Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4

Thread: SMC Name Change

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Why did it take 4+ years to change?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Some members complained about Devious only being here for four months, and that it didn't make sense for the 'Senior' Members Council. A few members said that in the promotions thread.

So that right there is evidence of misconception.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Because the forums evolve rather than stagnate. People took issue with the word "senior" in the SMC moniker because we promoted a 4-month PSU member to that status.

That made us think that since the SMC doesn't require a member to be senior, we could reword or change the title.

No other reason.

In 4 yrs, until now, no one ever complained about a persons time on site in dealing with promotions.
    LMAO

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Well, here's what the forum says about what an SMC is...

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...012-Edition%29

scroll down to the "What do each of the username colors mean?" section.

Senior Member Council - SMC's are low-level moderators who deal with small-scale forum issues. They can merge threads, delete posts, and ban spam bots. They are a great asset and an immense help to the other levels of staff. Many dedicated SMC's later are promoted to Moderator.
    If there were any misconceptions, it would have been easy enough to explain the actual reasons why people are chosen, that the people that were chosen fit those reasons, and linked to the above section I gave you.

As far as the complaints go, you should probably go back and read them and get a better understanding of what they were made for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Because the forums evolve rather than stagnate. People took issue with the word "senior" in the SMC moniker because we promoted a 4-month PSU member to that status.

That made us think that since the SMC doesn't require a member to be senior, we could reword or change the title.

No other reason.

In 4 yrs, until now, no one ever complained about a persons time on site in dealing with promotions.
    Like I said, it's never been about a persons time on the site. It isn't now, and it wasn't then. Easy explanation could have put that to rest. The problem was more about trying to explain how someone could be qualified based on their activity, not length of being a member.

I'm not trying to go into details about the problems that were pushed away earlier.. this was about the SMC name change, and why I believe it shouldn't have been changed. We don't wanna go into details about the other stuff too much. Trust me.
    Last edited by F34R; 11-16-2012 at 15:49.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Well, here's what the forum says about what an SMC is...

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...012-Edition%29

scroll down to the "What do each of the username colors mean?" section.

If there were any misconceptions, it would have been easy enough to explain the actual reasons why people are chosen, that the people that were chosen fit those reasons, and linked to the above section I gave you.

As far as the complaints go, you should probably go back and read them and get a better understanding of what they were made for.
    I'm going to re-lock this. I opened it up to get some suggestions on new names and this is what you do.
    Last edited by Ixion; 11-16-2012 at 17:28.

Thread Information