Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The definition you posted agrees with me. It listed its proper form, selected, after it gave its adjective use. Formally 'Select' is used for overtly special or preferable items, typically for sale or usage. Select Member Council is improper.
    Eh, Grammarly.com gives it a perfect score for grammar. It may not be 100% proper, but it's not incorrect and makes sense.

I suppose if you want to start a new thread where the members brainstorms for name changes, you can do that. We wanted to make a change as soon as possible, so we just asked the staff. But if you guys can think of something better, by all means.

Just keep in mind that we want the name to emphasize the group as being superior members and not inferior staff members (which something such as 'Junior Moderator' would do).

Ultimate Veteran
    Might as well get my other big issue out of the way. Advertising. Some of the ads run on the site in the past has been downright disruptive to the user experience and have therefore had to be pulled. But the overlaying issue of getting better advertising haven't been addressed. This made me question the taste of those involved.

Then we have the Skimlinks disaster. Now in effect once again using Viglinks. Modifying users posts in such a way clearly states you have zero respect for your users. That's what's made me go from 8-9 posts a day to 1 post a day - sometimes less. So tacky.
    Other opinions are available.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Can someone please supply me with the bannable offence Dave is supposedly guilty of? Still waiting. Please prove that it was a deserving ban, and nothing more than simply "not liking" the guy.

8 years and counting!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Can someone please supply me with the bannable offence Dave is supposedly guilty of? Still waiting. Please prove that it was a deserving ban, and nothing more than simply "not liking" the guy.
    Keep in mind that a 'bannable offense' for a perma-banned members is not the same as a bannable offense for a regular member. If Dave started showing his usual behavior, he was going to be banned. He knew the situation. Cuguy told him beforehand.

But I'll go and dig up the reported posts in a bit.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Might as well get my other big issue out of the way. Advertising. Some of the ads run on the site in the past has been downright disruptive to the user experience and have therefore had to be pulled. But the overlaying issue of getting better advertising haven't been addressed. This made me question the taste of those involved.

Then we have the Skimlinks disaster. Now in effect once again using Viglinks. Modifying users posts in such a way clearly states you have zero respect for your users. That's what's made me go from 8-9 posts a day to 1 post a day - sometimes less. So tacky.
    Add blocker is your friend. I haven't noticed any of the text links you've mentioned

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Everything's more or less good with this place. I know many have so many technical issues. There's only one I've had, and it wouldn't let me report it, so I guess that's two lol. When adding a pic/video/link, the display box doesn't show. It isn't until I scroll up to the top of the page that it appears. And when I tried reporting that bug, when I hit submit, it just says "sorry, try again"
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

YouTube Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Keep in mind that a 'bannable offense' for a perma-banned members is not the same as a bannable offense for a regular member. If Dave started showing his usual behavior, he was going to be banned. He knew the situation. Cuguy told him beforehand.

But I'll go and dig up the reported posts in a bit.
    Trust me, as a former Admin I am fully aware. I think many are guilty of taking Dave too literally. Also why was the "dislike" option taken away?

8 years and counting!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I have never noticed this happen with anyone's posts. If there is a hyperlink, it's directed to a news article relevant to the thread.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Soldier 95B
    A whole lot of entitlement going on here. That is my grievance for this hour. Carry on.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    From my time on the site, I feel like there's this big disconnect between the staff and members. I feel like as a member, my opinion on matters feels useless. It doesn't matter what I say, it's noted and that's it. I think that realization came in the thread about the new SMCs. I stand by my previous statement of "give them a chance", but especially after the comment along the lines that no other current member could do the job of SMC, I was a bit baffled.

I'm not a big time poster and not that well-known, I'm more of a reader than a typer. However, there's two members I think would've made excellent choices, and no, it's not the obvious guy people mention. But I feel like it's pointless to even mention it. The thing I love about this community is how it is a tight knit group of members, and at this point with a stagnant console cycle, the member list and current guys hasn't really changed too much. And I took offense that there are some posters who I think are incredible, get passed completely and brushed off as "not as good". These members do care about the site, too.

I think anyone who is still here posting after a year shows that care at least somewhat about the community and the site. I know the staff cares a lot too. I'm not here to bash their job or competency. The reason I'm not complaining about technical stuff is 1, I don't really have the same issues as other members and 2, I have been here long enough to know technical change takes time/money and since the forum works and I can post, I do not mind much.

Personally, I was hesitant to even post this, because I primarily believe it will just be $#@! on. But I believe there should be a 4th new smc. Out of the scraps that one staffer mentioned, those who didn't make the cut of three, should be put to a vote. A thread created with a public poll, where all the community can vote. Make it only last 1-3 days, once it's over, if the winning member wishes to be a part of the SMC, then he should have his shot. I know something similar was done in the past and it didn't pan out, but this is people put to a vote by staff, just 1 member gets picked, and that's that.

