Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 91
  1. #26
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The new name for the SMC is stupid. We already have 2 staff members speak out against it, proving the "unanimous" quote given (when declaring the new name) as being flawed. It only further speculates the way many of us feel that the staff has become a group of members who feel only those THEY like will ever join the ranks, instead of placing the best interests of the forum first. This was proven by the creation of a new SMC member after only being here for 4 months, which is crazy. Furthermore it was stated that the rest of the community didn't showcase the same values as this new SMC? Thats a joke, and not the way ANY STAFF should speak about their community!

    It used to be declared that any member who joins and surpasses 5K posts in 4 months is a spammer, and after reviewing their post history I will agree with just that. A history filled with jokes and sarcasm which has drawn the attention of the staff. If this is what dignifies a promotion around here I sadly bring into question the thinking abilities (for promotions) of all the staff.

    Also the CONSTANT overlooking of a certain member based on "skeptical" behaviour of years ago is unjustified.

    8 years and counting!

  2. Likes Kwes likes this post
  3. #27
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    4,129
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    95,216 (4,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    That is something I am actively working on in my spare time. It was suggested by our new SMC, Soldier. Issue is, I have to find a way to get a usable report out of the software.

    Man, believe me when I say that I do check on this stuff. Let me see what I can do about getting some public updates!
    You should just post something like a games patch notes in the PSU announcements section in a form of a normal thread.

  4. #28
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    135
    Points
    3,496,956 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    You should just post something like a games patch notes in the PSU announcements section in a form of a normal thread.
    I think that is the idea i am shooting for. I just got to find a way to get the info out in a quick manner so I can
    LMAO

  5. Likes adamdolge likes this post
  6. #29
    Veteran
    adamdolge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,261
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    31,692 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleE3PS3 Slim
    If we could address one technical issue with the forums, what would you want done immediately? If we could address two major issues, what could wait a few months?

  7. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
  8. #30
    Finally You Are Free
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    15,937
    Rep Power
    136
    Points
    84,437 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    'Select' can be used as an adjective as well. You're just thinking of the verb.



    Simply put, the name explains that the SMC are chosen for being the best members for the job.
    The definition you posted agrees with me. It listed its proper form, selected, after it gave its adjective use. Formally 'Select' is used for overtly special or preferable items, typically for sale or usage. Select Member Council is improper.

  9. #31
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,141
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    113,212 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I dont have many issues with the staff of this forum but i have loads of issues in the technical part of the forum.
    My only real issue here. It can go to the point where I don't want to come here for a while.

    As for, Dave, I did notice constant harassment and insults towards members in the football thread.







  10. #32
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I still want to see the bannable offence by Dave, if you can please provide it.

    Sadly Dave's name was tarnished for reasons beyond his control. In my opinion because of the back history (which isn't true) it made staff members think differently of the guy before even giving him a chance. His initial ban was done by Seb himself after Dave started his own site. Sounds like a good reason to me. Pfft.

    8 years and counting!

  11. #33
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    My only real issue here. It can go to the point where I don't want to come here for a while.

    As for, Dave, I did notice constant harassment and insults towards members in the football thread.
    Are people seriously that uptight? It is a FOOTBALL thread!

    8 years and counting!

  12. #34
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    4,129
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    95,216 (4,000 Banked)
    Who cares about Dave?

  13. Likes Lethal , adamdolge likes this post
  14. #35
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    My only real issue here. It can go to the point where I don't want to come here for a while.

    As for, Dave, I did notice constant harassment and insults towards members in the football thread.
    I never had a problem in that thread i mean its a football thread but he did cross the line with another member and followed that member outside of the football thread to harass them...

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  15. Likes Admartian likes this post
  16. #36
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,141
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    113,212 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Are people seriously that uptight? It is a FOOTBALL thread!
    It looked as such to me but most of the active members in there didn't seem to mind and instead question why he was banned.

    @DeviousOne, I've read a lot of his material and only noticed such attitude in the Football thread. Then again the staff has access to member reports.
    Last edited by Fon; 11-13-2012 at 17:45.







  17. Likes Admartian likes this post
  18. #37
    Elite Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    10,399
    Rep Power
    92
    Points
    49,009 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Everything and everyone...

