Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The new name for the SMC is stupid. We already have 2 staff members speak out against it, proving the "unanimous" quote given (when declaring the new name) as being flawed. It only further speculates the way many of us feel that the staff has become a group of members who feel only those THEY like will ever join the ranks, instead of placing the best interests of the forum first. This was proven by the creation of a new SMC member after only being here for 4 months, which is crazy. Furthermore it was stated that the rest of the community didn't showcase the same values as this new SMC? Thats a joke, and not the way ANY STAFF should speak about their community!

It used to be declared that any member who joins and surpasses 5K posts in 4 months is a spammer, and after reviewing their post history I will agree with just that. A history filled with jokes and sarcasm which has drawn the attention of the staff. If this is what dignifies a promotion around here I sadly bring into question the thinking abilities (for promotions) of all the staff.

Also the CONSTANT overlooking of a certain member based on "skeptical" behaviour of years ago is unjustified.

8 years and counting!

2. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    That is something I am actively working on in my spare time. It was suggested by our new SMC, Soldier. Issue is, I have to find a way to get a usable report out of the software.

Man, believe me when I say that I do check on this stuff. Let me see what I can do about getting some public updates!
    You should just post something like a games patch notes in the PSU announcements section in a form of a normal thread.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    You should just post something like a games patch notes in the PSU announcements section in a form of a normal thread.
    I think that is the idea i am shooting for. I just got to find a way to get the info out in a quick manner so I can
    LMAO

5. Likes adamdolge likes this post
    Veteran
    Items User name styleE3PS3 Slim
    If we could address one technical issue with the forums, what would you want done immediately? If we could address two major issues, what could wait a few months?

7. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    'Select' can be used as an adjective as well. You're just thinking of the verb.

Simply put, the name explains that the SMC are chosen for being the best members for the job.
    The definition you posted agrees with me. It listed its proper form, selected, after it gave its adjective use. Formally 'Select' is used for overtly special or preferable items, typically for sale or usage. Select Member Council is improper.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I dont have many issues with the staff of this forum but i have loads of issues in the technical part of the forum.
    My only real issue here. It can go to the point where I don't want to come here for a while.

As for, Dave, I did notice constant harassment and insults towards members in the football thread.

YouTube Editor
    I still want to see the bannable offence by Dave, if you can please provide it.

Sadly Dave's name was tarnished for reasons beyond his control. In my opinion because of the back history (which isn't true) it made staff members think differently of the guy before even giving him a chance. His initial ban was done by Seb himself after Dave started his own site. Sounds like a good reason to me. Pfft.

8 years and counting!

YouTube Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    My only real issue here. It can go to the point where I don't want to come here for a while.

As for, Dave, I did notice constant harassment and insults towards members in the football thread.
    Are people seriously that uptight? It is a FOOTBALL thread!

8 years and counting!

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Who cares about Dave?

13. Likes Lethal , adamdolge likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post

I never had a problem in that thread i mean its a football thread but he did cross the line with another member and followed that member outside of the football thread to harass them...

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

15. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Are people seriously that uptight? It is a FOOTBALL thread!
    It looked as such to me but most of the active members in there didn't seem to mind and instead question why he was banned.

@DeviousOne, I've read a lot of his material and only noticed such attitude in the Football thread. Then again the staff has access to member reports.
    Last edited by Fon; 11-13-2012 at 17:45.

17. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Elite Sage

Everything and everyone...

Seriously, in my 5 years on these boards i don't think i've ever seen anything worth complaining over. Sometimes i wonder if people are just getting bent out of shape over the slightest things that don't really impact the site as badly as they claim.

At the risk of sounding like i'm attempting to get my nose a bit brown. Keep up the good work guys. Sure the site isn't as smooth as we would like it to be but big deal, i can still post and read posts fine 90% of the time.

19. Likes DeviousOne , Sleepy, RaY_210 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I never had a problem in that thread i mean its a football thread but he did cross the line with another member and followed that member outside of the football thread to harass them...
    That, and he was harassing another member as well. Snide comments in forums, chasing every post, the member reported him and combined with the actions in and out of the football thread, he was banned. Simple as that.
    LMAO

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    The new name for the SMC is stupid. We already have 2 staff members speak out against it, proving the "unanimous" quote given (when declaring the new name) as being flawed.
    They weren't around and we can't wait for the entire staff to chime in, but every staff member that responded (which was most of the staff) liked the choice.

It only further speculates the way many of us feel that the staff has become a group of members who feel only those THEY like will ever join the ranks, instead of placing the best interests of the forum first. This was proven by the creation of a new SMC member after only being here for 4 months, which is crazy.
    What would be placing the forums first? Choosing a member simply because they've been around a long time or choosing the member we actually feel will be the best staff member?

Furthermore it was stated that the rest of the community didn't showcase the same values as this new SMC? Thats a joke, and not the way ANY STAFF should speak about their community!
    Why else would we choose Devious then? I'm confused.

It used to be declared that any member who joins and surpasses 5K posts in 4 months is a spammer, and after reviewing their post history I will agree with just that. A history filled with jokes and sarcasm which has drawn the attention of the staff. If this is what dignifies a promotion around here I sadly bring into question the thinking abilities (for promotions) of all the staff.
    Yes, Devious may make a bit too many joke posts, but I would MUCH rather have that flaw in a new staff member than someone who has negatively interacted with certain members, such has trolling, using insults, harassing, having a short temper, etc. And most of the other long-time members are guilty of this.

