Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Bend Studio job listing indicates unannounced AAA Vita title

Sony's Bend Studio today listed a job opportunity looking for a developer for another PlayStation Vita title.

Known for developing the PS Vita launch title Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Bend Studio is offering a position called Senior Staff Technical Animator at their offices in Bend, Oregon. The studio has also developed Syphon Filter titles and Resistance: Retribution for the PlayStation Portable system. The official job listing on Gamasutra says:

“Bend Studio the creators of Sony's flagship Vita title Uncharted Golden Abyss is currently looking of the entertainment industries top artistic talent to help us create AAA content for Sony's powerful new hardware. We just scratched the surface on what the Vita can do with Uncharted Golden Abyss and expect to push the platform even further with our future projects."

So, what is Bend Studios developing? It's highly likely to be another Uncharted game for the PS Vita, but it could also be planning to return to the Syphon Filter or the Resistance series.

Or maybe it could be bringing another big franchise to the Vita. Infamous or God of War, perhaps? We'll keep you posted when we find out more. Let us know what you think it could be.
    via PlayStation Universe.

I want to see something other than Uncharted. I doubt it'll be another Resistance but they could always make another Syphon Filter.
    Last edited by Black; 11-15-2012 at 22:35.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Triple A? Hope so..I really do. Yeah I hope it's a Syphon Filter game as well.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    IT'll probably another Uncharted but this is good news. Bend are a top studio

Can't wait to play Uncharted next week with the Plus update : )

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    How about we see a Vita exclusive IP? That'd be nice to see a AAA game that isn't feeding off of PS3 franchises.

***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    How about we see a Vita exclusive IP? That'd be nice to see a AAA game that isn't feeding off of PS3 franchises.
    I agree with this. Although Uncharted is technically PS Vita's most sold game so they might continue down that route.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    I agree with this. Although Uncharted is technically PS Vita's most sold game so they might continue down that route.
    I'd be ok with more Uncharted lol. It's my fav "Sony" franchise up to this point.

***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I'd be ok with more Uncharted lol. It's my fav "Sony" franchise up to this point.
    I also love, Uncharted but I would like to see something different. Gravity Rush was a breath of fresh air.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    They did a great job with Uncharted but it would be cool of they tackled a different IP... Or a brand new one and make a really high profile Vita system seller

Via Tapatalk

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

9. Likes F34R likes this post
    Great! thanks for the news

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    They did a great job with Uncharted but it would be cool of they tackled a different IP... Or a brand new one and make a really high profile Vita system seller

Via Tapatalk
    That's what I'd love to see (also some more uncharted lol)

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Definitely! I mean, I haven't even played UC:GA yet but unique IP for Vita should be a priority. Bringing back Syphon Filter would also be great

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

Job Adverts Suggest Bend Are Working On Another Uncharted For Vita

Did you like Uncharted: Golden Abyss? Well, it looks like developers Bend are working on another, if information taken from three separate job adverts posted today can be extrapolated to fit. Of course, they could be working on absolutely anything, but considering past experience, a gap in the market for another title and – well – the descriptions, it’s likely that this is for another Uncharted.
    The three new roles are for a Senior Staff Environment Artist, a Senior Staff Artist and a Senior Staff Character Animator, all at their Oregon head office.
    Between them, they mention things like “organic and inorganic terrain” and “architectural elements”, “textures and setup shaders that mimic real word properties like metal and cloth” and the animator is to work on “characters, weapons, vehicles and everything else” and “cinematic sequences including acting, facial animation and lip-syncing”.
    This is likely to be an existing IP, due to an “established direction” and “engine guidelines”.
    Oh, and if you want a bonus job description – this one for a Senior Director of Brand Marketing mentions “next gen software” – wonder what that could be all about
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/12/...rted-for-vita/

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Thread Information