Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    That number probably includes PSN, Mini's, PSOne and 2 games, adding the PS3 games. That's probably accurate I'd say. lol
    THAT would make sense.

2. Likes F34R likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They'll be including the PS1 and PS2 Classics because they need to be republished. There are at least a thousand on the Japan Store for starters IIRC. Europe has the most PS2 Classics so far however. So yeah F34R is on the money there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    no where near amazing... but it has to be good to have sold 70mil, but you compare where Sony, Nintendo and MS were last gen to now and can it still be classed as good?
    I was referring to Move with the last part of that comment, but the PS3 itself is selling at a faster and higher rate than the PS1, so yes that is a great amount. The PS2 was in a league of its own that no company including Sony themselves will be able to recreate, but the PS3 LTD will surely be a fantastic amount, higher than the 360 will be LTD for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

4. Likes F34R likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    THAT would make sense.
    That's exactly what I said. Lol

Except for the Minis, and there are hardly any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    That number probably includes PSN, Mini's, PSOne and 2 games, adding the PS3 games. That's probably accurate I'd say. lol
    I'd say it also includes all the Japanese games made that are not released outside the country. There are quite a few of them.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Yay for sony.....Not shocking especially with the SS ps3 released

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    They move a lot of stock in to the channels for Xmas. Most orders are in the pipeline by then.
    I think you might be under estimating how many units MS maybe have pumped into the market simply because of Halo 4.
    But yea could be 2 million, could be 3 million, we have no idea, and that because Sony hide there number in the fiscals now. So its all guess work.
    The halo/cod/gow effect have been hit the wall. It all banks on kinect. Look at when kinect hit the market. MS had their best year(10/11). Then sales started to drop yoy but picked up during the holidays(11/12). It's starting to look like the kinect effect is wearing thin(12/13 yoy sales are down) but of course we won't know until the holidays are over.

Xbox 360 Worldwide Hardware Unit Sales (Unit:Million)
    Code:
    FY          Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr    Ap-Jn     FY       LTD

2005/06        -        1.5      1.7      1.8      5.0      5.0

2006/07        1.0      4.4      0.5      0.7      6.6      11.6    

2007/08        1.8      4.3      1.3      1.3      8.7      20.3    

2008/09        2.2      6.0      1.7      1.2      11.2     31.5     

2009/10        2.1      5.2      1.5      1.5      10.3     41.8

2010/11        2.8      6.3      2.7      1.7      13.7     55.3 

2011/12        2.3      8.2      1.4      1.1      13.0     68.3

2012/13        1.7       -        -        -       1.7      70.0
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Power Member
    Items User name style
    No doubt they are on the downside. Hard to tell if the slowdown down is specific to MS though.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-17-2012 at 03:58.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Soldier 95B
    All are on the downside now.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Thats quiet impressive.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Yep, they're all on the down, but I expect Sony to have the longest legs as they usually do, even after PS4 they'll release games for it which is key.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Skinnyjr
    Wow, 1 month after the console that came out one year before.... Impressive!!!
    Sony BRAVIA 40" XBR4
    harman/kardon AVR1600
    1Tb PS3 slim
    500Gb PS4
    Toshiba S50D A
    AMD A10-5745M APU 2.10Ghz
    AMD Radeon HD 8500M
    8Gb RAM
    1Tb Hdd
    Windows 8

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Sony should have a decent holiday season with their focus on casuals, maybe. Next year they should pull good numbers with the release of bigger titles such as, The Last of Us, God of War: Ascension and Beyond: Two Souls but I can see interest go back down later in the year. This industry needs the next generation consoles to spark interest again.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    When all is said and done they'l probably eclipse the PS1s sales. Not a financial success by any means but from where they were at the start of the gen they've done a good job. It'll sell well in developing countries like the PS1 and 2 did once the new gen kicks off too

Veteran
    Great movement by PS3 given its overwhelming odds this generation...but huh? Sony is even with MS worldwide? I thought MS has been up comfortably.

