these problems and have a suggestion for a fix? Why does this only happen to the PS3 controllers? Are the buttons too shallow into the base of the controller or something?
    Last edited by Typical guy; 11-12-2012 at 00:04.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Take it apart and clean it out. I personally replace my controllers when they start getting that shine to them. Once the controller loses that texture feeling, I sell them and get new ones.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Take it apart and clean it out. I personally replace my controllers when they start getting that shine to them. Once the controller loses that texture feeling, I sell them and get new ones.
    Same here. I can't stand a worn out controller. I just sell mine to GameStop and get a new one after awhile. Such a waste of money but hey.

Super Elite

Do you guys have any experience with the PS3 controllers with the analog stick positioned like the 360 controllers? I've been thinking about getting one of those lately. Maybe it's because I switch between consoles and my left thumb muscle has become weaker...BUT my thumb HURTS after playing for a few hours. I compared the controllers and I think I like the 360 layout because when my left thumb is relaxed it moved upwards and and that's where the stick is. With the PS3, I have to stretch my left thumb far to the right the whole time since that thumb mostly stays right there.

So, anyone have those controllers with the 360 layout and have opinions of them? I started reading reviews and most of them seem to have people complaining about dead zones.

I figure since my controllers are getting sticky, this is a good chance to try out one of these. Opinions on them?
    Last edited by Typical guy; 11-12-2012 at 01:07.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    My controller does that sum times when im playing Dynasty Warriors because of pressing the same button alot, im still using the same controller that i've had for years when the button gets jamed i keep tapping it.

That a other reason y im scared of using my PS VITA to much
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Thread Information