Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Need for Speed: Most Wanted demo impressions

I tried out the demo the other day, after slowly navigating the PlayStation Store twice (didn't recognize my selection the first time). Well, it sucks. It's basically Burnout Paradise with a new coat of paint. You'll be disappointed if you were expecting something along the lines of the original Most Wanted.

I'm not a huge fan of the Need for Speed franchise but I know the games used to be about progressing your way through the single-player storyline (albeit cheesy) to drive more exotic and powerful vehicles. I even read the Wikipedia page to make sure but this game doesn't even offer that. 'If you can find it, you can drive it' vs. 'Reclaim your ride from a blacklist of the city's best street racers'.

Then again, I haven't been following this reboot since it was first unveiled. I know the series isn't exactly doing well these days (seems EA peaked with Underground 2) but if the demo is any indication of the final product then it's not worth paying the full price for Most Wanted.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-14-2012 at 23:17.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Sage
    I loved Burnout Paradise and I think NFS: Most Wanted is a great game. You still have Most Wanted cars that you have to beat in order to claim their car......the only extra step they have is you have to shut it down after you beat them.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I absolutely love this game.

4. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    I know, I'm part of a small minority. Lol.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I absolutely love this game.
    Me too.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    It does resemble Bunout: Paradise in many ways, whether it is good or bad is subjective.

BUT, i believe that they should have not made it so much like Burnout, it has lost the charm than the NFS games had on the ps2 era.

Give new devs a shot i say.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    It is very similar to Burnout Paradise and switching from EA Canada to Criterion caused Most Wanted to lose some of it's charm it had in 2005. I remember hitting the nos button and you would get that blurred tunnel vision which made it seem like you were going hella fast. The colors used to pop out at you as well. I also miss all the customisable parts.

With that said, I am still finding this game extremely fun. Just think of it like Burnout Paradise 2, instead of NFS.
    Last edited by Lethal; 11-15-2012 at 02:01.

10. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    It is very similar to Burnout Paradise and switching from EA Canada to Criterion cause Most Wanted to lose some of it's charm it had in 2005. I remember hitting the nos button and you would get that blurred tunnel vision which made it seem like you were going hella fast. The colors used to pop out at you as well. I also miss all the customisable parts.

With that said, I am still finding this game extremely fun. Just think of it like Burnout Paradise 2, instead of NFS.
    All I want is BP2, which is why I want this game The only NFS game I own is Shift... I did have one on PS1 back in the day but eh, its lost/broken... need to buy another copy back ><

ANYWAY, yeah. As soon as I heard Criterion was on this game I've just pretty much been thinking of it as BP2

Master Guru
    I'm loving NFS: Most Wanted but i just love racing games in general so i'm easily satisfied lol.

Forum Sage
    It is very similar to Burnout Paradise and switching from EA Canada to Criterion caused Most Wanted to lose some of it's charm it had in 2005. I remember hitting the nos button and you would get that blurred tunnel vision which made it seem like you were going hella fast. The colors used to pop out at you as well. I also miss all the customisable parts.

In my case, I would never have given NFS a try if it wasn't for Criterion. I loved what they did with Hot Pursuit, which is what made me pick this up and the fact it's like Burnout is just icing on the cake.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    The game looks and plays beautifully.. period.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    As a Burnout title this game would be good, but as a Need for Speed its kind of fail.. rather confused why its even a NFS

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    As a Burnout title this game would be good, but as a Need for Speed its kind of fail.. rather confused why its even a NFS
    Becuase a NFS game NEEDS to released every year ><

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The game is not bad and neither fantastic, its decent but some burnout elements made the game worst. Like for example the feature with the body shop. The world is also small and disappointing. On the other hand the sound of the cars and the graphics are amazing. In terms of gameplay its very repetetive.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    You know, NFS releasing a game almost every year is not any different from COD. Same $#@!, remixed. And this is essentially a remake of Most Wanted IMO. But, that being said, it's fun. But not worth $60, maybe $30.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    You know, NFS releasing a game almost every year is not any different from COD. Same $#@!, remixed. And this is essentially a remake of Most Wanted IMO. But, that being said, it's fun. But not worth $60, maybe $30.
    I agree with you on that. EAs quality is very bad because the developers of the games are very limited in time. I think NFS games should have at least 3 years of development.

Forum Sage
    NFS Most Wanted is a quality title. Give it a chance.

Thread Information