Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    actually that was Christopher Columbus and his gang.
    Actually it was a few select group of Christopher's gang! He actually stopped in America and then decided to sail south further. But there were a few people who stayed behind after Christopher left Plymouth to later sail to I think it is the Bahamas. Idk for sure but somewhere in the Caribbean

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: MoH: Warfighter / Assassin's Creed 3 / GW2
    Waiting For: CoD: Black Ops 2 / Borderlands 2

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJ0k3r View Post
    Actually it was a few select group of Christopher's gang! He actually stopped in America and then decided to sail south further. But there were a few people who stayed behind after Christopher left Plymouth to later sail to I think it is the Bahamas. Idk for sure but somewhere in the Caribbean
    Dafuq you talking about. Columbus never was at Plymouth. He landed in the caribbean and left there. He discovered "the Americas" not "America". Plymouth was the puritians who landed and settled there.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    And it was the Americans who primarily killed the native americans. granted the Brits took care of New york and the north east...but rest of the continent no.
    Stop me if I'm wrong, but weren't the "americans" back then just Brits with a new name?

Forum Sage

Dafuq you talking about. Columbus never was at Plymouth. He landed in the caribbean and left there. He discovered "the Americas" not "America". Plymouth was the puritians who landed and settled there.
    Actually, it was Amerigo who "discovered" the Americas though earlier discoveries can be attributed to the Vikings and early modern humans who crossed into the Americas via the Bering Strait more than 50,000 years ago. All Christopher did was "discover" the Caribbean Islands which include the countries of Haiti, Cuba, Jamaica and Puerto Rico.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by SprSynJn View Post
    Stop me if I'm wrong, but weren't the "americans" back then just Brits with a new name?
    Not at all. And really morganator your just splitting hairs.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Colombia did land at Plymouth but did not stay! They teach this in advanced historical events... My cousin has told me this and he is a college professor.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There is only one Great country the clue is in its name.

Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    That's very typical of Brits.

Look at a globe sometime. Count the number of countries out there. Brits, primarily the English, have invaded and committed genocide in all but 20 countries. In all of human history no other country has caused anywhere near as much death, rape, and theft of resources as the mighty British Empire, and they actually have the arrogance to claim they were "brining civilisation" to the rest of the world, as if there is anything at all civilised about genocide in the name of greed.

Brits are probably among the least civilized people walking the face of the planet. They have absolutely no shame and no regret for the death and destruction they've caused. Quite the opposite, they are actually PROUD of having slaughtered almost the entire Native American and Australian Aborigine populations, and look down on the few remaining members of these peoples with disgust.

If you want to see how shameless the Brits are in what they've done, ask them about India. To a man they will tell you how poor and worthless India is, totally overlooking the fact that India was the richest nation on earth the year before Brits invaded. They are only poor now because of the Brits.

Or, take a good look at Isreal and the Palestinians today. How many Brits point finger and call Israelis "land thieves" overlooking the fact that it was Britain itself that stole the land and created Israel with the Balfour Declaration and Mandate of Palestine. Brits sent millions of Jews to Isreal, created a homeland for them, and then turn around and call them land thieves and support the Palestinians. If I didn't know better I would think the Brits were trying to finish what Hitler started.

And I don't even know where to start with Ireland. Ironic that so many support the Palestinians now when the Irish are no different from the Palestinians in their complaints and goals.

And yet these same Brits, like good old claude here, feel they are actually in some superior position that allows them to pass judgement on other people and cultures. A bunch of murdering thieves calling everyone else bad.
    This guy is sad that USA isnt number one at raping and killing.
    Great Britain $#@!s you YEAH!
    Better than being a nation thats known for mostly being fat stupid $#@!s.
    Last edited by keefy; 11-19-2012 at 13:45.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

Better than being a nation thats known for mostly being fat stupid $#@!s.
    Oh no you didn't honey boo boo child!! Lol jk
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Dedicated Member

What about the Irish and Northern Ireland, a territory the UK only holds because of a 400 years long policy of genocide and population replacement? I suppose you don't know any Irish, and aren't old enough to remember The Troubles, huh?

