Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I guess the life of some Americans is a life of choice, fear, hate, angry attacks
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Yup, pretty much! My life as an American is freedom, happiness, and sleep!!! That's the most important one!

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: MoH: Warfighter / Assassin's Creed 3 / GW2
    Waiting For: CoD: Black Ops 2 / Borderlands 2

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I guess the life of some Americans is a life of choice, fear, hate, angry attacks
    You would guess wrong mate lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

4. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Forum Sage

By the way, the number of states is up to 40.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    You would guess wrong mate lol
    well in a small way i am wrong

but the proof is there to prove how many feel mate
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage

I find it "odd" that all 50 states have filed petitions.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    well the states is not the first to do this. A lot of countries around the world big enough have tried something to this effect before

The Heisman

apparently there is a a petition on the same website asking to kick the individuals who want to leave out of the US.

Gonna go sign it now

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    The best display of patriotism an individual could offer!!!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

11. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Just got into a fight with a history teacher at my friend's old school over this. He posted it on his FB and said he was going to sign the petition for NC (where he lives).

I said this was an insanely bad idea- he responded with: "Well secession seemed to work in 1776. And let's not forget the success the former Soviet satellite states had."

I was literally dumb founded that a history teacher said that.

Veteran
    It just seems like a small percentage of every state filed a petition and together amount to a tiny percentage of the total US population...

Plus, judging from when I was watching Election Night and seeing the host show red and blue distribution in the US on both state view and county view, there is a LOT of red littered everywhere in the US. I think blue areas by comparison are more concentrated and educated on average from what it looked like..so seeing all 50 states with some kind of petition doesn't seem all that strange given those demographics. I mean, there's more than just Dems and Repubs out there, but that sort of puts some things in perspective for the majority of people.
    Last edited by Bio; 11-17-2012 at 18:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Why am I not the least bit surprised by that comment? Clearly the life of some Brits is a life of fear, hate, ignorance, and angry attacks, isn't it?

And I am amazed by the massive amount of ignorance displayed across this entire thread, although based on the ages of the posters I probably shouldn't be.

White House web petitions are NOT in any way, shape, form, or fashion an official government petition or method of petitioning the government. The White House isn't required to do anything at all regarding the petitions other than make a short statement about the issue. The petitions are NOT passed along to any other governmental branch or office.

There is NO chance of secession based on these petitions, and most grownups who sign them are well aware of that. What they are is a form of protest, a method to force the White House to acknowledge and address to the displeasure of the American people. Nothing more.

You people do know that these White House Petitions didn't even exist until Obama came to office, right? It was his idea, and is in no way related to actual government functions.

15. Likes Bio, claud3 likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Yup.

Super Elite
    It's just like Scotland wanting indepedence, but when the cookie crumbles how are they going to pay for themselves?
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    It's just like Scotland wanting indepedence, but when the cookie crumbles how are they going to pay for themselves?
    Except scotland has been oppressed under the british for centeries. What's happening now in the us and scotland are not even close to comparison. Us is just some pissed off people that mad obama won. Not even 1% of the us population either. Scotland for centeries have been killed by british in public for no reason, homes violated, women violated with no britsh ever being charged. Most (most not all) brits love to judge us and laugh when they are just as bad and many ways worse.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Except scotland has been oppressed under the british for centeries. What's happening now in the us and scotland are not even close to comparison. Us is just some pissed off people that mad obama won. Not even 1% of the us population either. Scotland for centeries have been killed by british in public for no reason, homes violated, women violated with no britsh ever being charged. Most (most not all) brits love to judge us and laugh when they are just as bad and many ways worse.
    You are confusing English with British, there is a difference. If you're going to use medieval examples at least get it right!

Using modern day ethics to understand events that far in the past is futile.
    Last edited by Valefor; 11-18-2012 at 14:15.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I know not all Americans are for this, it's just a reaction to the outcome of the elections... But it could have been brewing for months or years before the elections
    Last edited by claud3; 11-18-2012 at 15:08.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    That's very typical of Brits.

Look at a globe sometime. Count the number of countries out there. Brits, primarily the English, have invaded and committed genocide in all but 20 countries. In all of human history no other country has caused anywhere near as much death, rape, and theft of resources as the mighty British Empire, and they actually have the arrogance to claim they were "brining civilisation" to the rest of the world, as if there is anything at all civilised about genocide in the name of greed.

Brits are probably among the least civilized people walking the face of the planet. They have absolutely no shame and no regret for the death and destruction they've caused. Quite the opposite, they are actually PROUD of having slaughtered almost the entire Native American and Australian Aborigine populations, and look down on the few remaining members of these peoples with disgust.

If you want to see how shameless the Brits are in what they've done, ask them about India. To a man they will tell you how poor and worthless India is, totally overlooking the fact that India was the richest nation on earth the year before Brits invaded. They are only poor now because of the Brits.

Or, take a good look at Isreal and the Palestinians today. How many Brits point finger and call Israelis "land thieves" overlooking the fact that it was Britain itself that stole the land and created Israel with the Balfour Declaration and Mandate of Palestine. Brits sent millions of Jews to Isreal, created a homeland for them, and then turn around and call them land thieves and support the Palestinians. If I didn't know better I would think the Brits were trying to finish what Hitler started.

