Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Members grievance thread

Right

In light of the in-fighting and issues we have been having lately, im creating this thread for ALL members to say what they wanna say or what they are unhappy about regarding PSU, us as staff, anything.

Please do not turn this into a staff bashing thread, but DONT be afraid to say what you want. There will be no infractions handed out for posting here unless you break a rule. (Similar to the punching bag thread)

If this doesn't work, then can any staffer please close it.

We welcome you ALL to come and speak,

Go.
    Last edited by 33x; 11-13-2012 at 16:19.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

2. Likes DeviousOne wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC

4. Likes RaY_210 wishes they had posted this first.
    Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel
    who is afraid of who? And why?
    Different people respond differently then others to insult, or being judged. That should very well explain what I mean.

My perma ban was an example of a pathetic person, who dis-liked me enough to perma ban me for telling three members in PMs about a dinky little forum that was set up by another member.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    I want to start with one question.

Why was Dave banned again? Seriously? Was it justified this time?

I will soon get into my other huge rant on certain things. But lets start with something easy.

8 years and counting!

Soldier 95B
    Well, I have been distraught for years. I am still waiting for forum theme choices. Not a day doesn't go by that I wish I could switch over to a fuchsia, with a comic san serif font. And we need more hot chicks posting here.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    When i wake up in the morning my back hurts? WHAT is PSU gonna do about that LMAO....

I have no greivances but i am interested in seeing what other members have them and their point of view also how they can be resolved as a community!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    I want to start with one question.

Why was Dave banned again? Seriously? Was it justified this time?

I will soon get into my other huge rant on certain things. But lets start with something easy.
    He was let back from a perma-ban, and those members are told they will be banned again at first sign of their previous behavior. Dave kept harassing and insulting a certain member, so we banned him.

The same thing happened to Snowhawk and Spider. As far as I know, Kwesnoth and Soldier are the only members who were able to come back without relapsing.

YouTube Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    He was let back from a perma-ban, and those members are told they will be banned again at first sign of their previous behavior. Dave kept harassing and insulting a certain member, so we banned him.

The same thing happened to Snowhawk and Spider. As far as I know, Kwesnoth and Soldier are the only members who were able to come back without relapsing.
    Dave is something this community needs, a little injection of life. In my opinion he was banned again based on personal issues towards him which are unjustified, and downright uncalled for.

8 years and counting!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    In my opinion he was banned again based on personal issues towards him which are unjustified, and downright uncalled for.
    Again, you're just being skeptical. That's our policy on perma-banned members who are given a second chance, and he didn't follow it. Cuguy told him straight up what the situation was.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Dave is something this community needs, a little injection of life. In my opinion he was banned again based on personal issues towards him which are unjustified, and downright uncalled for.

If it were personal issues, I would not have lifted his ban to begin with!

Just as Ix said, that is how it works. Soldier and Kwes are the only two previously banned members so far who have rebounded and learned from their past mistakes.

Unbound Mercenary
    Again, you're just being skeptical. That's our policy on perma-banned members who are given a second chance, and he didn't follow it. Cuguy told him straight up what the situation was.
    It was the same for me. One rule break, and back out the door I go.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Yup, I make it clear with every one of them that coming back is a one shot deal.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I dont have many issues with the staff of this forum but i have loads of issues in the technical part of the forum.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 11-13-2012 at 16:17.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Just, im gonna weigh in, Dave WAS harrassing other members. he really was

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Deleting posts and then not messaging the person that posted it why it was deleted so that person knows where they went wrong.

Who is Dave?
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

YouTube Editor
    I found his ban which was created, but there is no link to the source of the reasoning. Care to provide? I have come across a few posts in the past few days which are filled with lies about Dave, and it is very unprofessional. I have been here since 2005 and know him on a personal level, and was here for his rise as CM, and now his ultimate demise. His beginning of PSUni, eventual sale, and the list goes on. I am tired of those speaking out about him as if they have known him for years and had backyard BBQ's with the guy. Please stop speaking on issues you know nothing about.

There was a mass un-banning done some time ago. To me this came off as a way to try and re-generate this place with activity, which is a good idea. However, in the end it is quite sad that it would come to something like that.

8 years and counting!