And surely you're more than willing to return Northern Ireland to the Irish today, right? Willing to remove the English and let the native Irish have their country back?
    Self-determination should reign supreme, so yes, if Northern Ireland voted to leave the UK, then they should be allowed to leave, just as Scotland will decide their future by holding a vote.

But to remove 'English' people from Ireland to let the 'natives' have it back? That's absurd. I suppose modern Americans of British decent should leave the US to come back to Britain, then together we all move back to the European continent, before all moving back to Africa? Of course not, this argument of 'moving out unless you're native' is seriously flawed.

What about Gibraltar, a territory you only hold through military conflict with Spain? Why should you hold Gibraltar while telling the Israelis to leave Gaza when both territories were aquired the same way? Don't even try to tell me that Spain doesn't want their territory back.
    Again, self-determination. Gibraltar wish to remain part of the UK. What the Spanish government wants is irrelevant.

Gibraltar referendum, 2002: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibralt...ferendum,_2002

And let's be clear, most if not all national boundaries have been decided through military conflict.

And then there are the Falkland Islands. Now, I'm not about to suggest that they belong to Argentina, but have you ever asked them if they would like Independence from British rule? I'm sure they would love to keep all of those oil reserves and inevitable profits for themselves rather than having it all taken and sent back to the UK, leaving them with nothing.
    Self-determination. Again, yes, Britain has asked them if they would like independence.

Falkland Islands referendum to be held in 2013: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklan...ferendum,_2013

Like I said, only 20 countries on the entire planet have escaped being ravaged by the UK, and last I checked the UK still has NOT given up all of their territories and colonies.

You still hold 7 territories in the Caribbean. When do you plan on returning those to the Native Americans who lived there before you came?
    I've addressed these issues above.

And, you still haven't given the reason why as Britons we should feel shame for the acts of those before us.
    Last edited by Valefor; 11-19-2012 at 14:03.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Jesus all he said was that the brits are the last folk that should point their finger at others.
    Every rich nation has blood on its hands.

I never gased, shot or maimed anyone but we still get called nazis from time to time...

Guilt is like a bag of bricks, all you gotta do is set it down

11. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    Jesus all he said was that the brits are the last folk that should point their finger at others.
    Every rich nation has blood on its hands.

I never gased, shot or maimed anyone but we still get called nazis from time to time...

Guilt is like a bag of bricks, all you gotta do is set it down
    I love that anomaly I think that's what it is called! And yes you're right!

Forum Sage

Not at all. And really morganator your just splitting hairs.
    I know right? But how do you think I'm splitting them. (doing it long ways)

On a serious note though, I do like to give the original discoverers the credit since ya know, they ended up staying and formed some of the greatest empires of the ancient and not so ancient world.

PSU Technical Advisor
    This $#@! makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

http://americablog.com/2012/11/shoul...ate-elite.html

I will never again be ensnared in the 'hero worship' of the military class. Ever.

I'll save my respect and heartfelt thanks for the real heroes in the US. The every day American who works hard for moderate pay and so-so benefits, spends it wisely and treats his family right.

15. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Colombia did land at Plymouth but did not stay! They teach this in advanced historical events... My cousin has told me this and he is a college professor.
    If this is what your cousin teaches then God help his students. This is like second grade stuff man. 1492 Columbus landed in the Caribbean...THOUSANDS of miles south of Plymouth. 130 years later...the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth...which is in Massachusetts. Columbus was no where near Plymouth.

Columbus' expeditions.

17. Likes Nerevar likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    This $#@! makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

http://americablog.com/2012/11/shoul...ate-elite.html

I will never again be ensnared in the 'hero worship' of the military class. Ever.