And I don't even know where to start with Ireland. Ironic that so many support the Palestinians now when the Irish are no different from the Palestinians in their complaints and goals.

And yet these same Brits, like good old claude here, feel they are actually in some superior position that allows them to pass judgement on other people and cultures. A bunch of murdering thieves calling everyone else bad.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 11-18-2012 at 16:57.

22. Likes Beast of Bourbon likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Valefor View Post
    You are confusing English with British, there is a difference. If you're going to use medieval examples at least get it right!

Using modern day ethics to understand events that far in the past is futile.
    Yes they where under english that's my fault.

Looking at what scotland wants to do seems the diff is their gov wants to and not just people
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    It doesn't matter who was in control back then... It matters who's in control now, which is the people... And the ignorant people who voted for Obama just cuz they have the same skin color as him, or just the fact that he isn't white is whats causing this second civil war. And most people know tht it will happen, maybe not within the next 4 years but if not then, it'll be soon. So I still say everyone be ready!

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: MoH: Warfighter / Assassin's Creed 3 / GW2
    Waiting For: CoD: Black Ops 2 / Borderlands 2

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post

Look at a globe sometime. Count the number of countries out there. Brits, primarily the English, have invaded and committed genocide in all but 20 countries. In all of human history no other country has caused anywhere near as much death, rape, and theft of resources as the mighty British Empire, and they actually have the arrogance to claim they were "brining civilisation" to the rest of the world, as if there is anything at all civilised about genocide in the name of greed.

Brits are probably among the least civilized people walking the face of the planet. They have absolutely no shame and no regret for the death and destruction they've caused. Quite the opposite, they are actually PROUD of having slaughtered almost the entire Native American and Australian Aborigine populations, and look down on the few remaining members of these peoples with disgust.

If you want to see how shameless the Brits are in what they've done, ask them about India. To a man they will tell you how poor and worthless India is, totally overlooking the fact that India was the richest nation on earth the year before Brits invaded. They are only poor now because of the Brits.

Or, take a good look at Isreal and the Palestinians today. How many Brits point finger and call Israelis "land thieves" overlooking the fact that it was Britain itself that stole the land and created Israel with the Balfour Declaration and Mandate of Palestine. Brits sent millions of Jews to Isreal, created a homeland for them, and then turn around and call them land thieves and support the Palestinians. If I didn't know better I would think the Brits were trying to finish what Hitler started.

And I don't even know where to start with Ireland. Ironic that so many support the Palestinians now when the Irish are no different from the Palestinians in their complaints and goals.

And yet these same Brits, like good old claude here, feel they are actually in some superior position that allows them to pass judgement on other people and cultures. A bunch of murdering thieves calling everyone else bad.
    You make good points but I have never notice claude acting superior.

Dedicated Member

That's a very broad brush you're using.

As a Briton, and an Englishman, please tell me why I or anyone else of Britain should feel any shame for the acts of those before us, whom we don't even know. I for one have no recollection of slaughtering any native Americans or Australians, or displacing any Palestinians with the creation of Israel. Do you?
    Last edited by Valefor; 11-18-2012 at 23:36.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valefor View Post
    That's a very broad brush you're using.

As a Briton, and an Englishman, please tell me why I or anyone else of Britain should feel any shame for the acts of those before us, whom we don't even know. I for one have no recollection of slaughtering any native Americans or Australians, or displacing any Palestinians with the creation of Israel. Do you?
    What about the Irish and Northern Ireland, a territory the UK only holds because of a 400 years long policy of genocide and population replacement? I suppose you don't know any Irish, and aren't old enough to remember The Troubles, huh?

And surely you're more than willing to return Northern Ireland to the Irish today, right? Willing to remove the English and let the native Irish have their country back?

What about Gibraltar, a territory you only hold through military conflict with Spain? Why should you hold Gibraltar while telling the Israelis to leave Gaza when both territories were aquired the same way? Don't even try to tell me that Spain doesn't want their territory back.

And then there are the Falkland Islands. Now, I'm not about to suggest that they belong to Argentina, but have you ever asked them if they would like Independence from British rule? I'm sure they would love to keep all of those oil reserves and inevitable profits for themselves rather than having it all taken and sent back to the UK, leaving them with nothing.

Like I said, only 20 countries on the entire planet have escaped being ravaged by the UK, and last I checked the UK still has NOT given up all of their territories and colonies.

You still hold 7 territories in the Caribbean. When do you plan on returning those to the Native Americans who lived there before you came?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash

I think this is a bit harsh. you are completely ignoring colonial theory of the time. i don't want to justify what they did, but it was a completely different time then. And it was the Americans who primarily killed the native americans. granted the Brits took care of New york and the north east...but rest of the continent no.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    I think this is a bit harsh. you are completely ignoring colonial theory of the time. i don't want to justify what they did, but it was a completely different time then. And it was the Americans who primarily killed the native americans. granted the Brits took care of New york and the north east...but rest of the continent no.
    actually that was Christopher Columbus and his gang.

Thread Information