Master Guru
    Items User name style

I was impressed by the Metal Gear Rising demo

Originally I didn't know what to think of the game, when not much was said about it and then learning it was given to Platinum Games I thought great another failure. I was wrong, the gameplay reminds me of an old school game that gave you the tools but said I'm gonna come kick your ass which I'm a fan of cause everything is skill based, no room for crybabies that keep dying and take it out on their innocent controller.

It felt like a breathe of fresh air honestly, the reputation of Metal Gear has always been about solid gameplay and I think Rising takes it up a notch.

Cutting up a cyborg and healing yourself with their innards never gets old

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

2. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Moved to Metal Gear subforum.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    There's a Metal Gear Rising demo on PSN/Live? Or did you play this somewhere else?

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    There's a Metal Gear Rising demo on PSN/Live? Or did you play this somewhere else?
    There is a Rising demo in the Zone of the Enders HD Collection. I really want to play it.

Honestly, while I was a tiny bit worried when there was little to no talk about it. I was confident that Platinum Games would deliver an awesome game (I loved Bayonetta) especially with the guidance of Kojima Productions. I haven't played the demo yet but I already plan on picking up MGR.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Asura View Post
    Originally I didn't know what to think of the game, when not much was said about it and then learning it was given to Platinum Games I thought great another failure. I was wrong, the gameplay reminds me of an old school game that gave you the tools but said I'm gonna come kick your ass which I'm a fan of cause everything is skill based, no room for crybabies that keep dying and take it out on their innocent controller. It felt like a breathe of fresh air honestly, the reputation of Metal Gear has always been about solid gameplay and I think Rising takes it up a notch. Cutting up a cyborg and healing yourself with their innards never gets old
    Was it actually the PS3 version you played?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No X-Game voice chat?...I'll console myself with free online, blu-ray, browser and the best games

Apprentice
    LOL I love it how most people now get very excited for the game and talk of it in high tones, when the same people were $#@!ing about this game like it was the seed of Satan himself... LOL it's AL-WAYS the same! And I could think of a similar fate for DMC (the reboot of Devil May Cry). Many many DMC fans (I am a DMC fan too btw) wrote comments on youtube that were absolutely disgusting, they sweared and insulted the developers, especially Tameem Antoniades (the game director I believe), but now their voices get more silent every day, and every day the number grows of them saying "Yeah Ok, I hate his hair and that the old games don' get continued, but I'll give it a try. It looks very cool to be fair."

I'm not saying that anyone of you guys is such an ignorant person, I just wanted to tell you.

And yeah, I'm very excited for MGR Revengeance. I guess I'll buy the MGS HD Collection (AFAIK it includes MGS2, MGS3, MGS Peace Walker and the very very old titles MG and MG2 I think), but MGS1 isn't included in this collection. So I'd have to buy it fo 10 bucks on PSN... dude that's a little too much for a PSone game in my opinion. But whatever... And of course - MGS4.

What do you guys say? Is it worth playing MGS1? I mean MGS2 and 3 look acceptable, but MGS1 looks very very old. But this guy on youtube called "Jeremy Jahns" (he reviews movies, but sometimes reviews games or talks about games) reviewed all four MGS games and gave them the score "AWESOMETACULAR!!!" - each one of them. This got me thinking... what if... MGS1 is a blast and I'm missing out on one of the greatest franchises ever created?

If somebody could give me his/her opinion I'd appreciate it.

8. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Master Guru
    Well i wasnt at all impressed....the game seems ok but the gfx..are too generic.It got a hit from been a multiplatform title.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    What do you guys say? Is it worth playing MGS1? I mean MGS2 and 3 look acceptable, but MGS1 looks very very old. But this guy on youtube called "Jeremy Jahns" (he reviews movies, but sometimes reviews games or talks about games) reviewed all four MGS games and gave them the score "AWESOMETACULAR!!!" - each one of them. This got me thinking... what if... MGS1 is a blast and I'm missing out on one of the greatest franchises ever created?

MGS1 is one of my favorite Metal Gears. It's definitely worth playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Master Poster
    I loved every second of it...and this is coming from a dude who absolutely detested what he saw when Platinum Games revealed their take on the concept. The gameplay is fluid and interactive the Zandatsu element is fleshed out. Now all I need is a good story and I'll gladly be happy with this game.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Ancient
    LOL I love it how most people now get very excited for the game and talk of it in high tones, when the same people were $#@!ing about this game like it was the seed of Satan himself... LOL it's AL-WAYS the same! And I could think of a similar fate for DMC (the reboot of Devil May Cry). Many many DMC fans (I am a DMC fan too btw) wrote comments on youtube that were absolutely disgusting, they sweared and insulted the developers, especially Tameem Antoniades (the game director I believe), but now their voices get more silent every day, and every day the number grows of them saying "Yeah Ok, I hate his hair and that the old games don' get continued, but I'll give it a try. It looks very cool to be fair."

I'm not saying that anyone of you guys is such an ignorant person, I just wanted to tell you.

And yeah, I'm very excited for MGR Revengeance. I guess I'll buy the MGS HD Collection (AFAIK it includes MGS2, MGS3, MGS Peace Walker and the very very old titles MG and MG2 I think), but MGS1 isn't included in this collection. So I'd have to buy it fo 10 bucks on PSN... dude that's a little too much for a PSone game in my opinion. But whatever... And of course - MGS4.

I

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover

This is so true! But what can you do?

Haters gonna hate...

Hail Metal Gear! It is still the best!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    it was a good demo and a great game overall..
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSN ID
    Detsurasu

MGS1 is one of the best. It's how Metal Gear should look. After MGS1, other MGS games became much easier, that's what I think.

As for demo, I knew I would not like it and I was right. Not my type of game, Metal Gear and hack n slash don't fit together.
    Last edited by Detsurasu; 03-12-2013 at 00:57. Reason: typo

Thread Information