I'll save my respect and heartfelt thanks for the real heroes in the US. The every day American who works hard for moderate pay and so-so benefits, spends it wisely and treats his family right.
    Thats why you see some hard working Soldiers say they never want to move up because of the politics involved. The grunts do the work, and while some generals are grunts are heart, the ones in article just played the political game.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    If this is what your cousin teaches then God help his students. This is like second grade stuff man. 1492 Columbus landed in the Caribbean...THOUSANDS of miles south of Plymouth. 130 years later...the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth...which is in Massachusetts. Columbus was no where near Plymouth.

Columbus' expeditions.
    Considering my cousin has wrote and edited 3 books about this stuff for his college students lol

I'm nt saying you're wrong or he is, I'm just going off of what I learned from my cousin, and even in third grade I was told Columbus did land here but he didn't stay!
    Last edited by EvilJ0k3r; 11-19-2012 at 18:08.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Considering my cousin has wrote and edited 3 books about this stuff for his college students lol

I'm nt saying you're wrong or he is, I'm just going off of what I learned from my cousin, and even in third grade I was told Columbus did land here but he didn't stay!
    If you are confident in your cousin then you are prob miss remembering the facts because that statement is absolutly false he was never in Plymouth. I have a degree in history. I've studied colonial America in detail.

21. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    If you are confident in your cousin then you are prob miss remembering the facts because that statement is absolutly false he was never in Plymouth. I have a degree in history. I've studied colonial America in detail.
    I do recall saying Plymouth or somewhere around there! And if I didn't say that, that is what I made. He did land somewhere in the Americas! But it wasn't Plymouth that they know of. His journal they supposedly have in The DC museum says that he landed on a strange wooded land that he did not like! At least the curator at the museum told me this.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    I do recall saying Plymouth or somewhere around there! And if I didn't say that, that is what I made. He did land somewhere in the Americas! But it wasn't Plymouth that they know of. His journal they supposedly have in The DC museum says that he landed on a strange wooded land that he did not like! At least the curator at the museum told me this.
    He did land in the Americas...just not where the United States of America would be. He landed in the Bahamas. As for his journal...he did land in a strange wooded land...he also though he found a route to India. He only traveled to the Caribbean. Simple fact. You can also see it in the vestiges of colonialism.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    He did land in the Americas...just not where the United States of America would be. He landed in the Bahamas. As for his journal...he did land in a strange wooded land...he also though he found a route to India. He only traveled to the Caribbean. Simple fact. You can also see it in the vestiges of colonialism.
    I know you can! And where else could he of landed back then? There wasnt much wooded areas around there besides the Americas! And like I've, he landed in the Americas!

PSU Technical Advisor
    Gentlemen.. Are we seriously devoting half of this page towards a discussion concerning whether or not Christopher Columbus really was at Plymouth?

26. Likes MjW likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Gentlemen.. Are we seriously devoting half of this page towards a discussion concerning whether or not Christopher Columbus really was at Plymouth?
    Yup! I guess so! Haha

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    I know you can! And where else could he of landed back then? There wasnt much wooded areas around there besides the Americas! And like I've, he landed in the Americas!
    You do realize 'The Americas' means the whole continent right? North/Central/South America the whole thing. You're saying he landed in Plymouth and headed south but Plymouth is a good 1500 Miles North of where he landed and a 'wooded area' means nothing...there were a whole lotta wooded areas they could have landed....including the Bahamas. your just confusing the pilgrims with Columbus but won't relent. That statement is just utterly false.

@Vulgotha: Shut it you...this is important

29. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    You do realize 'The Americas' means the whole continent right? North/Central/South America the whole thing. You're saying he landed in Plymouth and headed south but Plymouth is a good 1500 Miles North of where he landed and a 'wooded area' means nothing...there were a whole lotta wooded areas they could have landed....including the Bahamas. your just confusing the pilgrims with Columbus but won't relent. That statement is just utterly false.

@Vulgotha: Shut it you...this is important
    A wooded area is trees! Lol like a forest haha but I agree! This is important! But there are documents saying he landed up north before actually landing in Caribbean down south.

Veteran
    I don't think Plymouth is ANYWHERE NEAR the Bahamas! Had he landed at Plymouth, your logic would probably hold up that he never would have returned again!
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Thread Information