If the winner turns it down, then so be it. But what if the community picked someone who actually turned out to do a hell of a job? I do believe the staff has overlooked the potential of a few members. And yes, I understand this may solve nothing.

But that's my opinion on that matter. I understand staff trying to make people use PMs for a lot of this stuff, but I think it only furthers the whole point about the disconnect. If we aren't discussing the issues as a whole, then I feel we are placing some members superior to others ( I do understand some of the things touch up on personal issues, and would only cause problems). I know what I'm asking might be too much, but that's how I feel. There's actually more I could say to touch upon this, but I've already made a giant wall of text here.

11. Likes Admartian , -Shafty- , Ixion , Justin likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    The only issues I have is that for some reason my activity tab is gone so I can't view forum leader boards and rankings and all that also sometimes when I press log in it directs me to the forums page. Wth?.
    I'd also like more stuff to do with SP.
    Last edited by Kuro; 11-13-2012 at 18:14.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Also why was the "dislike" option taken away?
    Dave abused it. He was using the option to dislike and only dislike posts of a certain member, even if it didn't make logical sense to dislike it. We decided not to ban him over that though, because it was somewhat of a gray area.

But then he made this post:

LOL...

This happened because Black Wolf complained to the mods that I disliked 10 posts of hers in a 10 day span out of 70+ posts she made in that same stretch of time.

I never went out of my way to do it and didn't take any extra time to troll around to find her posts to dislike them either...Apparently disliking 10 posts out of roughly 80 or so is harassment (or just being a massive baby). It wasn't even in one day either.

And I agree...this forum has become ridiculously strict and "coddles" its members like they're infants.
    He later edited the post to add 'in general' after the baby part, but since the insult was regarding the situation specific to a certain member (Black Wolf), everyone still knew who he was insulting and he was just trying to get around it.

We saw he was back to his usual ways and was banned.

YouTube Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Dave abused it. He was using the option to dislike and only dislike posts of a certain member, even if it didn't make logical sense to dislike it. We decided not to ban him over that though, because it was somewhat of a gray area.

But then he made this post:

He later edited the post to add 'in general' after the baby part, but since the insult was regarding the situation specific to a certain member (Black Wolf), everyone still knew who he was insulting and he was just trying to get around it.

We saw he was back to his usual ways and was banned.
    How is that a bannable offence? That post doesn't insult anyone nor does it break any rules. It is simply showcasing his dislike and grievance on something, which apparently went ignored as he is banned. All that post does is help solidify my reasoning that he was banned for no good reason.

Now to also tear this apart. You claim the "dislike" feature was taken away because Dave abused it. Well if he is banned (which is IS) why wasn't it reinstated?

I agree with Dave when he said "This forum has become ridiculously strict and "coddles" its members like they're infants".

8 years and counting!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    the comment along the lines that no other current member could do the job of SMC, I was a bit baffled.
    I never said that. I said we believed Devious would make a better SMC than the other options. I didn't say he was the only one who could be an SMC.

As for an election, if there was ever an election process for SMC, it was before I was on staff. I'm open to it, but Cuguy will have to give his opinion. Perhaps it was used before and turned out poorly.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    How is that a bannable offence? That post doesn't insult anyone nor does it break any rules. It is simply showcasing his dislike and grievance on something, which apparently went ignored as he is banned. All that post does is help solidify my reasoning that he was banned for no good reason.
    Did you miss the part where he called Black Wolf a massive baby?

Now to also tear this apart. You claim the "dislike" feature was taken away because Dave abused it. Well if he is banned (which is IS) why wasn't it reinstated?
    His actions showed how the feature can be abused and allow people to annoy others in an underhanded way. So we removed it.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    But you got to agree TheBlackWolf was really a whiny *member. I can understand why Dave got mad at her as she probably pisses off the most.

18. Likes -Shafty- likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Sure are a lot of mangina's in here today......

SMC "Select Members Council" is just a damn name. Who the hell cares what it is called! The staff chooses who becomes members, period!

And all this crap about Dave is ridiculous. He was let back after a perm ban and still couldn't play by the rules. He did not bring anything to PSU to make the staff think for second that he was worth keeping. Easy ass ban in my opinion!

The staff has been chosen, the new SMC name has been picked. This is how it is. Crying about who the staff chose to be on their team is so damn childish. If Devious proves that he is not capable of the job, well then he will be dismissed. It is really simple as that.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Ah, sorry Ixion. Didn't mean to misconstrue your statement, but since it was moved to the admin section, I tried to replicate it from the top of my head. Still stand by my comments, but thanks though.

As for the Dave, TBW issue, he still took it too far. He was a gigantic ass to her and everyone knew she took things a little more personal than others. He could've easily put her on ignore. She could've also "grown some stones", and definitely posted things that would've caused issue, but she did not deserve the treatment that Dave went out of his way to give her.

