Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Wow, nice way to present yourself. This is how it is, and we will ram it down your throat! This is what bothers me about the staff today. You guys seem to up on this high pedestal and come off as thinking you are better than every other member. Posting like this only adds to that characterization. The distance between the members and the staff is only growing, and it is of great concern.

You are lucky I am no longer Admin as you would of been told by ME that posting like this as a member of staff is unacceptable. Way to present yourself as a role model.

This thread is to help member grievances, and what you JUST posted goes against all of that! You see now why members won't come forward? This is how we are treated, and this is how our opinion is taken! Things sure have changed, and for the worse.
    This is what I meant about you possibly going down the road of so many ex-staff members. You quite literally have nothing good to say about how we operate, even when we try to explain ourselves, nothing satisfies you.

Lastly, I get the impression that you're good friends with Dave but he's not coming back. I don't even think you're allowed to contest another member's infraction. Especially when he blew his second chance.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Is it better users leave or that they complain and try to change things? What is any business without its customers? The worst thing that could happen is that we vote with our clicks instead of our complaints. Then you're in the $#@!.
    Customers buy things. And that analogy about customers does not always work. You can't just complain about whatever and expect a business to change. The forum does not demand money from anyone. Another reason why you will not see these ads disappear.

Your attitude is terrible and your hole is getting deeper with every post.
    My attitude has never changed, and my hole is as big as ever. Everyone knows I can be an ass. But DO NOT expect me to kiss your ass. Ok?

Myself and the staff always put PSU first. We are always trying to make this place better. Your attitude is the problem, and it is you that is trying to make the staff look like something it is not.
    Last edited by Lethal; 11-13-2012 at 18:57.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    This is what I meant about you possibly going down the road of so many ex-staff members. You quite literally have nothing good to say about how we operate, even when we try to explain ourselves, nothing satisfies you.

Lastly, I get the impression that you're good friends with Dave but he's not coming back. I don't even think you're allowed to contest another member's infraction. Especially when he blew his second chance.
    Can you honestly look back on that post and tell me it was in good taste? Is that how a staff member should speak to the community when this thread was created with the sole purpose to patch a gap which exists between the staff and community? Not likely.

Now as for Dave. I only used it to further my point that he (like others) were treated unfairly based on past situations.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-13-2012 at 18:58. Reason: Editing my updated quote.

8 years and counting!

Ultimate Veteran
    It might not be running still. I haven't checked in ages. But how it worked was by making ad links look exactly like user generated links added by the [URL][/URL] bb-code. Making it impossible for anyone to distinguish them from links added by the author. I suggested Vigilinks could be in green instead of the regular blue color to a staff member via PM and was essentially told I could accept it how it was or leave the site. Just not in such a nice way. Which is why I have more or less stopped posting.
    I just never noticed it, man. But I can see why it would upset people.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Customers buy things. And that analogy about customers does not always work. You can't just complain about whatever and expect a business to change. The forum does not demand money from anyone. Another reason why you will not see these ads disappear.
    The users are your customers. Don't try to bull$#@! anyone. You make money from your users on subscriptions and ads. I don't expect anything to change, nor do I demand it. I'm just using my given right to complain as a user.
    Other opinions are available.

6. Likes Justin , Cybertox , MATRIX 2 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    The users are your customers. Don't try to bull$#@! anyone. You make money from your users on subscriptions and ads. I don't expect anything to change, nor do I demand it. I'm just using my given right to complain as a user.
    I make nothing. Nor do the rest of the staff.....

All I ask for is your love and support. Is that too much to ask for?

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Every so often threads like this pop up and lots of discussions start and then bugger all happens.

9. Likes Admartian , Justin likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Every so often threads like this pop up and lots of discussions start and then bugger all happens.
    Yep, and it always seems to be the same complainers..

I am not trying to make enemies here. But I will not tuck my tail between my legs either. We are all trying to improve the forum. What really pissed me off was the calling out of Devious. I could care less about the cries for Dave, or the name change to SMC.

Devious has been an asset to this forum. And nobody can tell us that he is not capable of being an SMC.
    Last edited by Lethal; 11-13-2012 at 19:09.

11. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Yep, and it always seems to be the same complainers..

I am not trying to make enemies here. But I will not tuck my tail between my legs either. We are all trying to improve the forum.
    Sorry but i see absolutely no improvements.

Ultimate Veteran
    Can you honestly look back on that post and tell me it was in good taste? Is that how a staff member should speak to the community when this thread was created with the sole purpose to patch a gap which exists between the staff and community? Not likely.

Now as for Dave. I only used it to further my point that he (like others) were treated unfairly based on past situations.
    Apart from the first line, no. It's not how I would have worded it but I agree with the message. Anyways, we've come to the decision that this thread has run its course and have taken your posts into consideration.

For the most part though, we're running in circles.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-13-2012 at 19:16.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS

That was me talking to you like a member of this forum. Good taste or not, you wore that out with me a while ago. Too be honest, you really sort of annoy me. And I am not talking to the community. I am only talking to you. I do not care what color my name shows. I will speak the way I would in any situation handed to me. And that is just how I am, and I have been like that since I joined 5yrs ago. So this is no surprise to anyone.

I am also a member of this forum.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    to patch a gap which exists between the staff and community? Not likely.
    Dear PSU, like my post if you, as a PSU forum member, feel that there is now a gap between you and me. Also if you feel that there is a gap between yourself and Lethal, Blacksite, Soldier, Dark Vincent etc.

I don't really appreciate being painted with the same brush being used to try and paint colors of incompetence and favoritism on the community management team. There is no gap, just a few disgruntled members who are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I love this place, I am here daily and don't see myself leaving any time soon, but holy moly if I ever found myself getting this worked up over the promotion of one member of the community, I would seriously reconsider what I'm doing here.

16. Likes Admartian , DeviousOne , Lethal likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I want to point out Sir_Scud's post as a mature post that is critical, yet respectful and understanding, while lacking a hostile tone. If you guys want these threads to stay open, please take note on how to provide feedback in a mature manner.

Granted, Lethal's recent posts haven't helped the situation, but hopefully we can all keep cooler heads next time.

18. Likes Justin likes this post
    Soldier 95B

20. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    This is going from constructive to personal and nasty very quickly. Tone it down please.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Guys, this was not what i wanted. But anyway, we all get the jist of the issue. Thread closed. Any issues, take it up with me seeing as im the OP

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Thread Information