Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style

Service Provider Change help

After years of frustrating Internet service, I decided I wanted to upgrade. But I'm on limited funds and ballin' on a budget you dig me. So I was thinking of switching to the Clear ISP. They are touting 3-6 MBs down and 1MB up with unlimited usage for $49.99. I'm currently using Verizon with 1-3MBs down and 765k up for roughly $35 after taxes and all. Should I make the switch? Has anyone ever had any reviews or personal experiences with Clear Internet? All help would be appreciated.

I would go with Comcast, but that $#@!s just too damn high. 12Mbs down and I think it was 2 or 3MBs up for $70 after the taxes and leasing of their modem. I ain't got that kinda time or money. So they're out of the question. Verizon has been my only outlet for my price range until Clear has come on the seen. Only thing is I wonder if Clear would be decent for an online gamer like myself.

And for my current speeds and all that, click here. Embarrassing I know!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Sage
    I have clear. It's pretty good......I use it for streaming/online gaming.....you'll have to put up with some lag though....or get used to it. Not as fast as cable but faster than DSL.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I have clear. It's pretty good......I use it for streaming/online gaming.....you'll have to put up with some lag though....or get used to it. Not as fast as cable but faster than DSL.
    Really? That sucks kinda! I see I won't be able to go hard-wired into my console. That's a bit of a blow. Undecided, but might use the trial they're offering. Thanks for the reply, Sainraja.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The speeds shouldn't be an issue at all with online gaming. That seems to be on par with enough speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Can you post some ping results or the latency caps?

Open up cmd prompt and type "ping www.google.com" (without the quotes). Take a screen shot of it so we can see how it's affecting your gaming.

Use www.pingtest.net and post the results. Here is how it shows me:
    Last edited by F34R; 11-16-2012 at 11:44.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Tracert might be a bette use, it will pinpoint any routing problems as well.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Yeah, I'd go that route if you see packets being lost. Or using it solely would see both for sure. Good suggestion Keefy.

Thread Information