    Seriously, in my 5 years on these boards i don't think i've ever seen anything worth complaining over. Sometimes i wonder if people are just getting bent out of shape over the slightest things that don't really impact the site as badly as they claim.

    At the risk of sounding like i'm attempting to get my nose a bit brown. Keep up the good work guys. Sure the site isn't as smooth as we would like it to be but big deal, i can still post and read posts fine 90% of the time.

  19. Likes DeviousOne , Sleepy, RaY_210 likes this post
  20. #38
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    135
    Points
    3,496,956 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I never had a problem in that thread i mean its a football thread but he did cross the line with another member and followed that member outside of the football thread to harass them...
    That, and he was harassing another member as well. Snide comments in forums, chasing every post, the member reported him and combined with the actions in and out of the football thread, he was banned. Simple as that.
    LMAO

  21. #39
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,954
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    71,739 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    The new name for the SMC is stupid. We already have 2 staff members speak out against it, proving the "unanimous" quote given (when declaring the new name) as being flawed.
    They weren't around and we can't wait for the entire staff to chime in, but every staff member that responded (which was most of the staff) liked the choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    It only further speculates the way many of us feel that the staff has become a group of members who feel only those THEY like will ever join the ranks, instead of placing the best interests of the forum first. This was proven by the creation of a new SMC member after only being here for 4 months, which is crazy.
    What would be placing the forums first? Choosing a member simply because they've been around a long time or choosing the member we actually feel will be the best staff member?

    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Furthermore it was stated that the rest of the community didn't showcase the same values as this new SMC? Thats a joke, and not the way ANY STAFF should speak about their community!
    Why else would we choose Devious then? I'm confused.

    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    It used to be declared that any member who joins and surpasses 5K posts in 4 months is a spammer, and after reviewing their post history I will agree with just that. A history filled with jokes and sarcasm which has drawn the attention of the staff. If this is what dignifies a promotion around here I sadly bring into question the thinking abilities (for promotions) of all the staff.
    Yes, Devious may make a bit too many joke posts, but I would MUCH rather have that flaw in a new staff member than someone who has negatively interacted with certain members, such has trolling, using insults, harassing, having a short temper, etc. And most of the other long-time members are guilty of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Also the CONSTANT overlooking of a certain member based on "skeptical" behaviour of years ago is unjustified.
    We can talk about this member via PMs if you want.

  22. #40
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    4,129
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    95,216 (4,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamdolge View Post
    If we could address one technical issue with the forums, what would you want done immediately? If we could address two major issues, what could wait a few months?

    Please adress the folowing issues as soon as possible.

    Fix the issue with the loading progress of a page getting stuck at a certain point.
    Gifs and animated smilys not working.
    Upgrade the size limit of avatars.
    Add facepalm smily.

  23. Likes Fon likes this post
  24. #41
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    That, and he was harassing another member as well. Snide comments in forums, chasing every post, the member reported him and combined with the actions in and out of the football thread, he was banned. Simple as that.
    Perfect, then please show me so I can understand the full extent. Until you do I will continue to feel he was banned for no justified reason, simply because there is a hanging "reputation" that was given to him in the past.

    8 years and counting!

  25. #42
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    135
    Points
    3,496,956 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Please adress the folowing issues as soon as possible.

    Fix the issue with the loading progress of a page getting stuck at a certain point
    have you submitted a feedback on this yet? i havent looked today, and can't right now.

    Gifs and animated smilys not working
    working on this as we speak...

    Upgrade the size limit of avatars..
    let me check on this.. what size AV's are you looking to have? is it physical size or do you want a larger file size limitation?

    Add facepalm smily
    working on this as we speak... also. I sent the smilies to the site guys to be put on the server, once they do, we will turn them on.
    LMAO

  26. Likes Sleepy, adamdolge likes this post
  27. #43
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,141
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    113,212 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Everything and everyone...

    Seriously, in my 5 years on these boards i don't think i've ever seen anything worth complaining over. Sometimes i wonder if people are just getting bent out of shape over the slightest things that don't really impact the site as badly as they claim.
    I personally don't have any issues with members and staff but the technical issues are real to many here. For example

    *The log in tab is too close to the "Register"
    *The Log in tab doesn't work like 90% of the time and instead just refreshes the page
    *Submitting threads/posts/rep/etc.. will either freeze or take millenniums to register
    *Tabs don't load properly and instead you have to refresh the page - repeat if it continues.