Also the CONSTANT overlooking of a certain member based on "skeptical" behaviour of years ago is unjustified.
    We can talk about this member via PMs if you want.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by adamdolge View Post
    If we could address one technical issue with the forums, what would you want done immediately? If we could address two major issues, what could wait a few months?

Please adress the folowing issues as soon as possible.

Fix the issue with the loading progress of a page getting stuck at a certain point.
    Gifs and animated smilys not working.
    Upgrade the size limit of avatars.
    Add facepalm smily.

23. Likes Fon likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    That, and he was harassing another member as well. Snide comments in forums, chasing every post, the member reported him and combined with the actions in and out of the football thread, he was banned. Simple as that.
    Perfect, then please show me so I can understand the full extent. Until you do I will continue to feel he was banned for no justified reason, simply because there is a hanging "reputation" that was given to him in the past.

8 years and counting!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Please adress the folowing issues as soon as possible.

Fix the issue with the loading progress of a page getting stuck at a certain point
    have you submitted a feedback on this yet? i havent looked today, and can't right now.

Gifs and animated smilys not working
    working on this as we speak...

Upgrade the size limit of avatars..
    let me check on this.. what size AV's are you looking to have? is it physical size or do you want a larger file size limitation?

Add facepalm smily
    working on this as we speak... also. I sent the smilies to the site guys to be put on the server, once they do, we will turn them on.
    LMAO

26. Likes Sleepy, adamdolge likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Everything and everyone...

Seriously, in my 5 years on these boards i don't think i've ever seen anything worth complaining over. Sometimes i wonder if people are just getting bent out of shape over the slightest things that don't really impact the site as badly as they claim.
    I personally don't have any issues with members and staff but the technical issues are real to many here. For example

*The log in tab is too close to the "Register"
    *The Log in tab doesn't work like 90% of the time and instead just refreshes the page
    *Submitting threads/posts/rep/etc.. will either freeze or take millenniums to register
    *Tabs don't load properly and instead you have to refresh the page - repeat if it continues.

I've used Google Chrome and Firefox, experienced the same issues. Anything else works great so it's not my computer nor internet browsers.

28. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Also why ask for an external URL for avatars if its not going to be used?
    Right clck any and all avatars it is always coming from psu.com.
    It hink the physical size of avatars is good just the space size thats a hinderence 25KB is bugger all.
    Or just allow higher if its an external URL

Website goes offline for about 30 mins or so it seems, never really timed it so cannot say.
    Last edited by keefy; 11-13-2012 at 18:06.

YouTube Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    What would be placing the forums first? Choosing a member simply because they've been around a long time or choosing the member we actually feel will be the best staff member?

Still don't get it do you? You don't promote someone based on how long they have been here, but at the same time you don't promote someone who has only been here for 4 months, and does nothing but reply to every possible thread to UP his post count. Many of the posts are pointless remarks that add NOTHING to the discussion, spam! There are so many great members here and how they were overlooked I will never understand. Especially one member......

This member is never mentioned for promotion because of a past incident which holds NO significance now. The fact "this person" has been overlooked for so long showcases bias decisions by the staff that only want to benefit their own agenda.

8 years and counting!

31. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Still don't get it do you? You don't promote someone based on how long they have been here, but at the same time you don't promote someone who has only been here for 4 months, and does nothing but reply to every possible thread to UP his post count. Many of the posts are pointless remarks that add NOTHING to the discussion, spam! There are so many great members here and how they were overlooked I will never understand. Especially one member......

This member is never mentioned for promotion because of a past incident which holds NO significance now. The fact "this person" has been overlooked for so long showcases bias decisions by the staff that only want to benefit their own agenda.
    If it is who I am thinking of that member has stated publicly they do not want to be promoted. I agree with you about some members just bumping up count recently.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    @Cuguy

I want the avatar size to be upgraded and not the resolution. From 25kbs to 50 kbs.

Also take these issues in consideration as well, you must not fix them immediately but for the future.

In customize my profile page after clicking on save a window pops up saying that your changes were saved but when clicking on the black and only okay button the site doesnt react and you are stuck on the greyed out window saying your changes were saved.

After adding some additional changes and clicking save which afterwards leads you getting stuck on the saved changes window, refreshing the page shows you that your changes werent saved.

Lag when writing on a mobile device like iPad and Samsung Galaxy S3 using the regular browser.

Gifs and animations lagging even on a good computer.

When adding a picture or video by using the add interface sometimes everything greys out and doesnt function. Or it doesnt detects the input text field at all, which happens only on mobile devices.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    you don't promote someone who has only been here for 4 months, and does nothing but reply to every possible thread to UP his post count. Many of the posts are pointless remarks that add NOTHING to the discussion, spam!
    That's going too far. Again, too much of his posts are not substantial enough, I agree, but I've seen him take part in plenty of good debates and discussions. Also, you don't have access to the Content Team forums, where he participates and contributes to many of the discussions concerning the site.

Also keep in mind that many of his joke posts take place in joke threads, where it's perfectly permissible.

If you're talking about F34R, I would love to discuss this with you via PMs. I don't want to make this thread too personal.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    I actually voted for the S in SMC to stand for 'special'. Just to piss everyone off.

Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

36. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    My main problem is that the design, both aesthetically and technically, isn't up to the standards you'd expect nowadays. It's a huge turn off.

The main issue in that container of issues being down times and slow loading times.

Why isn't the design responsive for example.
    Other opinions are available.

Thread Information