Indoril Nerevar
    The name change is mildly irksome to me. Select Member Council makes no sense. It'd be similar to a group being called the Jump Members Group, or the Run Members Group. 'Select Members Council' implies, logically, that it's a group that selects members rather than being a group of the selected. It should be Selected Members Council.

As far as I know, Kwesnoth and Soldier are the only members who were able to come back without relapsing.
    It's very slightly saddening that no one ever seems to remember me.
    Last edited by Rapture; 11-13-2012 at 16:16.

20. Likes Kwes , Justin wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I dont have mayn issues with the staff of this forum but i have loads of issues in the technical part of the forum.
    So do I cyber.. and just about daily, I check into these things to see if I can speed any of it up. Believe me man, all of the stuff you brought up (most of it actually) I put in myself into the tracker database. It is just a matter of when it will be handled.

What I will figure out a way to do, is pull a report from our tracking software to show what HAS been done and what is on the books waiting, so members can see what is and isn't getting accomplished.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Deleting posts and then not messaging the person that posted it why it was deleted so that person knows where they went wrong.
    This is something that should not happen. The staff member that deleted a post should either PM the member or make a post in the thread explaining why posts were deleted, which usually happens when many posts need to be purged.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

Who is Dave?
    I would only do that if it was reported. but i would leave a note in the thread to say why, cant speak for other. But duly noted

Dave??? Sigh..............see below
    Last edited by 33x; 11-13-2012 at 16:20.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The name change is mildly irksome to me. Select Member Council makes no sense. It'd be similar to a group being called the Jump Members Group, or the Run Members Group. 'Select Members Group' implies, logically, that it's a group that selects members rather than being a group of the selected. It should be Selected Members Council.
    'Select' can be used as an adjective as well. You're just thinking of the verb.

Simply put, the name explains that the SMC are chosen for being the best members for the job.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    I found his ban which was created, but there is no link to the source of the reasoning. Care to provide? I have come across a few posts in the past few days which are filled with lies about Dave, and it is very unprofessional. I have been here since 2005 and know him on a personal level, and was here for his rise as CM, and now his ultimate demise. His beginning of PSUni, eventual sale, and the list goes on. I am tired of those speaking out about him as if they have known him for years and had backyard BBQ's with the guy. Please stop speaking on issues you know nothing about.

There was a mass un-banning done some time ago. To me this came off as a way to try and re-generate this place with activity, which is a good idea. However, in the end it is quite sad that it would come to something like that.

I wouldn't call 4 users a mass unbanning

Ya know what, no.. I do not know Dave personally. Honestly, while SMC here, Dave was a huge ass even to me. It was widely accepted at PSU and among the staff at that time that Dave was not approachable in anyway. He never helped me once as a new staffer. Not once. All of the backstory that has been posted about him, came from people above me handing down info about what happened. However, that backstory has nothing at all to do with his recent unbanning and rebanning. Nothing. It may all well be misinformation, I accept that I was probably lied to at this point. Does it matter? That is 4 yrs+ old information and not even relevant. I already said, if this was in any way personal, do you think I would have pulled Dave's ban? No.

He gave me a compelling discussion in email, then squandered his chance away.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    This is something that should not happen. The staff member that deleted a post should either PM the member or make a post in the thread explaining why posts were deleted, which usually happens when many posts need to be purged.
    Exactly.. if you see posts go missing, let myself or another staffer know and we can see who deleted the post and ask why.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    So do I cyber.. and just about daily, I check into these things to see if I can speed any of it up. Believe me man, all of the stuff you brought up (most of it actually) I put in myself into the tracker database. It is just a matter of when it will be handled.

What I will figure out a way to do, is pull a report from our tracking software to show what HAS been done and what is on the books waiting, so members can see what is and isn't getting accomplished.
    I always hear that a lot of things were improved and some bugs fixed but all of my issues still persist and persist and persist...

It would be cool if a report of fixed and improved things would be displayed to regular members.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I always hear that a lot of things were improved and some bugs fixed but all of my issues still persist and persist and persist...

It would be cool if a report of fixed and improved things would be displayed to regular members.

That is something I am actively working on in my spare time. It was suggested by our new SMC, Soldier. Issue is, I have to find a way to get a usable report out of the software.

Man, believe me when I say that I do check on this stuff. Let me see what I can do about getting some public updates!

Thread Information