    I've used Google Chrome and Firefox, experienced the same issues. Anything else works great so it's not my computer nor internet browsers.







  28. Likes Sleepy likes this post
  29. #44
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,198
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    66,528 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Also why ask for an external URL for avatars if its not going to be used?
    Right clck any and all avatars it is always coming from psu.com.
    It hink the physical size of avatars is good just the space size thats a hinderence 25KB is bugger all.
    Or just allow higher if its an external URL

    Website goes offline for about 30 mins or so it seems, never really timed it so cannot say.
    Last edited by keefy; 11-13-2012 at 18:06.

  30. #45
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    What would be placing the forums first? Choosing a member simply because they've been around a long time or choosing the member we actually feel will be the best staff member?

    Still don't get it do you? You don't promote someone based on how long they have been here, but at the same time you don't promote someone who has only been here for 4 months, and does nothing but reply to every possible thread to UP his post count. Many of the posts are pointless remarks that add NOTHING to the discussion, spam! There are so many great members here and how they were overlooked I will never understand. Especially one member......

    This member is never mentioned for promotion because of a past incident which holds NO significance now. The fact "this person" has been overlooked for so long showcases bias decisions by the staff that only want to benefit their own agenda.

    8 years and counting!

  31. Likes Kwes likes this post
  32. #46
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,174
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    17,620 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Still don't get it do you? You don't promote someone based on how long they have been here, but at the same time you don't promote someone who has only been here for 4 months, and does nothing but reply to every possible thread to UP his post count. Many of the posts are pointless remarks that add NOTHING to the discussion, spam! There are so many great members here and how they were overlooked I will never understand. Especially one member......

    This member is never mentioned for promotion because of a past incident which holds NO significance now. The fact "this person" has been overlooked for so long showcases bias decisions by the staff that only want to benefit their own agenda.
    If it is who I am thinking of that member has stated publicly they do not want to be promoted. I agree with you about some members just bumping up count recently.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  33. #47
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    4,129
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    95,216 (4,000 Banked)
    @Cuguy

    I want the avatar size to be upgraded and not the resolution. From 25kbs to 50 kbs.

    Also take these issues in consideration as well, you must not fix them immediately but for the future.

    In customize my profile page after clicking on save a window pops up saying that your changes were saved but when clicking on the black and only okay button the site doesnt react and you are stuck on the greyed out window saying your changes were saved.

    After adding some additional changes and clicking save which afterwards leads you getting stuck on the saved changes window, refreshing the page shows you that your changes werent saved.

    Lag when writing on a mobile device like iPad and Samsung Galaxy S3 using the regular browser.

    Gifs and animations lagging even on a good computer.

    When adding a picture or video by using the add interface sometimes everything greys out and doesnt function. Or it doesnt detects the input text field at all, which happens only on mobile devices.

  34. #48
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,954
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    71,739 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    you don't promote someone who has only been here for 4 months, and does nothing but reply to every possible thread to UP his post count. Many of the posts are pointless remarks that add NOTHING to the discussion, spam!
    That's going too far. Again, too much of his posts are not substantial enough, I agree, but I've seen him take part in plenty of good debates and discussions. Also, you don't have access to the Content Team forums, where he participates and contributes to many of the discussions concerning the site.

    Also keep in mind that many of his joke posts take place in joke threads, where it's perfectly permissible.

    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    This member is never mentioned for promotion because of a past incident which holds NO significance now. The fact "this person" has been overlooked for so long showcases bias decisions by the staff that only want to benefit their own agenda.
    If you're talking about F34R, I would love to discuss this with you via PMs. I don't want to make this thread too personal.

  35. #49
    Earthbound
    dc89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Taking my seat at the Fancy Pets Council
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15,674
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    2,210 (72 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I actually voted for the S in SMC to stand for 'special'. Just to piss everyone off.

    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

  36. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
  37. #50
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    130
    Points
    2,334 (16,356 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    My main problem is that the design, both aesthetically and technically, isn't up to the standards you'd expect nowadays. It's a huge turn off.

    The main issue in that container of issues being down times and slow loading times.

    Why isn't the design responsive for example.
    Other opinions are available.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.