21. Likes Admartian , DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    He could've easily put her on ignore.
    Exactly. He even told me he only disliked her posts because he disliked her. That's not what the dislike feature is for. That's what the ignore feature is for.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    But you got to agree TheBlackWolf was really a whiny *member. I can understand why Dave got mad at her as she probably pisses off the most.
    I do remember Dave and The Black Wolf arguing in the NFL thread before because she refused to listen to what he was saying, taking it personally. But it's no excuse for him to follow each of her posts and dislike them because he knows it'll piss her off and start even more drama.

The fact that he also admitted to the admins that he would continue his old ways and not care what we do eventually led to him getting a perma-ban.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

YouTube Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Sure are a lot of mangina's in here today......

SMC "Select Members Council" is just a damn name. Who the hell cares what it is called! The staff chooses who becomes members, period!

And all this crap about Dave is ridiculous. He was let back after a perm ban and still couldn't play by the rules. He did not bring anything to PSU to make the staff think for second that he was worth keeping. Easy ass ban in my opinion!

The staff has been chosen, the new SMC name has been picked. This is how it is. Crying about who the staff chose to be on their team is so damn childish. If Devious proves that he is not capable of the job, well then he will be dismissed. It is really simple as that.

Wow, nice way to present yourself. This is how it is, and we will ram it down your throat! This is what bothers me about the staff today. You guys seem to up on this high pedestal and come off as thinking you are better than every other member. Posting like this only adds to that characterization. The distance between the members and the staff is only growing, and it is of great concern.

You are lucky I am no longer Admin as you would of been told by ME that posting like this as a member of staff is unacceptable. Way to present yourself as a role model.

This thread is to help member grievances, and what you JUST posted goes against all of that! You see now why members won't come forward? This is how we are treated, and this is how our opinion is taken! Things sure have changed, and for the worse.
    Last edited by Justin; 11-13-2012 at 18:43.

8 years and counting!

25. Likes -Shafty- , Cybertox , Tutankhamun likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Add blocker is your friend. I haven't noticed any of the text links you've mentioned
    An ad-blocker stops me from seeing the links but it doesn't stop others from seeing them and thinking I added them to my post. Which is my issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I have never noticed this happen with anyone's posts. If there is a hyperlink, it's directed to a news article relevant to the thread.
    It might not be running still. I haven't checked in ages. But how it worked was by making ad links look exactly like user generated links added by the [URL=][/URL] bb-code. Making it impossible for anyone to distinguish them from links added by the author. I suggested Vigilinks could be in green instead of the regular blue color to a staff member via PM and was essentially told I could accept it how it was or leave the site. Just not in such a nice way. Which is why I have more or less stopped posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    A whole lot of entitlement going on here. That is my grievance for this hour. Carry on.
    This is the type of attitude that just wants to make me quit PSU 100%. With staff having this attitude this site can never reach its full potential.

This is a service, we as users can't expect to get everything we want but we are, indeed, entitled to our opinion. Thank you vey much.

27. Likes -Shafty- , Justin , Cybertox likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Wow, nice way to present yourself. This is how it is, and we will ram it down your throat! This is what bothers me about the staff today. You guys seem to up on this high pedestal and come off as thinking you are better than every other member. Posting like this only adds to that characterization. The distance between the members and the staff is only growing, and it is of great concern.

You are lucky I am no longer Admin as you would of been told by ME that posting like this as a member of staff is unacceptable. Way to present yourself as a role model.

This thread is to help member grievances, and what you JUST posted goes against all of that! You see now why members won't come forward? This is how we are treated, and this is how our opinion is taken! Things sure have changed, and for the worse.
    Role model? I am not going to change my opinion to make you happy. I do my part on this forum and I speak my mind as well. You do not like my opinion? Guess what, I do not like yours.

Too much crying going on around here lately. You can not even take my opinion without turning it in to "OMG! Look how the staff is acting!". You will complain about anything, and everything right now.

Good news for you is that this is my last response on the matter. And I posted it here because the other thread is locked up. There is my grievance.
    Last edited by Lethal; 11-13-2012 at 18:50.

29. Likes RaY_210 , DeviousOne likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Role model? I am not going to change my opinion to make you happy. I do my part on this forum and I speak my mind as well. You do not like my opinion? Guess what, I do not like yours.

Too much crying going on around here lately. You can not even take my opinion without turning it in to "OMG! Look how the staff is acting!". You will complain about anything, and everything right now.
    Is it better users leave or that they complain and try to change things? What is any business without its customers? The worst thing that could happen is that we vote with our clicks instead of our complaints. Then you're in the $#@!ter.

YouTube Editor

Good news for you is that this is my last response on the matter. And I posted it here because the other thread is locked up. There is my grievance.

Your attitude is terrible and your hole is getting deeper with every post.

8 years and counting!

Thread Information