Though that might be because Holiday season hasn't "really" begun yet. Halo with the extra padding by Kinect/Just Dance should rocket-launch 360 into some nice sales numbers per usual. That will be enough to absorb PSASBR, Sports Champions 2, and Ratchet & Clank: FFA/Q-Force, but it may not be too bad when we have regions like Japan and, to a lesser advantage, EU.

Im expecting things even out in Q1-Q2 with the biggest heavy-hitting titles (GoW: Ascension, Beyond: Two Souls, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, maybe TLoU). And I expect the two multiplatform reboots, DmC and Tomb Raider, to sell better on PS3. Not to mention second half of the year belongs to FFXIV:ARR and TLoU if it isn't out yet before then. Probably some others I missed as well.

2013 is looking very nice for PS3 and I'm curious to see where things stand once we get to its 2nd Quarter.
    Last edited by Bio; 11-17-2012 at 16:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Soldier 95B
    With the PS3 success in Japan, MS will eventually trail.

Superior Member

how is 70 million not very successful? In videogame history, not very many console reached that milestone. PS1 and PS2 of course. Xbox 360 and Wii. Dudes, not even the Nintendo or Supernindento or Sega Genesis or Atari 2600 reached those numbers. Think about that for just one moment. In fact, the PS2 sold more than the Nintendo, Super Nintendo and the Atari 2600 COMBINED. The gaming industry has changed a lot. It is mainstream entertainment now. ALL the consoles are doing gangbuster numbers. All are successes. The only question at this point is are the hardware makers going to continue to support the current consoles after their new ones come out? We know Sony will...that's their history. As long as they continue to sell and production prices are reasonable, they will continue to produce them. Microsoft has a history of dropping the old console for the new. Will they continue that trend? And with Nintendo, it's anyone's guess. If we go by the known trends, the PS3 will eventually outsell the 360 because MS will drop support if the 360's successor does well.
    Shinei!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    MS won't throw away a 90m (or whatever it may be when Xbox 3 is out) install base

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    the market wasnt as big back then as it is now.

These are def impressive numbers especially when you look back at previous generations.

This is the first gen that has had 3 successful consoles co exist.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    the market wasnt as big back then as it is now.

These are def impressive numbers especially when you look back at previous generations.

This is the first gen that has had 3 successful consoles co exist.
    Not to mention each of them eclipsing the N64. (Yeah, I went there.)

This generation, given the economic, political and various other factors, has been a roaring success.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    With the PS3 success in Japan, MS will eventually trail.

Pretty much this.

As for those suggesting the PS3 as a "success", for who exactly? And what are you using to measure success and failure by?
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Forum Elder
    As for those suggesting the PS3 as a "success", for who exactly? And what are you using to measure success and failure by?
    success is selling 70mil+ PS3's. failure would be losing so much market share to Nintendo and MS in the process.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    How so? Even if the PS3 was around 90 million at this point just like PS2, Sony can't control the success of the competition, all 3 have done well this gen, not sure why people would want 1 console dominating like PS1 and PS2 because then Sony would sit back rather than continuously pushing themselves like they have this gen. Just compare the PS2s 6th year lineup with the PS3s upcoming 6th year, massive difference.

25. Likes skinny_jr, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    success is selling 70mil+ PS3's. failure would be losing so much market share to Nintendo and MS in the process.
    I think they have all done just fine this generation in terms of sales, if anything we have an expanded market and games are reaching more people than every before.

I question the term success because I'm not entirely sure that Sony would ever look on the PS3 as a financial success.

Ultimate Veteran
    great sales numbers for the ps3 congrats

Apprentice
    I think they have all done just fine this generation in terms of sales, if anything we have an expanded market and games are reaching more people than every before.

I question the term success because I'm not entirely sure that Sony would ever look on the PS3 as a financial success.
    The ps3 sells with profit and the psp have sold with profit for a long time. Sony as a company have problems with profit, but they have invested alot in studios and other things. If they had not done that, the profit would have been bigger. Hopefully they will rise and come back with the next playstation. Competition is great for us as gamers and it would be sad if only one console would rule the market.
    It will be exciting to see if sony can open up the chinesee market with the ps3.

Thread Information